Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

I think that christians have to standup for what they believe strongly. Otherwise they standby silently by while things like genocide are committed. It is the same with standing up for other beliefs. Christian have the same rights as other to standup and they should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It's sad you vote for a man who believes in killing babies and you don't believe the Ten Commandments belong in our society which undoubtedly was one of the foundations of this country and helps the gospel of the cross make sense.

That is absolutely sad for you as a Christian.

I am a black man who puts his faith first rather than his color.
Its sad that you cling to the term "killing babies" in the face of losing this election in an overwhelming way. Sorry.. I brought my fear shield today. Your nonsense don't work with me.

I am a white man who votes for the best man (in my opinion). I couldn't care if the man was black, yellow, green, white or purple. But I'll be damned if I would have voted for him if he was pink. I hate the color pink.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Christian have always stoodup for their beliefs.Many think that they can compromise on bible teaching to make their life easier.IMO that is a false belief.The constition prevents the state from violating the right to religious belief . Christian have always known that others will pursecute them for this but that has gone on thru out history.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:36 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSCCS View Post
This topic of discussion is only to get your take and different perspectives.

Examples to consider in providing an answer.

1) Our school system is doing everything it can to take God and His influence from our children and educational system.

2) It seems it is a crime to talk to people about Christ in public places.

3) Promoting use of condems instead of abstinance.

4) Taking Ten commandments and religious displays out of public view.

5) etc.

There are many Christians that unify against these efforts and many that don't. Do you support these efforts? Do you oppose them? Do you support them but do nothing about it? If you are doing something about it, please provide your example of how you have made a difference!
As a devout Christian, I am compelled to answer.

1) Are you referring to prayers in public schools? I'm sorry, but there are a good number of Christians who point to Matthew 6 as proof that Christ was against public prayer, even in the synagogue.

2) A complete and total bunch of nonsense.

3) Well, I'm not big fan of it either. But which is the worse evil? Pre-marital sex or AIDS or unwanted pregnancy?

4) Which version of the Ten Commandments? The Protestant and Catholic versions are markedly different in wording and in substance, one espoused by Origen, and the other espoused by St. Augustine. To hang one from the wall of the courthouse is to promote one branch of Christianity over another.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
As a devout Christian, I am compelled to answer.

1) Are you referring to prayers in public schools? I'm sorry, but there are a good number of Christians who point to Matthew 6 as proof that Christ was against public prayer, even in the synagogue.
No, you misinterpret.

Quote:
2) A complete and total bunch of nonsense.
It is true. I have had friends threatened by police.

Quote:
3) Well, I'm not big fan of it either. But which is the worse evil? Pre-marital sex or AIDS or unwanted pregnancy?
You gotta be kidding right?!

Quote:
4) Which version of the Ten Commandments? The Protestant and Catholic versions are markedly different in wording and in substance, one espoused by Origen, and the other espoused by St. Augustine. To hang one from the wall of the courthouse is to promote one branch of Christianity over another.
They are pretty much the same-lying, stealing etc.... There is only one Christianity.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:53 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
IMO: yes, we should be involved in these discussions. Why? Because...all that is neccessary for evil to triumph is for good Christians to do nothing. If we don't speak up on the side of Godly things, then who will?

Bud
Silently cheering you on. God Bless. Keep speaking the truth, someones listening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity