Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2008, 01:08 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,885,467 times

Advertisements

Matthew 25:31-46

Everytime I hear, read, or think about this passage it really gets me thinking. On a daily basis what are we doing for the Least of us? Are we doing what is asked of us?

Inviting in strangers, visiting those in prison, needing clothes and basic human needs, those who are sick.....

Do we really do what is asked of us? We live in one of the weathiest places in the world yet have so much poverty and suffering. The problem seems so big for one person, but are we doing what is asked? He clearly says
'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me"

Just curious if this gets others as much as it gets at my heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,274,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Just curious if this gets others as much as it gets at my heart?
Yes.. I think about this too. Am I really doing what I can? It seems like there's so little that I do to help those around me... and yet the times that I have helped, it is so rewarding!

Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM

22,210 posts, read 19,238,916 times
the phrase i try to keep in mind is
what ye do to the least, ye do to me

as a reminder to myself that the people I feel the most upset by, the people I am most angry towards or judgmental towards, or want to treat badly, whether through my meanness or my rudeness or harsh words or cheating them somehow or disrespect or insults or gossip....

it's easy to feel righteous and charitable towards those I feel warmhearted or kindly towards....where jesus wants me to take note is when i feel somehow "justified" in my treating someone badly I don't like (for whatever reasons), those people i see as somehow "less than" or not as good as in some way.....jesus is saying to me direclty, you treat that person that way = you're treating me that way....

in other words even the people I don't like i have to treat with the respect i would give Jesus if if it was Jesus in front of me. (Which it is: Jesus lives in that person's heart, so I try to see Jesus in front of me, not the person I dislike, and respond from that place)

Old 02-15-2008, 04:08 AM

932 posts, read 1,274,472 times
I try to treat others as I want to be treated. Which means if there is anything I can do to help someone, I will. Could I do more? Certainly, I think there is always room for improvement. But if you come to me and are hungry, I will gladly give you food, or if you need clothes, I will help there as well.

My best friend (whose husband is a pastor) is someone I greatly admire and respect, and she is a walking testament to the kind of wife/mother/friend/Christian I try to be. It was through her I was saved (although I don't really think she knows that). She is the epitome of Christianity and has helped me, when I needed it- and others when they have needed it. If there were more like her in the world, it would surely be a nicer place!

Love you kel! (even though I know she doesn't read boards! lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity