Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:34 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
The Church is God's chosen people! The Israel of today is not the Israel of the Bible. What happened in 1948 was an act of the U.N. and not a fulfillment of God's promises.

His promises to Israel are kept in the Church, the true Israel of God!

Preterist

You totally neglect Ezekiel 36-39.

Give it a read sometime (It's in the Bible).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 03:37 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Yes He does keep His promises. 1 Kings 8:23 "Hey prayed O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of Heaven or earth. You keep your promises and show unfailing love to all who obey you and are eager to do your will"
And Jesus will keep His promise to return, just as he said He would.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
SouperStar34: And will fire and smoke and brimstone come out of their mouths and with it will they kill a third of mankind? And do you really expect a 200 million-man army on HORSES?

Notice that Revelation 9:14 speaks of ANGELS being released, angels "who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year." It was they who were released "to kill a third of mankind." Notice also in chapter 9, verse 7 that the shape of the "locusts" was "LIKE horses prepared for battle. They had faces like men, hair like women, and teeth like lions' teeth! They had wings! This is all figurative language--imagery.

The "two hundred million" are actually "two myriads of myriads." This is all symbolic of a great number.

Myriad--"Amounting to a very large, INDEFINITE number. The Greek word is murias meaning "innumerable, a great number."

I am assuming that you are expecting EXACTLY 200 million and not one more or one less! That is not the meaning here!

You can breathe now.

Preterist
"God does not waste Words in meaningless symbolism. The prophecies of Christ first coming were all literal, and after the death of Christ on the cross one could see how such prophecies fit Christ first coming. The reason the Jews did not understand who Christ was , was because they did not look to His literal fulfillment. Unless you study the literal prophecies of God, His actions in the future will be a mystery to you."

-Campbell34

Old 06-22-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Yes, it "kind of reminds you of Jesus talking in [sic] Matthew 24 ay? But, guess what? He is not speaking to US? Have you noticed the YOUs in that passage? We are not the ye!

Jesus was speaking to those disciples standing right there with Him--THEY were to hear of wars and rumors of wars; THEY were to be killed and persecuted and hated; THEY were to see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet.

Yes, there are earthquakes today--but they are not THOSE earthquakes Jesus predicted in Matthew 24.
Yes, there are pestilences today--but they are not THOSE pestilences Jesus predicted in Matthew 24.
Yes, there are famines today--but they are not THOSE famines Jesus predicted in Matthew 24.

Let's refrain from "newspaper exegesis!"

To whom is Jesus directly speaking in Matthew 24, SouperStar?

Preterist

Who is he speaking too? He is talking to the disciples about the FUTURE.

A future that the disciples never saw, but today WE are seeing.

1) They never saw the anitchrist
2) They never say the Gospel get preached to the whole earth.
3) They never saw moon not give light and the sun turn blood red.
4) The never saw Christ come descend to earth (remember virgin birth)

Get your Bible school crap out here, read the Bible, and lean on God's understanding NOT a professor.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:00 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
The Church is God's chosen people! The Israel of today is not the Israel of the Bible. What happened in 1948 was an act of the U.N. and not a fulfillment of God's promises.

Preterist
This is one point that I agree with you on.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:03 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
"God does not waste Words in meaningless symbolism. The prophecies of Christ first coming were all literal, and after the death of Christ on the cross one could see how such prophecies fit Christ first coming. The reason the Jews did not understand who Christ was , was because they did not look to His literal fulfillment. Unless you study the literal prophecies of God, His actions in the future will be a mystery to you."

-Campbell34

Am I mistaken, or didn't you say the very same thing to me on another thread ?

Old 06-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Am I mistaken, or didn't you say the very same thing to me on another thread ?
I quoted Campbell34

Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times
Quote:

Preterist
The Jews have always been and will always be God's chosen people. The Church are Christ's sheep. Israel is the same Israel, the Jews are the same Jews, and what happened in 1948 is a Biblical prophecy being fulfilled in "OUR GENERATION". Thank God He's given me the knowledge and wisdom to know the Truth of His Word through the Holy Spirit and the good sense to keep my posts short so that those who are truly seeking the truth will actually want to read them.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,981 times
When you look at all that is happening in the world it does seem like things are falling into place for the end times but I'm relieved that only God knows the time and the place and it will come in His perfect timing. I think for most when Isreal became a nation again and that prophecy was fullfilled people started looking again at God's word and what the end time would be like.
On cloudy day when the rays of sun shine down I think, "right now Lord, I'm ready"
We should always be ready and continue to share God's truth and free salvation as if it was close to the end.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:31 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,468 times
I remember being a kid, at the Church Bible Study, and the Old man was preaching yet again on 'End Times'. I sat there thinking "Oh, yeah, like that is going to happen....." as he described One World Governemt, the Mark of the Beast on our foreheads. I just used to look at him, thinking "Why, is he going on about this stuff...?" Now, I remember what he used to preach and I see it coming true before my eyes. That Old Man is in heaven now - but his words from that Wednesday Bible Study stayed with me. Today, more than at any other time in history, THE STAGE IS set . Israel back in homeland. Check. Microchips available that could be implanted into a human being. Check. The possibility of a One World Government. Check. And so on........everything is in place like NEVER, EVER BEFORE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity