Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:02 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

This is again just my opinion, and as always, I don't expect anyone to embrace it..Each of us are a unique creation, given an ability to learn from birth due to genetics.. As we grow our ability to learn is influenced by our parents, teachers, environment and culture..Learning involves books, and education with facts that can be proven ( to ones satisfaction that it is truth)...Belief on the other hand(again, JMO) is a personal observation, based on personal experience, searches and meditation/prayer about something we may feel within ourselves but don't understand..It is a questioning that we try to find to no satisfaction from outside ourselves..We become exasperated because we can find no logical explanation from our higher education or from friends.. ..When I am truly deep in prayer/meditation I am not aware of any outside presence except myself and what I believe is the Holy Spirit of the creator..It took me years of struggle, and search to find that all my answers were inside me from birth...I am not ashamed about what other people may think about my belief in what may be a supernatural creator to them, but who is the center of my very being..

My beliefs are nourished by the bible and other books, and by many people on this forum, and rl..Mostly my beliefs are nourished by the inner peace I have..but cannot logically find a way to "give" it to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Someone who was (metaphor here, people) deaf and suddenly began to hear music wouldn't have a clue as to what they were hearing.
I don't think that the deaf person would ever say "Wow, this hearing thing is just too much. I don't get it. I want to be deaf again."

Do you?

I would think they would be amazed at the 'element' of life that had just been unlocked and so excited that they could finally hear that they would be enthralled by the desire to understand what it is they were hearing.

I doubt that the gift of being able to hear would illicit feelings of 'take me back to where I was'.

But that's just me, I guess I might be wrong in a literal sense.

In a spiritual sense though, I can tell you that I don't ever 'not' want to understand more. I'm so thankful my ears have been opened.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 03-08-2008 at 03:18 PM..

Old 03-08-2008, 09:20 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

to find that all my answers were inside me from birth...

"Bingo!" again!

The free fall just got a little gentler...

Thank you.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
In a spiritual sense though, I can tell you that I don't ever 'not' want to understand more. I'm so thankful my ears have been opened
Amen!

Blessings

Old 03-08-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

I don't think that the deaf person would ever say "Wow, this hearing thing is just too much. I don't get it. I want to be deaf again."

Do you?

In a word:

Nope.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:28 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I am about 90% deaf..The Holy Spirit is the only thing I hear loud and clear..
God bless us all..

Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

I doubt that the gift of being able to hear would illicit feelings of 'take me back to where I was'.

But that's just me, I guess I might be wrong in a literal sense.

Nope. Not wrong.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 AM

1Cor. 2:9-14

But as it is written:
"Eyes has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him"

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Holy Spirit knows completely the things of God and His intentions for humankind.
The Spirit is thus the effective channel through whom we may receive God's revelation. He (Holy Spirit) has revealed God by inspiring the Scripture and He continues to help us understand scripture truth.
Now at one time or another we have come with the spirit of the world which is the wisdom we learn intellectually through parents, education, culture etc. One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit it is to teach us the difference between worldly wisdom and God's wisdom through the scripture.

No one knows the hidden secrets of another person~ the things known only by that person. In like matter the things of God are known only by the Holy Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit reveals spiritual truth and gives the appropiate words to express that truth.
Now the natural man here, a person, (this includes anyone) who trusts in his or her own earthly wisdom and takes no account of God's help.
The natural man has neither the will nor the power to know true wisdom from God.
Spiritual discerned examines with the assistance of the Holy Spirit.

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 03-08-2008 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: add a word

Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post

1Cor. 2:9-14

Now this bears repeating:

"What no eye has seen and no ear has heard, what the mind of man cannot visualize...for the spirit explores the depths of everything...Is there anyone who knows the qualities of anyone except his own spirit, within him...

I had to talk to you as people still living by your natural inclinations, still infants...I fed you milk and not solid food, for you were not able to take it -- and even now, you are still not able to...

You already have everything."

Interesting...

Old 03-08-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Now this bears repeating:

"What no eye has seen and no ear has heard, what the mind of man cannot visualize...for the spirit explores the depths of everything...Is there anyone who knows the qualities of anyone except his own spirit, within him...

I had to talk to you as people still living by your natural inclinations, still infants...I fed you milk and not solid food, for you were not able to take it -- and even now, you are still not able to...

You already have everything."

Interesting...

Amen! The heart begins the journey (desire)! God's timing is perfect.
Beyond anything we could comprehend.
When one is weaned off the milk and introduced to the solid food it becomes a blessed and profound assurance all is well.
There are no words to explain it all....but the Holy Spirit will give that person the witness of God in his heart and then all love is perfected.
And then the spiritual eyes see He was there all the time.

Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity