Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times

Advertisements

yes yes.. everything will be ok. Those scientists are crazy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 01:18 PM

224 posts, read 414,549 times
For every scientist you find that says global warming is man made I can find at least 1 probably more that will say there is now way its man made.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:30 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post
For every scientist you find that says global warming is man made I can find at least 1 probably more that will say there is now way its man made.
I'll save you the time.

Go here.

Home - Global Warming Petition Project

Just a couple of interesting notes..

At one time that website had Michael Jackson and Geri Halliwell (from the Spice Girls) listed as top noted scientists who "object" to the idea of global warming.

Below is some more fun facts about the "Orgeon Petition"

Oregon Petition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like they had to do some shady things to get that list compiled..

But by all means.. take their word for it.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:19 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post
That doesn't really deny global warming though does it?

Old 01-09-2010, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,537 times
My question is who will lose profits if global warning initiatives are enacted? Exxon has fought CO2 emission controls for decades and funds billions to think tanks and scientists who help deny global warming. Exxon Mobile is the company getting richest as long they can prevent regulation.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
I think we are in a warming period, but I think it is pretty arrogant to think we have caused it and I don't think we can prevent it...I think its old mother earth just doing her thing. She has been going thru these cycles for millions of years.

Here is a site with a pretty good outline of these warm/cold periods.

Quote:
Climatologists have used various techniques and evidence to reconstruct a history of the Earth's past climate. From this data, they have found that during most of the Earth's history global temperatures were probably 8 to 15 degrees Celsius warmer than today. In the last billion years of climatic history, warmer conditions were broken by glacial periods starting at 925, 800, 680, 450, 330, and 2 million years before present.
7(x) Earth's Climatic History

Old 01-09-2010, 08:26 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,689 times
Default Is that the Gorical's research vehicle in this photo?

I agree that it's possible there's some global warming happening. But with the recent revelations about scientists emailing each other and conspiring to hide certain data that doesn't fit the Gorical's scenario, it seems more like political hot air to me.

But if there's really some global warming happening I very much doubt that it's due to human activity and I'm certain that giving American taxpayers' money by the billions to third world countries as some kind of 'punishment' for Americans breathing out carbon dioxide or however that scenario goes is not going to 'save' the planet from the alleged Copenhagen Crisis.
Attached Thumbnails
Why do fundamentalists deny global warming?-canadawinter.jpg  

Old 01-09-2010, 09:47 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Someone mentioned the speed of how the ice caps are melting, that that should cause some type of alarm. What about this:

We find archaeological discoveries of Woolly Mammoths with undigested food in its stomac or in other various conditions. A researcher wanted to know what it would take to freeze (essentially a elephant) to prevent internal decay. This researcher went to the only source he knew who could answer based on everyday experience....Tyson Foods.

The answer: to freeze an elephant so that
  1. internal rotting doesn't take place
  2. organs be intact
  3. food particles be found on the teeth
would take a minimum @ 450 degrees below zero .... within 15 minutes or else the internal body heat and acides would rot the tissue. Being that it is "Wooly" would probably take colder temps at a faster time....

Point is that what ever caused the ice age (if natural) historically nature can negate any global warming scenerio within seconds.

And if there is another "mini ice age" as being suggested by some climatologists, then we not ought to be driving anything other than SUV's.

Also, I read that a NAASA scientist once said that looking at the overall history of the earth, that it is very arrogant to think that earth's avg temp should be determined based on late earth history. There are too many other factors that have a greater and powerful effect on the earth and its orbit, ... like the previous super valcano eruptions or the multiple volcanic areas (now inactive) in the Southwestern US or the large metor impact in AZ.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-09-2010 at 10:12 AM..

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
Well with the temperatures being the way they are right now I don't see much evidence of "global" warming. Quite the opposite.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Well with the temperatures being the way they are right now I don't see much evidence of "global" warming. Quite the opposite.
Remember the ozone layer scare and how we bought into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity