Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 05:02 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Wrong. We are instructed to "come out of her, my people", and not associate
with the dogs, lest they steal our faith from us. You are deceived, and lost.
So that is why Christ searched out the "sinners" the marginalized and turned His back on the cultist of His day (aka Pharisees)

Cultists are BIGOTED and SPAWNS of SATAN...Jesus told me so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 05:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,643,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Jack Nicholson's line in the Few Good Men movie is "you can't handle the truth".

Other famous quotes being "the truth hurts", etc..

Not only we learn this in life, but the Scriptures validate this.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11New King James Version (NKJV)
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,

It's interesting that end time eschatology basically says God will allow Satan through "signs, lying wonders, and power" to deceive the masses that did not want to receive the truth of Salvation through Jesus Christ.

Natural man does not love the truth of the gospel. This is true throughout all of Scripture. Even the Israelites in the OT constantly wandered from God..

This is the entire idea behind Idolatry (something to replace God).

We can bet that whatever "strong delusion" there is will result in it overwhelming our natural feelings and natural senses.

We can bet that it will deny the central message of the gospel which is Salvation ONLY coming through the Person of Jesus Christ and His Sacrifice and Resurrection. It looks to include Universal Salvation and a concept that all religions are in the "brotherhood of Mankind" thus included in God's Kingdom. It looks to do this in the name of a "good cause". Uniting Humanity as One. Many Scriptures state that it will be done for the sake of "World Peace". Scriptures also state in multiple ways it will be a false peace..

Because with MANKIND running things, there will be greed, etc.. there will be wars.

It doesn't seem like it will really be all that deceptive as people will WANT TO BELIEVE THE LIE.

They will READILY ACCEPT the alternative which ultimately is a SNARE allowed by God.

Not good at all.

What's really sad is that all of this is known/shown far in advance and that it is a certainty that it will be ignored.

The truth does really hurt. The more you know, the more you wish you just remained ignorant.

But hopefully the end result is not being snared by some deception only to find out in the end you were living a lie.

God bless and hope you have a wonderful day.
yeah, there is no omni dude.
I have to vote trump ...
how can I have a good day.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:42 PM

18,524 posts, read 9,215,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
As time goes on, people prefer lies. This is true even in churches- they love prosperity preachers to tell them what they want to hear. Speak Gods truth on this forum, and you will get 90% negative feedback. All the naysayers are doing is proving God correct when He speaks in His Word of how people will act.
People respond poorly to having "fire and brimstone" preached in their faces. That shouldn't be surprising, and it's hardly proof that said "fire and brimstone" doctrines are "God's truth."

Old 05-26-2016, 06:17 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,122,799 times
I'll agree with that. I'll also add that most people don't respond well to conviction- no matter how it is brought about. Most would rather rationalize, minimize, and justify what they know is wrong because that's much easier than facing up to it and changing.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:29 AM

741 posts, read 446,420 times
Quote:
I'll agree with that. I'll also add that most people don't respond well to conviction- no matter how it is brought about. Most would rather rationalize, minimize, and justify what they know is wrong because that's much easier than facing up to it and changing.

Hebrews 12:11 - "True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but it is painful; yet afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

Folks get caught up in the first part of that scripture but then don't have faith in the second part, that the correction will benefit them. I too don't see threatening people as effective means to deter bad behavior. In fact it seems to threaten people hardly ever gets good results. To me it's a logical choice. Moses said it best, "See, I am putting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing if you obey the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you today, and the curse if you do not obey the commandments of Jehovah your God..." - Deuteronomy 11:26-28.

It's a simple matter of faith. If we do follow God's commandments we will have a blessing. Yet people talk themselves out of that blessing due to some justification of their wrong doing. Someone is behind them trying to convince them that the wrong doing is less painful than doing what is right. That is a lie. Those that think that doing something they know is wrong is a benefit are not long term thinkers. They only can see the short term gratification of the rebellious act and can't see the long term curses that come along with it.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:19 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
One would be extremely fortunate to have a spiritual hug from Pinnacle, and your nose (discerning of spirits) is messed up. He smells like the Rose of Sharon. Peace
Pinacle did not give me a hug. I gave a hug to Pinacle.

I consider every hug given and received to be an experience. In sight, smell, touch, and taste. My imagination is not "messed up", and your salutation of Peace is insincere.

Pinnacle's hug is like wet dog, and a big fluffy towel. I happen to like wet dogs and big fluffy towels.

Now your hug, Ribbi smells like the paper in an old book. The kind of paper that has darkened at the edges. Paper that breaks and disintegrates when handled.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:50 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,122,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post

Hebrews 12:11 - "True, no discipline seems for the present to be joyous, but it is painful; yet afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

Folks get caught up in the first part of that scripture but then don't have faith in the second part, that the correction will benefit them. I too don't see threatening people as effective means to deter bad behavior. In fact it seems to threaten people hardly ever gets good results. To me it's a logical choice. Moses said it best, "See, I am putting before you today a blessing and a curse: the blessing if you obey the commandments of Jehovah your God that I am commanding you today, and the curse if you do not obey the commandments of Jehovah your God..." - Deuteronomy 11:26-28.

It's a simple matter of faith. If we do follow God's commandments we will have a blessing. Yet people talk themselves out of that blessing due to some justification of their wrong doing. Someone is behind them trying to convince them that the wrong doing is less painful than doing what is right. That is a lie. Those that think that doing something they know is wrong is a benefit are not long term thinkers. They only can see the short term gratification of the rebellious act and can't see the long term curses that come along with it.
Your post demonstrates a lot of spiritual insight. God has taught me that His discipline works out for my best. It took me a long time to learn this, however. The more I resisted, the more painful it was. Now, hopefully I've learned to trust Him over circumstances, feelings, etc.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:27 AM

741 posts, read 446,420 times
Quote:
Your post demonstrates a lot of spiritual insight. God has taught me that His discipline works out for my best. It took me a long time to learn this, however. The more I resisted, the more painful it was. Now, hopefully I've learned to trust Him over circumstances, feelings, etc.
Amen! I too had the same previous path as you.

"Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, And do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, And he will make your paths straight. Do not become wise in your own eyes. Fear Jehovah and turn away from bad. It will be a healing to your body And refreshment for your bones." - Proverbs 3:5-8

So many misuse the above scripture but paired with your post you have shown exactly the meaning of the proverb.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
No one is necessarily disputing this, but the problem arises when SOME cultists make themselves JUDGE and JURY in saying who has and who has not ACCEPTED some version of the truth--generally the question is raised when others do not BELIEVE exactly like we do and since we must be right, and there must be ONLY one right way, because I have that way--therefore ALL others are heretics and and sinners heading for their just reward in eternal torment--and too many of the cultists REJOICE in that thought.

They stand around, thumping chest and acting all misogynistic and righteous claiming the gates indeed are narrow and only like minded cultists will be walking through those gates--And all the Pharisees screamed AMEN!

See one of the previous posts as exhibit A..
The jury has spoken. Who are these people you judge as 'cultists' for disagreeing with you?

Old 05-26-2016, 11:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,070,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Timothy316 View Post

A rep and a and an AMEN. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity