Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
AGAIN, I am not sitting here saying I am the least or the greatest, I am just pointing out the fact that there is a least and a greatest, and there are so many scriptures that prove this, I don't even know where to start.

1 Corinthians 3~ I am not saying anything that I made up, I am saying things we are told.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a REWARD. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire

The difference is whether or not you will be able to stand in the flames or not. If your work is burned up, you are still saved but you die, and then there are people who stand in the flames and do not die, their works are not burned.

Matthew 7 ~ Showing people who are saved but who are sent into the court of darkness because they were workers of lawlessness as Jesus states,'' Those who do not keep the law and teach others not to keep the law will be the least in the kingdom of heaven.''

A Tree and its Fruit
…22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

There are plenty of scriptures showing the fact that there is a least and a greatest in the kingdom, and this isn't by my invention and AGAIN, I do not make the claim that I am the greatest, only the fact that there are clear differences in people who are just saved, and people who receive reward.

Salvation is not reward.
Misinterpretation is a dangerous thing. Seems there was another guy who claims there are THREE heavens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 01:37 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Perhaps you should be asking yourself why you feel the need for such things. Could it be fear?

No it isn't!
It is in my tormented mind lol.

Jesus says he goes out to build mansions and I consider what this means but it is just speculation. I don't believe it is literal mansions but houses just as I am a house, a tent, a tabernacle.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Misinterpretation is a dangerous thing. Seems there was another guy who claims there are THREE heavens?

There are 3 sections of heaven.

Hebrews 8

Christ's Eternal Priesthood
1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

''MOSES was admonished of God when he was about to make the Tabernacle; SEE, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.''

Jesus became a priest in the kingdom of heaven which the Tabernacle pattern was made to show.

That design Moses was given had to be very exact because it is showing us exactly what the kingdom of heaven is in it's 3 sections.

The court of gentiles called the court of darkness.
The Holy place
The Holy of holies.

THESE ARE the 3 sections of the kingdom of heaven.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The only growth, as in self - development, is possible only on Earth, during physical existence, based on interactions with others. In the after the death states, nothing new can be learned. I know what the book says.

Let's revisit this conversation in the after the death state called "heaven". Thing is, as heaven is individual, happiness will be what one's understanding, conscious or sub, of happiness is. If your understanding is "place of growth" - it will be place of growth. As to each will be given according to his belief and faith.
Much of it is pure conjecture formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Or, that which lacks first-hand knowledge, until the day of your own death.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Amazing isn't it! So many people here who claim to know where this heaven is and what is and isn't going to happen there....and all off them disagree with each other. The place is full of people that have never been to 'heaven', explaining what it's like to people that will never go there.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:06 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There are 3 sections of heaven.

Hebrews 8

Christ's Eternal Priesthood
1Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

''MOSES was admonished of God when he was about to make the Tabernacle; SEE, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.''

Jesus became a priest in the kingdom of heaven which the Tabernacle pattern was made to show.

That design Moses was given had to be very exact because it is showing us exactly what the kingdom of heaven is in it's 3 sections.

The court of gentiles called the court of darkness.
The Holy place
The Holy of holies.

THESE ARE the 3 sections of the kingdom of heaven.
Theses were parts of the OLD TEMPLE that has been DESTROYED. There is no obvious or direct correlation between the temple and the heavens.

Jesus said there were MANY ROOMS (NOT 2) and that the thief would be with Jesus in PARADISE, not a specific SECTION..

Old 05-28-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Theses were parts of the OLD TEMPLE that has been DESTROYED. There is no obvious or direct correlation between the temple and the heavens.

Jesus said there were MANY ROOMS (NOT 2) and that the thief would be with Jesus in PARADISE, not a specific SECTION..

Hebrews 9:24
For Christ did not enter a man-made copy of the true sanctuary, but He entered heaven itself, now to appear on our behalf in the presence of God.

MAN MADE COPY

There are plenty of scripture showing believers as the Temple. There are plenty of scriptures showing why people are sent to the court of outer darkness. The court is called outer darkness because it is the light of this earth in comparison to the Menorah inside the Holy place.

Ezekiel
"As for you, son of man, describe the temple to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities; and let them measure the plan.

2 Corinthians
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling.

Mark 14:58
"We heard Him say, 'I will destroy this man-made temple, and in three days I will build another that is made without hands.'

Matthew 25~The outer court of darkness is the outer court of gentiles where the outer court is a man made duplicate of the real outer court in heaven.

Matthew 8:12
But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 22:13
Then the king told the servants, 'Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Luke 13:28
There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves are thrown out.

Measuring the temple is the counting of people where they stand, if you are standing in the outer court, then you are not counted amongst the children of Israel because the children of Israel are the only ones who are able to enter into the temple proper.

If you have become one of God's people by taking on his worship system in his Sabbaths and feasts, then God promises to give you a name better than sons and daughters, in fact, God will also bring you to the mountains of Israel to give you an inheritance in Israel BECAUSE you accepted his worship system in his Sabbaths and feasts and traditions.

But many people reject the worship system of God and while they maybe saved, they stand in the outer court because they chose to remain gentile.

Revelation 11~~~~I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers.

WE ARE THE TEMPLE, IT'S MEASURING IS THE COUNTING OF PEOPLE FOR YOM KIPPUR WHERE THE CHILDREN OF GOD ARE SEALED IN THEIR FOREHEAD EVERY YEAR.

PLENTY of Scriptures that prove the temple is a man made copy of what the kingdom of heaven is.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-28-2016 at 10:58 AM..

Old 05-28-2016, 10:30 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
I believe that was Paul. At any rate, he described Heaven as having three differing degrees of glory. He compared them to the sun, moon and stars.

And what about the biblical reference to "the third heaven"? How could there be a third heaven if there wasn't a first and second heaven? Please don't try telling me that the three heavens are our atmosphere, outer space, and the home of God. The Bible never refers to our atmosphere as heaven, and it's clearly not.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:09 AM

The Temple is a man made copy of the kingdom of heaven and Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven that every year your name is spoken on Rosh Hashanah and there is no other day in a year that God comes closer to you, he is literally looking at you intensely on Rosh Hashanah. Your name is spoken every year and the thrones are set in place every year and this is why we are told to come up boldly to the throne of grace, because it happens every year that your name is spoken, the books are brought out and your name is written in one of those books. If your name is written in the lamb's book of life, then you are sealed in your forehead and right hand because you accepted the ways of God and rejected the ways of the world.

Every year your name is spoken and Jesus is speaking in behalf of his children whether they will even live another year or not, and Christ went to officiate these things as a priest of heaven in the Tabernacle of heaven that the temple shadows.

Paul said that we have no fear of Christ coming upon us like a thief breaking into our houses in the middle of the night BECAUSE we knew the times and seasons. But that was then when Paul was teaching gentiles about the times and seasons of God and now the people do not know the times and seasons when Jesus is speaking your name and officiating for you every year.

The feast days are shadows of things to come, and knowing the appointed days of Christ is knowing the days he is going to visit you. On Rosh Hashanah this year, nobody has any excuse to claim that they didn't know God was coming so close to them.

If we are told and shown that God is making a decision on our head each year on Rosh Hashanah, shouldn't we be in prayer and expectation every year?

Jesus is doing everything in heaven that the priests did here on Earth on the appointed feast days, and he is officiating a true priesthood within the true Tabernacle.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:27 PM

11 posts, read 7,550 times
I didn't want to be born into the death realm, either, but nobody asked me if I wanted to. We have been subjected to futility not willingly, but by the one who will deliver us out of this mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity