Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 12:38 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times

Advertisements

Jesus explains that the Father loves the son. He understood that the son is the servant of God. He was not speaking of Himself. There would be no advantage to that. He also explained that the Father loves those who keep His commandments so then according to Him those who keep the commandments must be the son and servant of God. He said He was going back to the Father and those who do the works He did would be the son and that the Father would be glorified by them.

Here is the scripture to back it up.

John 5:19,20
"The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him and he will show him greater works than these so you will be amazed."

John 14:21
"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves shall be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

John 14:12
"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I shall do so the Father is glorified in the son."

So by these verses can you see that those who do the works of the servant of God become the son so as to glorify the Father?

Can you see I am the servant of God and son of man, God's son?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 01:01 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus explains that the Father loves the son.<snipped>
I see that it is important to you to believe that you have found the key to being God's son, so that you can believe that God loves you.

If God IS love, then God loves you PG. But if speaking and writing the words attributed to Jesus allows you to feel assured that you are loved and valued, then I won't begrudge you doing so.

Perhaps, because speaking Jesus' words gives you an assurance of being loved and valued, you are on this forum attempting to tell other people about it so they can experience that, too. You are trying to GIVE PEACE. I think that's lovely. Let me share another way: I hope that you also experience PRACTICING and GIVNG love in how you treat people (including yourself) and in the things you do for them in real life, because I believe that in doing so you will experience love in a way that gives you even more assurance.

Be well, PG.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:08 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I see that it is important to you to believe that you have found the key to being God's son, so that you can believe that God loves you.
If God IS love, then God loves you PG. But if speaking and writing the words attributed to Jesus allows you to feel assured that you are loved and valued, then I won't begrudge you doing so.
Perhaps, because speaking Jesus' words gives you an assurance of being loved and valued, you are on this forum attempting to tell other people about it so they can experience that, too. You are trying to GIVE PEACE. I think that's lovely. Let me share another way: I hope that you also experience PRACTICING and GIVNG love in how you treat people (including yourself) and in the things you do for them in real life, because I believe that in doing so you will experience love in a way that gives you even more assurance.
Be well, PG.
Ever the loving and insightful Pleroo!!!

Old 06-25-2016, 01:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ever the loving and insightful Pleroo!!!
I want to be like Pleroo when I grow up.

Old 06-25-2016, 01:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:

Be well, PG.
Thank you. Peace be with you and the word of the Lord shall be your guard.

I agree that the emotion of love is important to man. It is something most humans value and share with others on a daily basis. I as well, being human, do so on a daily basis but as Jesus stated God has those He loves and treats different than those He does not.

It is not something I persued at all. It is what was shown to me for doing the works of the son. Everyone who does the works of the son, the servant of God,is shown the same thing. Once it is accomplished there will be one religion, one house of God. Once all become the son the end will come. The end of sin, and the kingdom of heaven will be on earth because God's will shall then be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:07 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hard to tell the difference between you from where I sit, Dew.

Old 06-25-2016, 05:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Hard to tell the difference between you from where I sit, Dew.
Was gonna say. I think the same thing about you all the time, Dew!

Old 06-25-2016, 06:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Thank you. Peace be with you and the word of the Lord shall be your guard.

I agree that the emotion of love is important to man. It is something most humans value and share with others on a daily basis. I as well, being human, do so on a daily basis but as Jesus stated, God has those He loves and treats different, than those He does not.
And you were so close.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:45 AM

225 posts, read 112,514 times
Quote:

Be well, PG.
Great post, and I agree with you.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:47 AM

225 posts, read 112,514 times
Quote:
Jesus explains that the Father loves the son. He understood that the son is the servant of God. He was not speaking of Himself. There would be no advantage to that. He also explained that the Father loves those who keep His commandments so then according to Him those who keep the commandments must be the son and servant of God. He said He was going back to the Father and those who do the works He did would be the son and that the Father would be glorified by them.

Here is the scripture to back it up.

John 5:19,20
"The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him and he will show him greater works than these so you will be amazed."

John 14:21
"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves shall be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

John 14:12
"He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I shall do so the Father is glorified in the son."

So by these verses can you see that those who do the works of the servant of God become the son so as to glorify the Father?

Great post. I li e god and Jesus top. I Like their love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity