Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 11:36 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
True followers of Jesus do not question the Sovereignty of God. Regardless of His perfect reasons for placing opposing forces within one realm, God has given mankind free will. Some choose to follow Christ to the promise of salvation, others choose to chase after the gods of this world.

Romans 9:20 -

But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Self-contradictory.
Quote:
How so?
Your statement contains or expresses contradictory elements. However, the threat of
a good beating for talking back - should keep humanity on the straight and narrow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2016, 01:29 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,390,857 times
Quote:
Your statement contains or expresses contradictory elements. However, the threat of
a good beating for talking back - should keep humanity on the straight and narrow?
You're the only one who has mentioned anything about punishment by God for "talking back". Who knows but the Creator how He will deal with those in humanity who question His sovereignty.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Fine. So answer the question? Who put the lying spirit into the mouths of Ahab's prophets?
You've already been answered. The spirit that approached God was allowed into the mouths of the FALSE prophets chosen by Ahab. God did not use that spirit through His own prophets.

If Ahab would have listened to God's prophets instead of his own, he would not have been enticed into battle.

Last edited by First24; 06-19-2016 at 02:29 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You're the only one who has mentioned anything about punishment by God for "talking back."
Who knows but the Creator, how He will deal with those in humanity who question His sovereignty.
Eternal torment is beyond any kind of correction or punishment.
Or, did you forget what this thread was actually referencing?

Old 06-19-2016, 02:11 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,709,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
At one time in your life, you were a child and depended on adults for your well being. You put your faith in them even though you knew nothing about how to sustain yourself. You knew nothing as a child, yet you put faith in adults to feed you and keep you safe.

Your faith is as good as the peopel you put your faith in. You trust parents to love you, and they do (in most normal situations). For me, putting faith in God and Jesus Christ is more reliable than my parents, based on who He is.
You really didn't answer either of my question. Would you please revisit my post and do so?

Old 06-19-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Eternal torment is beyond any kind of correction or punishment.
Or, did you forget what this thread was actually referencing?
The comments of mine you initially referenced was my response to another poster.

I do take God at His Word, that there will be punishment for the haters of God. Who is man to tell the Creator what type of punishment is "beyond" anything.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
I do take God at His Word, that there will be punishment for the haters of God.
Who is man to tell the Creator what type of punishment is "beyond" anything.
Infinite punishment for a finite life is preposterous, utterly absurd or ridiculously daft.
And, it is
contrary to that of having common sense or the ability to reason, rationally.

What you follow is man's ideologies.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:39 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,709,039 times
Quote:
The comments of mine you initially referenced was my response to another poster.

I do take God at His Word, that there will be punishment for the haters of God. Who is man to tell the Creator what type of punishment is "beyond" anything.
The moral man. Infinite punishment for finite crimes (sins) is not only unjust but diabolical.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Infinite punishment for a finite life is preposterous, utterly absurd or ridiculously daft.
And, it is
contrary to that of having common sense or the ability to reason, rationally.

What you follow is man's ideologies.
I follow the Word of God.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,937,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus is not equal to Adam in what comes of His obedience to the cross. Nor is Jesus a lesser than Adam in what comes of His obedience to the cross. Jesus' obedience and what comes of it for all mankind is far superior to Adam's one act and what all mankind receive from that. (See Romans 5:18,19).

When all is said and done--you can take the words of Jesus to the bank---FEW will find the road to life( eternal)--this is exactly what his real teachers teach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity