Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:03 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We can do as we wish with animals. They don't have a soul, and they do not go to heaven. They are one aspect of God's creative abilities but possess no value as humans do and this idea of elevation and worship of animals as we see happening today is totally strange, and in some cases perverted slighting God's order.
I believe that animals are God's creatures too and are of value to Him. His tender mercies are over all of His works. I don't think that loving an animal and missing an animal is elevating an animal to the point of worship although some people may take it to the extreme

Quote:
His eye is on the sparrow.
Amen. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 08:14 PM

336 posts, read 844,668 times
He created everything for a purpose.We suffer when we loose a beloved pet friend; but ,the pain subsides when another comes into our lives, with all its love and personality..

Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Love the Caterpillar story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
...I'll you tell a something about God and Creatures, one time I was walking on a nice summer day and a caterpillar crawled in front of me and he had something unusual on his head. I thought caterpillars don't have antennas, so I picked him up and it was a pine needle stuck in his LITTLE head. I pulled it out and sat it down and off he went. Now you tell me God doesn't take care of the creatures!!
Hope it was a green Caterpillar with black stripes on its back. If it was, it was a likely a Monarch butterfly...

Did you know that Praying Mantis's are friendly??? (when they're young)

I had one once that waited for me to come out in my garden. It would fly upon my arm and visit... This actually happened for several days.

One day I went out and it was gone. I missed him...

Psalm 36:6

Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-16-2008 at 09:02 PM..

Old 02-16-2008, 09:22 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
I find it hard to believe that animals don't have souls, and have gotten mad at God for letting them die, as what's the point if they don't have souls anyway. Maybe it builds character, I don't know. I'm sure there is a plan. Very sad about your pet, but at least she lived her life, however short, in a loving family and not in a cage.
If animals had souls we couldnt eat them, and they would need the plan of salvation too

Old 02-16-2008, 09:51 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I had a sad and rewarding experience with a cat from the Humane Society. We lost our cat to a fox so I have been popping into our shelter to look for a new cat. I finally found one that was 10 weeks had all her vaccines and was spayed. She was so cute and really made an impression when I walked in that day.

I chose to take her home, we had noticed she was very small and not putting on weight. I have dealt with skinny animals, so I wasn't real concerned and she was playful and eating a lot. She loved it when I fed the dogs at night, she wanted some of their food, she was starting to lay with 2 of my Shepherds, they are both over 100 pounds it was a sight.

Last weekend she wasn't walking well and it seemed to be an effort for her to move. It was late in the day so I thought I'll just take her to the vet in the morning, by morning her eyes were so dilated and they were HUGE and she was swaying side to side as she walked.

The vet kept her for 2 hours and ran a blood test and it showed that her organs were not developing and her blood % was 17% she needed a transfusion. Instead of 8 lbs., she was 4 lbs. The vet said this is were we needed to start to even begin to precede and even after that she was half the weight and with her organs not developed right she probably wouldn't survive. She said it was a birth defect and nothing I did would help her to live.

I made the awful decision to put her to sleep. We only had her 3 months. I have had a lot of animals die, but she was different she really touched my heart and she was so young. Do you think God puts animals in or lives even if it's for a short while or was it just coincidence? Now if I can just get over the loss and move on. So glad there are tomorrows.
In the last 2 years my animals experiences have been challenging.

Im sorry you lost your cat, You gave her the best she needed. and i believe it is not overlooked either, we are judged in how we treat our creatures, its in proverbs but I couldnt find it for you

Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Proverbs 12:10

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal,
but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:27 AM

479 posts, read 1,142,172 times
Funny topic. Not sure how to make this out. In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon references the following(paraphrasing so please excuse if the quote isn't perfect)

"Who's to know if the spirit of animal ascends to heaven, and the spirit of man descends to the earth?"

That being said - anything is possible with God. So Maybe those Meerkats from Meerkat Manor will be there. That would be kind of cool. I wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Ed or that space chimp from the 1960's up there either...perhaps God will give Mr. Ed the ability to talk.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont like when i gota play god. i get pretty upset.
i like cats a lot.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:59 AM

479 posts, read 1,142,172 times
lol. Edit it's actually the other way around. It goes like "who's to know if the spirit of man ascends to heaven and the spirit of animal descends to the earth"...lol..my bad. That was a real bad one. Sorry Solomon..

Old 02-17-2008, 09:01 AM

932 posts, read 1,273,819 times
I think animals have a soul- but not the same kind of soul people do.

Do they go to heaven? well...seeing as the only way to heaven is to accept Christ as your savior and Lord, I would say no. BUt God does care for animals and number them, so perhaps their own 'animal' version of heaven?

or, maybe they just die. But while they are here, we love them, and they love us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity