Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:24 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The message of Christ is not in any of the above posts.
The message of Christ is here.

John 3:14-17 - "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

1 John 5:11-12 - And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit
No, DRob. What Christ DID to save us is in your post, but NOT His Gospel. His Gospel is all about agape love and our responsibility to produce as much of it as we can in this life, so we can die and "be made alive in the Spirit" as Christ was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit.

Not everyone who cries to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.

By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.

If you continue in my word you are truly my discple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Anyone who is not willing to follow after me is not worthy of me.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man."

Old 06-28-2016, 08:30 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The message of Christ is not in any of the above posts.

The message of Christ is here.

John 3:14-17 - "As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

1 John 5:11-12 - And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

1 Peter 3:18 - For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit
Because only the posts made by evangelical cultists have the message of Christ in them...

Old 06-28-2016, 08:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
It seems quite obvious, after reading the entire post again, that the poster is referring to the Christian God, the only God belief that refers to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Also the poster mentions that the other religions that believe differently from this gospel are lies and cheats. I don't know that its so much me fitting answers as much as the quite obvious stringent beliefs of the poster, though I could be wrong.
As you have also observed other religions teach about love and social responsibility also, so what you are doing here, once again is focussing on YOUR narrative and how you can make the answers you receive fit into it. You don't really want answers or you would read them with a little bit of comprehension rather than reaction.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As you have also observed other religions teach about love and social responsibility also, so what you are doing here, once again is focussing on YOUR narrative and how you can make the answers you receive fit into it. You don't really want answers or you would read them with a little bit of comprehension rather than reaction.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,732,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, DRob. What Christ DID to save us is in your post, but NOT His Gospel. His Gospel is all about agape love and our responsibility to produce as much of it as we can in this life, so we can die and "be made alive in the Spirit" as Christ was.
More watered down hippie Jesus. In order to believe your brand of Christianity, one must almost completely reject the Bible. Verses like this:

""The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" Mark 1:15. Jesus called us to REPENT.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
More watered down hippie Jesus. In order to believe your brand of Christianity, one must almost completely reject the Bible.
Not remotely true, jeff. You know I do not reject the Bible, I interpret it intelligently and have studied to show myself approved. You just blindly accept everything without testing the Spirit of any of it.
Quote:
Verses like this:
""The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" Mark 1:15. Jesus called us to REPENT.
Yes,jeff. Repent from ANY and all non-agape love. Love God and each other every day and repent if you don't That is the Good News. When you do that you become in harmony with Christ's perfect agape love for us all. His perfection (Grace) will cover our imperfections before God.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
The simple message of Christ:

Love one-another, everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:52 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
More watered down hippie Jesus. In order to believe your brand of Christianity, one must almost completely reject the Bible. Verses like this:

Why are only the verses you quote important? You and your kind always reject the 2 greatest commandments about loving God and your neighbor as yourself. I think most thinking people would put this at the top above anything else in the bible since the definition of "greatest" would make people think that.

So to sum up. Loving God and how you treat others is more important than anything else. Everything else is secondary.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:14 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Jesus said ``I am the way, the truth, and the life, No one come to the Father God except through Me`` John 14:6 ...............See many religions of the world took out the stone that their builders rejected is the cornerstone , Jesus Christ is the cornerstone ...Matthew 21:42...............where religions without Jesus Christ can still attract people with love and devotion , but will be dry of the Holy spirit and end up being a form of godliness but have no power from God...............Christians who have the new birth of His spirit and have convictions of sin will love God and their neighbor beyond the love of natural man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity