Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 02:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,483,394 times

Advertisements

I love this verse.
( For first timers here, or Catholics....that's a joke ...I was one... 'forsake' means abandon, forget, leave behind....)

What does it mean to you...because what it means to me is pretty much (LOL) everything.

I mean to tell ya..it means...'God, Lord, I need some help with
wanting to strangle my neighbor...could you help me out with this?"
or
"I would really like to feel your Divine Love ...could You please pour some into my heart?"

I have noticed that the version of 'never', esp in Greek , means never.

Um, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 02:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Reading Deuteronomy 31, it appears to mean that "The Lord" will help the Israelites conquer the Canaanites, unless of course they go up against chariots of iron which are a bit much even for Him.

Old 09-02-2016, 03:02 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,312,493 times
Then we try to explaining WAR and the killing of innocent children--diseases that take out millions--and other assorted atrocities and suddenly it appears that god has turn around and left the room?

Old 09-02-2016, 03:41 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
I rewrote that verse Miss H much to the annoyance of bible fundamentalists and knowing it would cause further rejection of myself by those from my own household, to read "i have never left you nor will i ever forsake you"

Old 09-02-2016, 04:01 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,851,941 times
Here's what that passage in referring to:

Joshua 1

5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:24 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times
Joshua/Yeshua....Peace

Old 09-03-2016, 04:38 PM

9,700 posts, read 10,067,141 times
For people who have been born anew in the spirit of Christ , and Jesus Spirit come on the believer , and is there night and day through out their lives and will never forsake them because of sin or even mental disruption , and these will endure to the end of their lives and then in the after life .............. But Jesus will leave if faith is rejected and people forsake Jesus spirit and blaspheme His spirit , and fall back into the world of the kingdom of darkness , but they could go back to Jesus before they pass on and Jesus will accept them again

Old 09-03-2016, 06:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,483,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then we try to explaining WAR and the killing of innocent children--
diseases that take out millions--and other assorted atrocities and
suddenly it appears that god has turn around and left the room?
Au contraire, He gave us the room.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:41 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,645,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I love this verse.
( For first timers here, or Catholics....that's a joke ...I was one... 'forsake' means abandon, forget, leave behind....)

What does it mean to you...because what it means to me is pretty much (LOL) everything.

I mean to tell ya..it means...'God, Lord, I need some help with
wanting to strangle my neighbor...could you help me out with this?"
or
"I would really like to feel your Divine Love ...could You please pour some into my heart?"

I have noticed that the version of 'never', esp in Greek , means never.

Um, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room here!
the standard model has a mechanism for a meaning.

This volume of The universe knows, at least, the sum total of human and all other storage and processor volumes. The volume is growing at some speed if light is truly the waves speed limit and we are the only spot 'alive". I doubt it, but we must start at the smallest volume we are sure of.

the universe can't "abandon" you nor can it leave "itself" behind.

Thats just sillyness.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:54 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,534,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I love this verse.
I think it's great;

even though,

the haters here do not care what you love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity