Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 07:16 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,315,152 times

Advertisements

I am an 85 year old semi-retired psychiatrist who generally had relatively good health. On Easter Sunday (3/27/16) I had a sudden passing out episode while in church.and was hospitalized. After an extended evaluation, a successful operation was done to implant a stent in my neck in the right carotid artery. This was followed a couple of days later by discharge. On 4./12, I was hospitalized again after another sudden fainting spell. That same nigh my wake-up call occurred, with me going unconscious and starting to vomit profusely due to rapid bleeding in my esophagus. A digestive surgeon was called to perform an emergency operation. He told my family after the surgery that I probably would not have survived if I had not been in the hospital when the rapid bleeding occurred in my esophagus.

After the wake-up call, I had some serious thoughts about my ability to stand justified before my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. . As a boy, I had believed in the he Baptist doctrine of Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS). I had comfort in the words of Jesus in John 10:[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

As an adult I began to doubt the OSAS doctrine, considering the words of our Master in Matt. 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. And in Matt .12:[43] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. [44] Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. [45] Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
I believe that when Jesus taught the parable of the five wise virgins and the five foolish virgins, He was implying that the five foolish ones were excluded from the great wedding supper because they did not have the Holy Spirit (oil) in their vessels. (See Luke 11:[11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him.
See Eph. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast – [But if we continue reading] [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God.hath before ordained that we should walk in them
See the words of Jesus in Luke 17: [[7] But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?[8] And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? [9] Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. [10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
We have no natural works of which we can boast. If we have the indwelling Holy Spirit and bring forth fruits of righteousness, we give the honor to our heavenly and His Spirit.
When I was still in medical school, I resigned from the Baptist church. For over forty-five years I have been a member of the non-denominational Shiloh Truelight of Christ in Mint Hill, NC.

See also Heb. 10: [36] For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise . also Matt. 7:21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus said in the Great Commission: Matt. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded them.
Jesus also said in John 14:15 "If ye love Me, keep my commandments.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 06-28-2016 at 08:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 07:26 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,426,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
I am an 85 year old semi-retired psychiatrist who generally had relatively good health. On Easter Sunday (3/27/16) I had a sudden passing out episode while in church.and was hospitalized. After an extended evaluation, a successful operation was done to implant a stent in my neck in the right carotid artery. This was followed a couple of days later followed a couple of days later by discharge.. On 4./12, I was hospitalized again after another sudden fainting spell.
That same nigh my wake-up call occurred, with me going unconscious and starting to vomit profusely due to rapid bleeding in my esophagus. A digestive surgeon was called to perform an emergency operation. He told my family after the surgery that I probably would not have survived if I had not been in the hospital when the rapid bleeding occurred in my esophagus.

After the wake-up call, I had some serious thoughts about my ability to stand justified before my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. . As a boy, I had believed in the he Baptist doctrine of Once Saved, Always Saved (OSAS). I had comfort in the words of Jesus in John 10:[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: [28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. [29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

As an adult I began to doubt the OSAS doctrine, considering the words of our Master in Matt. 10:[22] And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. And in Matt .12:[43] When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. [44] Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. [45] Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
I believe that when Jesus taught the parable of the five wise virgins and the five foolish virgins, He was implying that the five foolish ones were excluded from the great wedding supper because they did not have the Holy Spirit (oil) in their vessels. (See Luke 11:[11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him.
See Eph. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast – [But if we continue reading] [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God.hath before ordained that we should walk in them
See the words of Jesus in Luke 17: [[7] But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?[8] And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? [9] Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. [10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
We have no natural works of which we can boast. If we have the indwelling Holy Spirit and bring forth fruits of righteousness, we give the honor to our heavenly and His Spirit.
When I was still in medical school, I resigned from the Baptist church. For over forty-five years I have been a member of the non-denominational Shiloh Truelight of Christ in Mint Hill, NC.

See also Heb. 10: [36] For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise . also Matt. 7:21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Jesus said in the Great Commission: Matt. [19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded them.
Jesus also said in John 14:15 "If ye love Me, keep my commandments.
What is encompassed in doing God's will, keeping His commandments, etc?

What are they? Is it just believe in Jesus or is more involved? AND what is belief, is it just a mental exercise or does it involve more?

Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,050,844 times
The "I'm Saved" doctrine is nothing more than Satanic blasphemous filth because the people who believe in this doctrine believe that THEY have determined that they are going to Heaven, regardless of what God thinks and regardless of what sins these people commit.
"Because I am saved, I can now commit murder, rape, thievery, or any other sin that I wish to commit. I will STILL go to Heaven".

Old 06-28-2016, 10:15 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
If God is love as the bible says, Robert, then you can take comfort in knowing that you are in the hands of Love, in life and in death. All is well.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:16 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,150,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
The "I'm Saved" doctrine is nothing more than Satanic blasphemous filth because the people who believe in this doctrine believe that THEY have determined that they are going to Heaven, regardless of what God thinks and regardless of what sins these people commit.
"Because I am saved, I can now commit murder, rape, thievery, or any other sin that I wish to commit. I will STILL go to Heaven".
Do you really think a genuine believer goes aorund thinking they are going to heaven after murdering someone, if they were to die afterwards. No TRUE believer will think they get a free pass to sin after they are saved.

Old 06-28-2016, 10:35 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,443 times
I am glad you received that wake up call Robert, and that you cared enough to share it with others.

I pray the Lord will wake up others too, I'm affraid many are not saved that think they are. Turn to the Lord while there is time!

Old 06-28-2016, 10:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,255,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It is like having the "E" ticket back in the old days at Disney World...A FREE PASS to ANYTHING--NO LIMITS.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:00 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,611,129 times
You got a wake up call, at church, that the god you worship was calling you to paradise and you give the big middle finger and go to a hospital? Wtf?

Why are you afraid of bliss? The nonstop orgasm for humans.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:03 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,411,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
If God is love as the bible says, Robert, then you can take comfort in knowing that you are in the hands of Love, in life and in death. All is well.
Should have added: If God is love, then all is well for everyone, they just may not realize it yet.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:33 AM

23,206 posts, read 10,492,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
What is encompassed in doing God's will, keeping His commandments, etc?

What are they? Is it just believe in Jesus or is more involved? AND what is belief, is it just a mental exercise or does it involve more?

Jesus said that you can choose not to keep the commandments and then teach others not keep them and you would be the least in the kingdom of heaven.

The temple was built specifically to shadow what the kingdom of heaven is and there are 3 sections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity