Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 05:41 PM

481 posts, read 263,407 times

Advertisements

I find it interesting w hen people of different religions say, 'It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in Jesus....And not the JWs lol.

If you claim to believe in Jesus, you will believe that what he has said, in conjunction with the Holy Written word of his Heavenly Father, you will, naturally like to be Christ like.

Now, the Bible indicates that faithful mankind will take 1000 years to become perfect, as was Adam and Eve in the beginning. That will be perfect in thought, action and body.

One of the main things that will be immediately removed from mankind is the practice of idolatry and pagan practices and rites, and yet Christendom have inculcated these very same rites into what they call Christianity. Wouldn't it be better to clean up the act now, and please Jehovah.

The subtlety of Satan is such that he makes his paganism fun, supposedly enjoyable, although some of the big family arguments and refueled family hate I have seen at Xmas parties, doesn't seem to be much fun. However there are other things that many say, "It doesn't matter".

Years ago I used to be able to bend two length of wire and find copper earth cable underground, a good trick and one I didn't think much about, but what if it is called Divination, a different matter. The water diviners are in the same category of Divination, and is a sin in Christ like behavior.

Veneration of the cross, it is worn as trinkets around the neck, people bless themselves in a sign of the cross and its origin is steeped in ancient pagan ritual. Wouldn't you want to get rid of that habit as well?

What I am saying, and it is impossible to achieve in these wicked times with our inherited sin, is perfect is perfect, anything else is imperfect...there are no bits of perfect, no pretend perfect, no thought that will excuse imperfect, and if one is really trying to be Christ like, they will always aim for perfect, even if they do miss at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2016, 05:44 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,983,567 times
Paganism is not the same as Satanism.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post

Veneration of the cross, it is worn as trinkets around the neck, people bless themselves in a sign of the cross and its origin is steeped in ancient pagan ritual. Wouldn't you want to get rid of that habit as well?
No. I'm not a obsessed, anti-Catholic JW.

Old 08-31-2016, 07:33 PM

481 posts, read 263,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby snacks View Post
paganism is not the same as satanism.

and?

Old 08-31-2016, 08:57 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Default Keep yourself free from idols....

The utterly blinkered ignorance and superstitious nonsense that are spread by the benighted JW's is truly depressing besides being anti-Christ.

Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,219,714 times
Quote:
I find it interesting w hen people of different religions say, 'It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in Jesus....And not the JWs lol.

If you claim to believe in Jesus, you will believe that what he has said, in conjunction with the Holy Written word of his Heavenly Father, you will, naturally like to be Christ like.

Now, the Bible indicates that faithful mankind will take 1000 years to become perfect, as was Adam and Eve in the beginning. That will be perfect in thought, action and body.

One of the main things that will be immediately removed from mankind is the practice of idolatry and pagan practices and rites, and yet Christendom have inculcated these very same rites into what they call Christianity. Wouldn't it be better to clean up the act now, and please Jehovah.

The subtlety of Satan is such that he makes his paganism fun, supposedly enjoyable, although some of the big family arguments and refueled family hate I have seen at Xmas parties, doesn't seem to be much fun. However there are other things that many say, "It doesn't matter".

Years ago I used to be able to bend two length of wire and find copper earth cable underground, a good trick and one I didn't think much about, but what if it is called Divination, a different matter. The water diviners are in the same category of Divination, and is a sin in Christ like behavior.

What I am saying, and it is impossible to achieve in these wicked times with our inherited sin, is perfect is perfect, anything else is imperfect...there are no bits of perfect, no pretend perfect, no thought that will excuse imperfect, and if one is really trying to be Christ like, they will always aim for perfect, even if they do miss at times.
A fine demonstration of the ability to string words together without thought or meaning.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,302 times
"The son can do nothing on his own. He can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him."

"If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

"No one has gone up to heaven except the one who came down from heaven, the son of man."

You can become the son, the servant of God. What does the son do that the Father does? He spreads the word of God.

"Whoever is of the truth hears my voice."

Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
The subtlety of Satan is such that he makes his paganism fun, supposedly enjoyable, although some of the big family arguments and refueled family hate I have seen at Xmas parties, doesn't seem to be much fun.
The beast nature within men, insists upon having its own way.

Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. Thus, the principalities and powers of unholy messengers, inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface, yet is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,883,507 times
Christianity is a perfect example of the kind of idolatry the Bible warns about.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:19 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A fine demonstration of the ability to string words together without thought or meaning.

at least she can string them together

ps
I mean me ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity