Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 07:05 PM

661 posts, read 523,589 times

Advertisements

I really don't want to die soon, I am too young to die in my Earthly life. Why can't disaster and doomsday happen when I'm already old and dead. Why would God will all the poor people's Earthly lives to be destroyed? I keep hearing rumors about places like NK and nuclear war in my lifetime, I am really scared. I was never able to talk or pray to God in a long time?

I wish I didn't have to die so young as a virgin. It was my biggest fear, dying alone without a partner.

I am not going to make peace by worshiping a God who wants to take the Earthly pleasures away from me, I will NOT do it.

I don't think people are convinced about me.
:<
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 07:15 PM

33,349 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
I really don't want to die soon, I am too young to die in my Earthly life. Why can't disaster and doomsday happen when I'm already old and dead. Why would God will all the poor people's Earthly lives to be destroyed? I keep hearing rumors about places like NK and nuclear war in my lifetime, I am really scared. I was never able to talk or pray to God in a long time?

I wish I didn't have to die so young as a virgin. It was my biggest fear, dying alone without a partner.

I am not going to make peace by worshiping a God who wants to take the Earthly pleasures away from me, I will NOT do it.

I don't think people are convinced about me.
:<
Relax. The world isn't going to end anytime soon. God isn't planning to destroy the world just to keep you from having pleasures in your life. As hard as it may be for you to understand, it really isn't all about you.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:46 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,282,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Relax. The world isn't going to end anytime soon. God isn't planning to destroy the world just to keep you from having pleasures in your life. As hard as it may be for you to understand, it really isn't all about you.
But it really is. It is about EACH INDIVIDUAL and how we relate to each other that ultimately defines our relationship with (whatever name one uses, it is the SAME concept) God

Old 09-02-2016, 07:54 PM

33,349 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But it really is. It is about EACH INDIVIDUAL and how we relate to each other that ultimately defines our relationship with (whatever name one uses, it is the SAME concept) God
You seem not to understand what the OP is complaining about. He's convinced that God wants to keep him from having any pleasures in life, and he wants 'doomsday' to wait until he's old and dead.

Again, it is not all about him.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,176,216 times
IMO, your being dramatic. Whether or not there is a doomsday and when it will happen is not determined based on anyone's timeframe. Just live your life and plan as if you will die at 100. The last thing my grandkids needs is to support a bunch of doomsdayers that did not plan for retirement.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Why is God such a killjoy?

If you are only twenty-five or so, you have plenty of time to enjoy life.
But remember, it's what you make it, and how you take it that counts.

Old 09-03-2016, 03:07 AM

9,698 posts, read 10,052,034 times
God does not kill people like the world may say , or an act of God the life insurance policy may say ............See Christians who have been born again in the spirit of Christ has the spiritual authority to receive all their days in the earth , were if they command this authority to God through out their lives in expectation they will receive this blessing ......But people will have to listen to God through the lead in the spirit, as pit falls in health can happen , and God will lead people over the pit falls and into victory ...............As far a nuclear bombs , Jesus has a plan for life and salvation in the earth , and God will stop this threat to happen for His plan in the earth ...

Old 09-03-2016, 03:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,886,530 times
Quote:
I wish I didn't have to die so young as a virgin.
Well, if Moderator cut: ... I can be of assistance...let me know.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-03-2016 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Edited for the ultra-sensitive.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,957,066 times
Quote:

You sound pretty arrogant.

Old 09-03-2016, 02:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,451,467 times
Quote:
Why would God will all the poor
people's Earthly lives to be destroyed?
That's kinda funny to me ...because of the different takes or perspectives one can have.

Another guy might say, 'This place is not all it's cracked up to be...take me now to
The Other Side, aka Home or Heaven, where it's SO great! You can fly around,
think something and manifest it...
Get me outta this dense 3rd dimension..."

Are you asking why God has placed death into the creation scenario, period
(which is a much more interesting question)...
or just doomsday and dying too young?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity