Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:23 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,802,200 times

Advertisements

David Wilkerson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,650,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
David Wilkerson

Amen!!! Love his testimony. So has a heart for the Lord Jesus! His life shows it.

Blessings

Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,104,807 times
Billy Graham re-runs.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:32 AM

76 posts, read 186,664 times
Fanny Crosby who was a blind hymn writer said it best in one her her most beloved hymns: "I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name" "On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand".
What she is telling us here is that no matter how spiritual we may think one is, we should not put our trust in that person. We are to trust only in Christ.
For a lot of people, the only "religiosity" they get is from 20 minutes of watching a TV ministry, and then they are on their merry way.
People are quick to say, "he/she, really tells it like it is", really?? how would you know if you are not studying the Word of God for yourself? What are you comparing that sermon to? Does it line up to solid Biblical teaching and doctrine?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:47 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,078,902 times
Avoid Joel Osteen at every cost! He's one of the biggest deceivers (if not THE biggest) on television. If you want to see why Osteen is a deceiver, just go to YouTube and type his name into the search engine. You'll get an ear/eyeful. (Pay special attention to the videos posted by "LaneCh".)

The Emergent Church and the Word of Faith folks are also to be avoided at all costs!

I agree with those who said to not watch any of them. There are 99 deceivers for every 1 truth teacher.... IF that!

With that said, these bible teachers have the same Bible that you have. God does not play favorites and desires to speak to each and every one of us. We can seek Him for ourselves and that's what He wants!

We are all responsible for walking out our own salvation. When judgment day comes, we'll have to answer for our own decisions, choices, actions, attitudes, motives and thoughts. We won't be able to say, "But, Joyce Meyer is the one who said...." Sorry. As wrong as Joyce's doctrine is, she will have to answer for herself, but WE will have to answer for OURSELVES.

If you want SOUND Bible teaching, then run away from this "American Christianity" that's become so popular in the last 50 years. We've wandered away from the old paths. We've become so lazy that we want to be spoon-fed and rely on watching tv "preachers" and listening to tapes and cd's and put spend more time seeking the Lord for yourselves in His Word and in prayer. We cannot coat-tail on other people's faith and expect to know God or have a relationship with Him. Exert some effort and READ for yourselves.

If you want to know who some great Bible teachers of truth are, look to the past at folks like Charles Spurgeon and D.L. Moody. You'll especially love Leonard Ravenhill! He's quite recent and past away not terribly long ago.

If you really want to listen to absolutely amazing, TRUTH, go to the website SermonIndex.net audio sermons and go their audio sermons for audio and video sermons by Bible teachers that will expose those on tv today (teaching unbiblical seeker-sensitive messages) for what they really are.

Teachers of note are:

David Wilkerson
Paul Washer
RC Sproul
John MacArthur
Art Katz
Keith Daniel
Carter Conlon
Zac Poonen

Another amazing website with video and audio sermons are at SermonAudio.com - faith cometh by hearing

Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,512,063 times
Charles Stanley and Harold Salem of the Christian Worship Hour

are 2 folks I recomend

I also recomend Ed Hindson and Jeffrey Seif

several folks I advise to avoid:

Larry Huch and Paula White (see)
YouTube - Paula White's Heretical Lies

Joel Osteen (see)
YouTube - Joel Osteen Biffs It On Mormonism

Old 04-01-2008, 01:51 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,650,281 times
Wow-wee! It is amazing how the appeasing personality comes in and begins to compromise the truth!!

Yes, he is right that we don't know the heart....of another person, but by their fruit Jesus says we will know them. But when a christian begins compromising the word and turning it to benefit the hearers, who is he serving?

Sin will deceive the heart of the truth.

2Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

False teaching increases because people want to hear what pleases them rather than what is true. With itching ears people are curious to hear anything new and sensational, they run from one teacher to another. Accepting as truth whatever is said~ or printed~ leads only to following fables.

I am glad I saw this..... I don't watch much tv. Especially the ministry ones. Just because of so much false teaching these days. It breaks my heart. Especially when one who started out with the purity to teach the gospel and then something changed in their ways like compromising and led them down a road that is not of the scripture and blinds their own heart.

Blessings

Old 04-01-2008, 05:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,416,888 times
Pastor Mark Jeske is probably the most accurate (theologically). He can be seen via pod cast & online, not sure what time can be seen via TV
Time of Grace

Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 PM

270 posts, read 525,475 times
I don't watch any minister on TV. I don't know if they are doing it for there own interest or if they really care about the people they minister to. If they have to do it on TV to feel popular I don't really want to watch them. Who knows what God thinks of them. As for those that go out and slap someone on the head and heal them I think it is a sham. I have a friend that was not even sick and told the minister he was (yes he lied) and the minister was saying how God was telling him he knew his pain and how much suffering he was going through and he then put his hand on his head and told him he was healed. Well he was cause he wasn't sick in the first place. There are others that have been told they are healed and come to find out that there afflictions became worse. I know not all are into healing and whatnot but I don't trush any of them.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:20 PM

7 posts, read 14,240 times
I enjoy Keith Moore. God Bless Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity