Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 05:07 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,490,271 times

Advertisements

In doing research on this candidate of sainthood...I'm deeply discouraged. She shuffled donations meant for the dying...and believed that "their suffering" should run its course. Basically let em rot.
While the media played her up...the reality is...she was more a sinner then a saint....

Sorry for this tidbit of info. I couldn't get a link to work from my iPad. Please share though what your opinion is of this recent holy ceremony to transpire .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 05:28 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
sometimes the IMAGE is more important than reality...

Old 09-03-2016, 05:28 PM

425 posts, read 277,029 times
-
As a Christian missionary, abroad representing Christ, Rome's poster child, Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (a.k.a. Mother Teresa) is not only an interesting case history; but also a terrible disappointment. It turns out Teresa was a remarkable actor. Her public image bore no resemblance whatsoever to the secret life of her inner being.

Below are some quotes taken from her own private letters; and excerpts of her statements from other sources. You be the judge: role model or role player, believer or make-believer?

"Only pray that I keep up this joy exteriorly. I deceive people with this weapon-- even my Sisters."

"When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul. How painful is this unknown pain-- I have no faith."

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"Now Father-- since 49 or 50 this terrible sense of loss-- this untold darkness-- this loneliness, this continual longing for God-- which gives me pain deep down in my heart-- Darkness is such that I really do not see neither with my mind nor with my reason-- the place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me-- when the pain of longing is so great-- I just long & long for God-- and then it is that I feel-- He does not want me-- He is not there-- God does not want me-- Sometimes-- I just hear my own heart cry out-- "My God" and nothing else comes-- the torture and pain I can't explain"

"My smile is a great cloak that hides a multitude of pains."

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not really exist."

"If there be God . . please forgive me."

"Of course I convert. I convert you to be a better Hindu or a better Muslim or a better Protestant. Once you've found God, it's up to you to decide how to worship him" (Mother Teresa Touched Other Faiths, Associated Press, 9/7/97).

"We never try to convert those who receive [aid from Missionaries of Charity] to Christianity but in our work we bear witness to the love of God's presence and if Catholics, Protestants, Buddhists, or agnostics become for this better men-- simply better --we will be satisfied. It matters to the individual what church he belongs to. If that individual thinks and believes that this is the only way to God for her or him, this is the way God comes into their life-- his life. If he does not know any other way and if he has no doubt so that he does not need to search then this is his way to salvation."

The April 7-13, 1990, issue of Radio Times tells the story of Mother Teresa sheltering an old Hindu priest. "She nursed him with her own hands and helped him to die reconciled with his own gods."

FYI: Christian missionaries are not supposed to be helping pagans die reconciled to their own gods. They're supposed to be helping pagans die reconciled to the one true God by means of Christ's crucifixion (John 3:14 18). Nor are they supposed to be converting pagans to become better Hindus or better Muslims. They're supposed to be converting pagans to become better Christians. (Matt 28:18-20)

/

Old 09-03-2016, 05:42 PM

481 posts, read 263,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
In doing research on this candidate of sainthood...I'm deeply discouraged. She shuffled donations meant for the dying...and believed that "their suffering" should run its course. Basically let em rot.
While the media played her up...the reality is...she was more a sinner then a saint....

Sorry for this tidbit of info. I couldn't get a link to work from my iPad. Please share though what your opinion is of this recent holy ceremony to transpire .
There is always the wonderful things!!!!! The Foundation was able to launder millions of dollars for the Maria, who used this avenue to buy themselves out of Purgatory. I wonder if that was tax deductible?

I had a bit of a look on the net about the Teresa of Calcutta show, but naturally there is no price list for tickets. But, thee are many Vatican Travel Agents that will organize almost nothing for you at a price.

All other fun venues will be open, but because of the large numbers, large prices will be charged to accommodate those that wish to walk again, talk again, cure their bad habits, and believe me, the Nuns have bad habits sometimes, I mean, Black, so ordinary.

The plaster of Paris Icon is already in production and will be on sale, at a very reasonable price of two buckets of gold coins, to sit with the other icons in churches and places where one can spend more money to support the Cash Strapped Vatican.

I am not against Catholics, it is similar to Moderator cut: off topic comments removed .

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-03-2016 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: This thread is about Mother Teresa

Old 09-03-2016, 06:03 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post

I am not against Catholics, ...........snip
You may not be against Catholics but your anti-Catholic agenda is quite blatant and you fool no one. Is that in the Jehovah Witness Handbook? Is the plan to tell everyone how bad Catholicism is in hopes people will think awful things about the Catholic Church and become JW's instead? I can't imagine anyone would fall for that.

I'll bet you were happy as a pig in slop to see a Mother Teresa thread so you could trash her Church.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-03-2016 at 06:41 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 07:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Christ is a perfect example.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:00 PM

481 posts, read 263,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You may not be against Catholics but your anti-Catholic agenda is quite blatant and you fool no one. Is that in the Jehovah Witness Handbook? Is the plan to tell everyone how bad Catholicism is in hopes people will think awful things about the Catholic Church and become JW's instead? I can't imagine anyone would fall for that.

I'll bet you were happy as a pig in slop to see a Mother Teresa thread so you could trash her Church.
Actually, it makes me quite sad to see people so sucked into religions that do not practice Christian principles. I believe in the Bible, I am not a "fundie," as I know that many of the words of prophecy are symbolic.

I am sorry for those that are really trying to be Christ-like and have no clear direction form their clergy on how to do such a thing.

What the clergy say about their role:

“Here’s how I’m handling my job on Sunday mornings: I see it as play acting. I kind of see myself as taking on a role of a believer in a worship service, and performing. Because I know what to say. I know how to pray publicly. I can lead singing. I love singing. I don’t believe what I’m saying anymore in some of these songs. But I see it as taking on the role and performing. Maybe that’s what it takes for me to get myself through this, but that’s what I’m doing.”

Here’s what another pastor said:
He is planning to leave the ministry as soon he finds another way to support his family. He would leave sooner, if he had enough money to pay off his debts.
“If somebody said, ‘Here’s $200,000,’ I’d be turning my notice in this week, saying, ‘A month from now is my last Sunday.’ Because then I can pay off everything.”
In the meantime, he is quietly pursuing another career. His wife is aware of his plan to switch careers, but he hasn’t told her yet of his reason for the change. He thinks she will be both upset and supportive of whatever he wants to do. Mutual support has been the pattern in their marriage.

Don't you find that sad, and a bit hypocritical fro someone to only "play-act" is faith. I do.

Old 09-03-2016, 08:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Posting quotes from unnamed pastors from an unknown religion(s) isn't exactly helping you plead your case.

p.s. That post has nothing to do with Mother Teresa. Her canonization will bring great joy to the people who loved her. If it is something that makes you unhappy...I guess you'll just be unhappy since the Catholics aren't obligated to get approval from the Watch Tower Society.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-03-2016 at 08:17 PM..

Old 09-03-2016, 08:53 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I'm sure you're going to say that next time a certain someone posts his daily bad deeds done b Christians.....right?

Old 09-03-2016, 09:09 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
There is always the wonderful things!!!!! The Foundation was able to launder millions of dollars for the Maria, who used this avenue to buy themselves out of Purgatory. I wonder if that was tax deductible?
I had a bit of a look on the net about the Teresa of Calcutta show, but naturally there is no price list for tickets. But, thee are many Vatican Travel Agents that will organize almost nothing for you at a price.
All other fun venues will be open, but because of the large numbers, large prices will be charged to accommodate those that wish to walk again, talk again, cure their bad habits, and believe me, the Nuns have bad habits sometimes, I mean, Black, so ordinary.
The plaster of Paris Icon is already in production and will be on sale, at a very reasonable price of two buckets of gold coins, to sit with the other icons in churches and places where one can spend more money to support the Cash Strapped Vatican.
I am not against Catholics, it is similar to Moderator cut: off topic comments removed .
IF there is anything of Christ in this screed, it is unrecognizable!! You seem to be a very unhappy and mean-spirited person. How can you claim to follow or want to follow Christ and have such a non-Christ-like attitude????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity