Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 03:12 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,790,675 times

Advertisements

Jeremiah 22:15,16

Must you prove your rank among kings by competing with them in cedar? Did not your father eat and drink? He did what was right and just, and it went well with him. Because he dispensed justice to the weak and the poor, it went well with him. Is this not to know me? says the Lord

This verse shows that to dispense justice is to eat and drink. Doing this makes things go well and gives the doer the right to know God. It agrees with Jesus when He said that those who keep His commandments would be loved and He would reveal Himself, the truth, the word of God to them.

Do you know God because you eat and drink?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 03:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,944,143 times
add the verse before for context:15“Does it make you a king
to have more and more cedar?
Did not your father have food and drink?
He did what was right and just,
so all went well with him.
16He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?”

The "food and drink" merely indicates that the prior king had all that was necessary and didn't worry about showboating with cedar and gold. THEN it talks about why he was a good ruler, a righteious king, and the fruit of his knowing God was to do justice and care about ALL of his people. Learn.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:50 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,461,934 times
I am getting the Bourbon out right now! Cheers!

Old 09-11-2016, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
and so all went well.

The "food and drink" merely indicates that the prior king had all that was necessary and didn't worry about showboating with cedar and gold. THEN it talks about why he was a good ruler, a righteious king, and the fruit of his knowing God was to do justice and care about ALL of his people. Learn.
No. It is not food and drink. It is eating and drinking as Jesus said that the son of man came eating and drinking. Describing the servant of God who does what is right and just.

Learn the meaning of knowing God and do what is right and just.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No. It is not food and drink. It is eating and drinking as Jesus said that the son of man came eating and drinking. Describing the servant of God who does what is right and just.

Learn the meaning of knowing God and do what is right and just.
The "son of man" reference is to the following passage from Matthew 11: 18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’ and it refers to the fact that John did not feast, and perhaps fasted more than was comfortable for critics, but Jesus feasted and ate with many different people but the same critics that dissed John dissed Him. It has nothing to do with doing what is right but that subject is also covered as the really importaant aspect of His ministry and of our lives. Learn simple exegesis.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:52 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
I am getting the Bourbon out right now! Cheers!
Bet you've never tried Bourbon biscuits with a nice cup of Rosy Lee

Old 09-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
The "son of man" reference is to the following passage from Matthew 11: 18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at this glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and of sinners!’ and it refers to the fact that John did not feast, and perhaps fasted more than was comfortable for critics, but Jesus feasted and ate with many different people but the same critics that dissed John dissed Him. It has nothing to do with doing what is right but that subject is also covered as the really importaant aspect of His ministry and of our lives. Learn simple exegesis.
Your not seeing the hidden because you walk in the dark and refuse to come to the light.

Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will remain over you.

"Once you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light."

As the Lord says; "My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty. "

Thus the saying eating and drinking. Serve the Lord and eat and drink O son of man.

If you do not come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

The son of man comes eating and drinking and you fail to accept me but let someone come in his own name and him you will accept. How can you be saved when you fail to eat and drink and do not seek the praise of the only God.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:57 PM

Have you been taking lessons from Rbbi?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:48 PM

619 posts, read 312,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Your not seeing the hidden because you walk in the dark and refuse to come to the light.

Walk in the light while you have it or darkness will remain over you.

"Once you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light."

As the Lord says; "My servants shall eat but you shall go hungry. My servants shall drink but you shall go thirsty. "

Thus the saying eating and drinking. Serve the Lord and eat and drink O son of man.

If you do not come to believe I am he you will surely die in your sin.

The son of man comes eating and drinking and you fail to accept me but let someone come in his own name and him you will accept. How can you be saved when you fail to eat and drink and do not seek the praise of the only God.
Portion of a song:

"For if you do not believe that I am _ _ _ _ _ , you will die in your sins."

They immediately understood that he did not complete the phrase, and so they said, "You are who?"

Next verse:

I am _ _ , I am _ _ _ _ _ , in the mountain of YHWH it shall be seen.

Next verse:

Amen, amen I say unto you, before Abraham is done, I am _ _ , _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (in the mountain of YHWH it shall be seen).

The song includes Matthew 5:1-16, (for all the little rams, lambs, and arnia).

Old 09-11-2016, 08:58 PM

63,939 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
and so all went well.

The "food and drink" merely indicates that the prior king had all that was necessary and didn't worry about showboating with cedar and gold. THEN it talks about why he was a good ruler, a righteous king, and the fruit of his knowing God was to do justice and care about ALL of his people. Learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity