Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 10:00 AM

399 posts, read 686,053 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any bible scripture about being misjudged? Is defending your family against someone who has been misinformed considered self-righteous?

I am trying to find a good bible verse to keep at heart when I feel misjudged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:16 PM

33,305 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeach View Post
Can anyone give me any bible scripture about being misjudged? Is defending your family against someone who has been misinformed considered self-righteous?
No. Not necessarily. It's not self righteous in and of itself. You have a right to set the record straight. Many accusations were made against the apostle Paul, and he defended himself against those accusations. Read this article which addresses that.

Personal Charges Against Paul

Quote:
I am trying to find a good bible verse to keep at heart when I feel misjudged.
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11] "Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Last edited by Michael Way; 02-03-2014 at 12:36 PM..

Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 PM

399 posts, read 686,053 times
And how about a verse that addresses those who judge or accuse others (wrongly-for they did not witness)??
A therapist of mine spoke of using God's word as a shield.
Thanks for your help.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:16 PM

33,305 posts, read 26,506,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepeach View Post
And how about a verse that addresses those who judge or accuse others (wrongly-for they did not witness)??
A therapist of mine spoke of using God's word as a shield.
Thanks for your help.
You're welcome.

I don't know off hand concerning something that wasn't personally witnessed, but,

Matthew 7:2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4] "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5] "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Old 02-03-2014, 04:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 10,032,275 times
Exodus 20 : 16.... God said ``You will Not bear false witness against your neighbor ``........... So when Jesus came and changed the understanding of God they made Four Gospels in the New Testament instead on One Gospel to prove Jesus truth because of this commandment

Old 10-13-2016, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 779 times
How about this one:
“Let him curse (misjudge)....It may be that the Lord will ... repay me with good for the cursing I am receiving today” (2 Sam. 16:11–12)."

Old 10-13-2016, 12:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times
I would say that it's consistent with the nature of God to want to know the truth. There is nothing wrong with setting the record straight. I would agree with what Mike stated above, though, that we should not be doing it just to prove ourselves "right" or to make ourselves look better.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:39 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,640,066 times
Rom2:27
A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity