Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Odd that He found it necessary to die for us, given the fact He said no man took His life, He laid it down willingly. Wonder how He was so deceived that He found it necessary to die? I mean, since sin is no big thing to G-d and all. And He even found it necessary to rebuke Peter who let Satan speak through him against that very thing, ie. the manner in which He should die, and He added that Satan (and Peter by agreeing with him) savored not the things which be of G-d, but the things which be of men, for good measure. Like trying to save one's own skin, for instance, thereby keeping the flesh alive. And didn't He say He ALWAYS does that which pleases His Father? So many questions, so little time...Peace
He didn't die.

He was only restin'. Just pinin' for the fjords.

He pretended to die for a couple of days and then lofted himself up to heaven, to sit at Dad's right hand and shake his son-of-godly head at mankind's floundering.

What a great story!

What a swell god(s)!

If you believe that sort of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:59 PM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Odd that He found it necessary to die for us, given the fact He said no man took His life, He laid it down willingly. Wonder how He was so deceived that He found it necessary to die? I mean, since sin is no big thing to G-d and all. And He even found it necessary to rebuke Peter who let Satan speak through him against that very thing, ie. the manner in which He should die, and He added that Satan (and Peter by agreeing with him) savored not the things which be of G-d, but the things which be of men, for good measure. Like trying to save one's own skin, for instance, thereby keeping the flesh alive. And didn't He say He ALWAYS does that which pleases His Father? So many questions, so little time...Peace
Not odd at all. His acquiescence out of agape love for all inevitably led to His scourging and crucifixion at the hand of our brutal barbarian ancestors. He did nothing to defend or protect Himself or resist in any way their evil intent. Did you miss that central message about turning cheeks and He who would save His life will lose it, and no greater love, etc.??? What else would such a complete demonstration of perfect agape love achieve in the face of human evil, Rbbi???

Old 10-17-2016, 11:17 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Thanks for the quotation mark. But, unless you consider Scripture to be my speculation, I would suggest that you are the one who is speculating. Don't those who believe in Jesus Christ have "eternal life?" Are you suggesting that eternal doesn't really mean eternal?
Eternal Life does not mean "never ending". Eternal in this instance means "true life", "spiritual life", "virtuous life". Not that I think it will have an end, but for example, I would not want to have never ending life in a mortal body, yet I HAVE received ETERNAL LIFE from God, though I am still serving time in the death realm.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:20 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What religion has done to people is DEPLORABLE!
Maybe there will be a new block buster film "Deplorable Me" - a BASKET FILM

Old 10-18-2016, 03:57 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
Quote:
i think this is a subject change from the one over-emphasizing man's fallen nature, making it over-arching rather than being creation-centered.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Odd that He found it necessary to die for us, given the fact He said no man took His life, He laid it down willingly. Wonder how He was so deceived that He found it necessary to die?
There was no question that he had to die, fundamentalism will do away with anything to remain ruling over the folk the sent one came to set free. The cross was demonstration of the love of God, tell me what more could he have done to show the extent of that love ?.

Surely they will respect my son .......But when the fundamentalists saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:34 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
lol, i don't think she would have replied that to you, pc

Old 10-19-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not odd at all. His acquiescence out of agape love for all inevitably led to His scourging and crucifixion at the hand of our brutal barbarian ancestors. He did nothing to defend or protect Himself or resist in any way their evil intent. Did you miss that central message about turning cheeks and He who would save His life will lose it, and no greater love, etc.??? What else would such a complete demonstration of perfect agape love achieve in the face of human evil, Rbbi???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There was no question that he had to die, fundamentalism will do away with anything to remain ruling over the folk the sent one came to set free. The cross was demonstration of the love of God, tell me what more could he have done to show the extent of that love ?.
Surely they will respect my son .......But when the fundamentalists saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:

But what you fail to see in your fundy bashing blindness, is that G-d the Father did it, because what the enemy meant for evil, G-d meant for good, BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN USE EVIL TO DESTROY EVIL.

Which is why the Word says that if the enemy had known what the plan was, he would have never crucified the son of glory. Peace

Old 10-19-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Quote:
But what you fail to see in your fundy bashing blindness, is that G-d the Father did it, because what the enemy meant for evil, G-d meant for good, BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN USE EVIL TO DESTROY EVIL.
Which is why the Word says that if the enemy had known what the plan was, he would have never crucified the son of glory. Peace
Sick rationale defending a false view of God's true nature and motives. Sad, very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity