Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2016, 07:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,506,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
How many people do you reckon have no sins on the books to begin with? You don't believe in original sin or total depravity?

And why do you think the Lord said:

Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

When the Lord has covered our sins, they are truly gone - He bears no record of them. Unlike our human way of forgiving but often not forgetting, when the Lord covers our sins they are truly gone - because Jesus Christ truly suffered His wrath for them.

I don't really see what kind of distinction you are trying to make here.. is the covering of the Blood of the Son of God not enough to blot out our sins and write our names in the Book of Life you think? I know it is for God - anything else you want to add to that becomes a works righteousness one way or the other.
What do you think this means concerning the those who trust in Jesus as God (the "Deity" God aka "Trinity") and substitute as God the Holy Spirit says in Scripture:

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, .... This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come,
so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
and of Jesus
Hebrews 10:14
For by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 07:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You realize that Jesus is both fully God and fully man, right? He has 2 natures--the divine and the human, but he is only 1 person. His blood paid for my sin.
Your living a lie. No one can pay for another's sin.

Ezekiel 18: 26-28
When the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity, they shall die for it; for the iniquity that they have committed they shall die.
Again, when the wicked turn away from the wickedness they have committed and do what is lawful and right, they shall save their life.
+ Because they considered and turned away from all the transgressions that they had committed, they shall surely live; they shall not die.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:43 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
You realize that Jesus is both fully God and fully man, right? He has 2 natures--the divine and the human, but he is only 1 person. His blood paid for my sin.
Nonsense. His blood was shed by our brutal ancestors while He maintained the perfect agape love no one of our species was capable of. He COMPENSATED for our species' deficiencies ("sins"). Because He saved our entire species from separation from God, salvation has nothing to do with what any of us do or do not do. There was no payment because none was required. That scapegoat meme is a preposterous human misinterpretation based on primitive ignorance and barbarity.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 10-12-2016 at 08:55 PM..

Old 10-12-2016, 08:50 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,640,580 times
Quote:
boy, if the Bible says anything else i sure don't see it.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:26 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,050,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Every word from the mouth of God is the word of God. Nothing else. Has nothing to do with a blood sacrifice.

No one can cover another's sin. The word says so. Find it.

As it is written; "Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood shall live forever and I shall honor him on the last day."
Really, I think the Word says it is the honour of a man to overlook a transgression. In the same way it is an honour to God to cover ours in mercy and grace, that is why He made a way to do so in His Son.

Proverbs 19:11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

Colossians 3:13Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Psalm 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Psalm 32:1-2 {A Psalm of David, Maschil.} Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

No this is what the consistent testimony of the Word is, Jesus Christ put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself. And our sin gets covered by the act of faith in Jesus Christ, go read it and believe it .

Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 AM

425 posts, read 276,804 times
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them

The Greek word in that passage for "imputing" is logizomai (log-id'-zom-ahee) which means to keep an inventory; in other words: an indictment.

At the great white throne event depicted at Rev 20:11-15, the dead's personnel files will be opened. Well, were one of Christ's believing followers to appear before God at that event, their file would contain not one single sin: zero; viz: nothing with which to charge them.

As i see it, there are two barriers preventing people from going to heaven. One is justice, and the other is human nature.

Well, justice was quite handily satisfied via God donating His own son to stand in for humanity on the cross.

Isa 53:6 . . All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; but the Lord has caused the iniquity of us all to fall on Him.

Rom 6:3 . .Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

Rom 6:6 . .Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him

Gal 2:20 . .I am crucified with Christ

Col 3:3 . .For you died when Christ died

In a nutshell, the "old man" spoken of in Rom 6:6 is that portion of humanity's human existence engendered by Adam; viz; humanity's human nature; which by extension includes not only the very core of humanity's being, but also humanity's human body; which the Bible rates as cheap goods. (Rom 7:24, Phil 3:21)

Humanity's cheap-goods human body is an easy fix; merely by discarding the original equipment and replacing it with an upgraded model. But the core of a human's being is a bit more complicated to fix and requires a deft bit of surgery.

How does God go about amputating someone's original self and replacing it with a brand new upgraded self without losing the person? In other words: say John Q pew warmer undergoes the supernatural birth about which Christ spoke in John 3:3-8. Does John Q come out of it another man, or maybe just a changed man?

That reminds me of some lyrics from a song in the Broadway musical "A Chorus Line" that go like this:

Who am I anyway,
Am I my resumé,
Or am I someone I don't know?

Well; whoever people are when they come through that birth-- whether a new person or just a changed person --they must needs be a huge improvement over their original self or it's no heaven for them.

FYI: The birth about which Christ spoke isn't optional, no; it's a must.

John 3:7 . .You should not be surprised at my saying you must be born anew.

/

Old 10-13-2016, 09:43 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,640,580 times
nice. reminds me of

"you are not the thinker, or the thought, but the one observing these"

paraphrased.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:06 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,214,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Your living a lie. No one can pay for another's sin.

Ezekiel 18: 26-28
When the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity, they shall die for it; for the iniquity that they have committed they shall die.
Again, when the wicked turn away from the wickedness they have committed and do what is lawful and right, they shall save their life.
+ Because they considered and turned away from all the transgressions that they had committed, they shall surely live; they shall not die.
Yet, Jesus stated that he would lay down his life for his sheep. (John 10:11).

He called Paul to be his apostle, and he taught Paul and inspired Paul to write that Jesus is the propitiation for our sins.

You're SOOOOO close! “...being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God” Romans 3:24-25

John, the disciple "whom Jesus loved" wrote: "He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

You have a choice -- you can choose to live under the Law, and as Ezekiel wrote, die for your own sins and suffer for them, or you can turn to Jesus. Romans 10:4 states that Jesus is the end of the Law for righteousness. I'd rather have eternal life in Jesus.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,302 times
Quote:
Yet, Jesus stated that he would lay down his life for his sheep. (John 10:11).

He called Paul to be his apostle, and he taught Paul and inspired Paul to write that Jesus is the propitiation for our sins.

You're SOOOOO close! “...being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God” Romans 3:24-25

John, the disciple "whom Jesus loved" wrote: "He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

You have a choice -- you can choose to live under the Law, and as Ezekiel wrote, die for your own sins and suffer for them, or you can turn to Jesus. Romans 10:4 states that Jesus is the end of the Law for righteousness. I'd rather have eternal life in Jesus.
Eternal life is in keeping the commandments as Jesus stated.

"If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

It is by doing the word as the son of man that brings life.

"The man who loves shall do the works I do"

Old 10-13-2016, 12:43 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
nice. reminds me of

"you are not the thinker, or the thought, but the one observing these"

paraphrased.
This changed so much for me having seen that i was an observer... It was like hang on, what was that i just saw?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity