Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 01:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Eternal life is in keeping the commandments as Jesus stated.

"If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."

It is by doing the word as the son of man that brings life.

"The man who loves shall do the works I do"
I'll tell you the same thing I told another Bible twister "Give me chapter and verse please". It's amazing when the verse that you THINK you're quoting actually turns out to say something entirely different than you think it does. I'm pretty sure I know the verses you're quoting, but I'd like you to look at the context.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 01:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'll tell you the same thing I told another Bible twister "Give me chapter and verse please". It's amazing when the verse that you THINK you're quoting actually turns out to say something entirely different than you think it does. I'm pretty sure I know the verses you're quoting, but I'd like you to look at the context.
Lol, all you ever do is throw random out of context bible verses out there that you think support your beliefs, I have never once seen you expound on a verse.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:24 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This changed so much for me having seen that i was an observer... It was like hang on, what was that i just saw?.
yes; essential imo

Old 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This changed so much for me having seen that i was an observer... It was like hang on, what was that i just saw?.
Such dangerous new age spirituality. Trust me I used to be very much into eckhard tolle and chopra, but this fake buddhist spirituality that talks about "you" being the observer-type of thing is really demonic even though it seems innocent.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Such dangerous new age spirituality. Trust me I used to be very much into eckhard tolle and chopra, but this fake buddhist spirituality that talks about "you" being the observer-type of thing is really demonic even though it seems innocent.
It's old age handed down doctrines of men you should be more concerned about. For your information, I do not read either of those authors. I did buy tolle's book the power of now, but read about 2 pages and sold it on Amazon.

Old 10-13-2016, 03:40 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
sorry, i disagree, and think this is = to recognizing that what we see as reality is not real in the sense that the Bible tries to impart this concept. It is the "wake up" admonishment in Scripture.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:38 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It is those who say Jesus did not mean it that twist it to agree with a false theology. I've seen the rebuttals before by people who have been taught by man and not by God. They think keeping the commandments is an impossibility because they do not really know what the commandments are and how you keep them.

Matthew 19
16 Then someone came to him and said, "Teacher, what good deed must I do to have eternal life?"
17 And he said to him, "Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments."
18 He said to him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness;
19 Honor your father and mother; also, You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
20 The young man said to him, "I have kept all these; what do I still lack?"
21 Jesus said to him, "If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me."
22 When the young man heard this word, he went away grieving, for he had many possessions.
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astounded and said, "Then who can be saved?"
26 But Jesus looked at them and said, "For man it is impossible, but for God all things are possible.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:48 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
Jesus says that if salt loses its seasoning then it is to be thrown out. This after calling the disciples salt. So here he is saying they can lose there worthiness.
Losing our worthiness is fare from losing our salvation. We lose our worthiness when we continually disobey God and become worthless witness for Him

Quote:
Matthew 5:13 NRS

"You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot."

Jesus also eludes to the fact one must continue in His word to be a disciple. Another fact that one can lose there salvation.

John 8:31

"If you continue in my word you are truly my discple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

Do you agree?
Continuing in the word is proof of being a disciple. A true disciple will continue.

Now let me offer a few verse that confirm we can't lose our salvation.

Phil 1:6 - I am convinced of this very thing, that he who began a good world in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. Note only did God start our salvation, he will perfect it untiel we did or Jesus returns.

Heb 12:2 - Jesus is the Author(the beginner) and the perfecter of faith...

I Pet 1:23says we have been born again of imperishable seed. I am sure you know the definition of imperishable.

Jn 6:37-40 - In those verse it says God gave us to Jesus. Jesus says He will not cast us out. He also says that ALL God gave Him he will lose nothing because that is Gods will.

Jn 3:18 says those who believe in Jesus will not come onto judgment. If we will not be judged, we can't lose our salvation. Jn 5:24 says basically the same thing.

The born again analogy in Jn 3 teaches us that just as one cant be unborn from their physical birth, they can't be unborn from their spiritual birth.

There are more but if those don't convince you, nothing will.

At least you use a very good translation.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What do you think this means concerning the those who trust in Jesus as God (the "Deity" God aka "Trinity") and substitute as God the Holy Spirit says in Scripture:

Exodus 31:13
“Say to the Israelites, .... This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come,
so you may know that I am the Lord, who makes you holy.
and of Jesus
Hebrews 10:14
For by one sacrifice he [Jesus] has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
One of my favorite verse, but we should start with Heb 10:10 that tells how we were sanctified. Most of the non-believers don't like us to say "God did it," here we see that He did.

We should also keep in mind that the Sabbath is a sign for us to Remember that God did it it(Ex 13:31).

Old 10-14-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Your living a lie. No one can pay for another's sin.

Ezekiel 18: 26-28
When the righteous turn away from their righteousness and commit iniquity, they shall die for it; for the iniquity that they have committed they shall die.
Again, when the wicked turn away from the wickedness they have committed and do what is lawful and right, they shall save their life.
+ Because they considered and turned away from all the transgressions that they had committed, they shall surely live; they shall not die.
No one is with out spot of blemish, That is why man cannot pay for the sins of another. Our Sacrifice was without spot of blemish and that is the requirement for payment for our sins.

Behold the Lamb of God who takes away all our sins and the sins of the whole world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity