Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 01:37 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Of course the church presents the doctrines of the denomination, but that does not mean we have to accept them.
lol sorry, that's hogwash, as evidenced by the fact that All Muslims Are Lost, as far as you are concerned, right? Or even that Protestants claim Catholics are all lost, and vice versa. please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 03:45 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
That is simply untrue, if any believer steals or lies right before they die without repenting from it, that doesn't mean they will go to hell. Our salvation isn't that much of a gamble of hoping we die in the right circumstances. What matters is whether or not we put our faith in Jesus Christ in our lives before we die, that is going to determine eternal heaven or eternal hell. Suicide is not in any case an unforgiveable sin, just like lying or stealing is not unforgiveable - and if we have truly put our faith in Jesus Christ, eternal life is not a gamble. God will forgive us of suicide just as He forgives us of any other sin.. not because we are so cute and we deserve it, but because of the atoning Sacrifice that Jesus made for our sins.
The STATE OF MIND and ultimate character of each person is what will determine their status at death, but it has nothing to do with salvation. Jesus took care of that and it is finished.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:33 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The STATE OF MIND and ultimate character of each person is what will determine their status at death, but it has nothing to do with salvation. Jesus took care of that and it is finished.
Then why did He say as I say;

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"Not everyone who cries to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:14 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"No one can see" as in not able to understand or comprehend the "Reign" of G-d...Kingdom is a mistranslation which leads one to envision an actual Kingdom...

Quote:
"Not everyone who cries to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father.
And exactly what is that will?...

Old 10-25-2016, 08:03 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
"No one can see" as in not able to understand or comprehend the "Reign" of G-d...Kingdom is a mistranslation which leads one to envision an actual Kingdom...

And exactly what is that will?...
I came down from heaven to preach the good news of the kingdom of heaven, to testify the truth and do the will of my heavenly Father.
Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching namely if it comes from God or I am speaking on my own. Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Do so and you will live.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
lol sorry, that's hogwash, as evidenced by the fact that All Muslims Are Lost, as far as you are concerned, right? Or even that Protestants claim Catholics are all lost, and vice versa. please.

According to Jesus--they are all lost--catholics and all of its branches( protestants)-- see Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand. Thus a jhouse divided is not of God or his son--see 1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought-no division= the one true religion.

Old 10-26-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Your interpretations of scripture are absurd and very naive'. I have explained what the actual water of life is and how we are to produce rivers of living water within us by overcoming and enduring to the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
"No one can see" as in not able to understand or comprehend the "Reign" of G-d...Kingdom is a mistranslation which leads one to envision an actual Kingdom.
Amen! Kings and kingdoms are anachronistic and have nothing to do with our spiritual destiny.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:22 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Hey, did anyone ever mention that the word is "alludes"? Just wondering.

Carry on.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:50 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Quote:
Your interpretations of scripture are absurd and very naive'. I have explained what the actual water of life is and how we are to produce rivers of living water within us by overcoming and enduring to the end.
Amen! Kings and kingdoms are anachronistic and have nothing to do with our spiritual destiny.
How do you come up with this stuff?

Pharmaceuticals?

Old 10-27-2016, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How do you come up with this stuff?
Pharmaceuticals?
Intellect and years of study and acquired knowledge something you probably don't know much about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity