Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 06:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I have read IN the "Fathers." but have not delved deeply. Primarily I have read Didache and can see that there was already a very human tendency to formalize and ossify the message.
If you reaad the first few like Polycarp, Mathetes, etc you will find virtually nothing of Greek influence or at odds with scripture. Once we get beyond them we start to see changes based on man's thoughts and at odds with scripture. It wasn't until the 4th century they ahd the power to eliminate opposition and begin to change things a lot and elevate their own traditions to an equality to scripture.

Re the Didache. The copies that exist are not very old. There is disagreement over dating them. Some say 1st century others 2nd century and it is not referenced until the 3rd century, so it is a questionable source.

We see great consistency in the earliest MS of the NT and only find significant changes after the 3rd century and some are a change in word form, including form God to Lord. That also created later problems as did removing God's name from the LXX, which had it until the mid 2nd century. The mid 2nd century was a turning point as Judaism and any thing from it was rejected and the "church" turned heavily to Greek philosophy, which is why the Hebrew MS retained God's name and the LXX used by the Christians was changed to remove God's name and change it to Lord. They were rejecting anything connected to the Jews.

Just doing the research you have done is a good thing. The deeper one goes the more they do see the changes that occurred later in time.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:42 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What has Jesus told you that can't be found in the Bible?
Jesus told me The bible contains numerous errors...and that the evangelical platform has perverted His message..

Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus told me The bible contains numerous errors...and that the evangelical platform has perverted His message..
Please give examples.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Please give examples.
Please see most of your posts.

Old 10-10-2016, 08:55 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Please give examples.
Whichever scriptures anyone used to try and control me. I was told I was free and loved exactly as I was and need not listen to testicles who try and tell me otherwise... no man, no book, no threats, no warnings, no punishments, no chains, no judgement, no bull crappery, no numerology, no sin, no pain, no creepy phrophecies, no Armageddon, no shoes, no shirt, no service...

I believe that is called perfect love Jimmy..as in complete...fin

1 John 4:18

…17In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him. 18There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love. 19We love because He first loved us.…

and now you can understand why some would try and silence the female voice

Old 10-10-2016, 09:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Whichever scriptures anyone used to try and control me. I was told I was free and loved exactly as I was and need not listen to testicles who try and tell me otherwise... no man, no book, no threats, no warnings, no punishments, no chains, no judgement, no bull crappery, no numerology, no sin, no pain, no creepy phrophecies, no Armageddon, no shoes, no shirt, no service...

…17In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him. 18There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment. The one who fears has not been perfected in love. 19We love because He first loved us.…

You go, girl!

Too soon etc.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:00 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

Old 10-11-2016, 02:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

GAME, set, MATCH!

Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
GAME, set, MATCH!
So, according to to you and Zman, the Bible contains errors. As an example, you say you are loved (which is in the Bible) and then you quote the Bible, which you mostly loathe. And may I point out, you quoted John (a man). Oh the irony!

Old 10-11-2016, 06:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
So, according to to you and Zman, the Bible contains errors. As an example, you say you are loved (which is in the Bible) and then you quote the Bible, which you mostly loathe. And may I point out, you quoted John (a man). Oh the irony!
God told her not to listen to anyone who told her anything contrary to the message that she was free and loved. Do you expect her to disobey God and listen to people who use the bible to tell her something different anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity