Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 08:40 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Go ahead. Share with us how women have EVERY OPPORTUNITY in your church...how women have ALL the same opportunities as MEN in your community (it is NOT your fault if they do not, but are you standing up for their RIGHT to have ACCESS to every opportunity?)

Generally speaking, it doe not mean EVERY man, but overall as an established INSTITUTION, the religious right refuses to allow women CERTAIN opportunities and demands they follow a certain code as outlined in the bible.

It is the attitude of trumpeters and other misogynistic people who DEMONIZE themselves..and when others SUPPORT trumpeters' attitudes and refuse to call them out--They are not only demonized--THEY ARE GUILTY in the EYES of GOD..
First, you need to demonstrate how "Equal" means "the same". There are things that women can do that I can't do. It doesn't mean I'm lesser than them.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:46 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
First, you need to demonstrate how "Equal" means "the same". There are things that women can do that I can't do. It doesn't mean I'm lesser than them.
There are things you can't do because you are not equipped to do them, not because women decided you couldn't.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There are things you can't do because you are not equipped to do them, not because women decided you couldn't.
Likewise, there are things that women can't do because they are not equipped to do them, not because men decided they couldn't do them.

STILL waiting for an explanation of how "equal" means "the same".

Old 10-11-2016, 09:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Likewise, there are things that women can't do because they are not equipped to do them, not because men decided they couldn't do them.

And what do you think that women are not equipped to do in the churches?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:

Doe that mean they should not have the OPPORTUNITY to try>>??

Give 3 examples....LOL

Old 10-11-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
EQUAL means if you can try it, so can I...

We do not have to be the same to be equal.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
EQUAL means if you can try it, so can I...

We do not have to be the same to be equal.
No, we do not have to be the same to be equal. That's my point. But God has determined certain requirements to do certain things. It wasn't defined by some random dude that felt threatened by women.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:18 AM

Can a woman shoot an AR 16 and be in the military? YES..but men do not think it is a woman's place??

The problem is society has decided what is APPROPRIATE for a woman, not what is POSSIBLE...

Old 10-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Can a woman shoot an AR 16 and be in the military? YES..but men do not think it is a woman's place??

The problem is society has decided what is APPROPRIATE for a woman, not what is POSSIBLE...
Completely irrelevant. This has NOTHING to do with the church. You should try to stay on topic.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Quote:

Try again, Vizio, it IS there. The difference is between "equipped" (biologically) and "decided." When there have to be RULES made to keep one or the other from performing a function it becomes "unequal."

Ah, I see this was covered well by Zthatzmanz and you fall back on the "God decided, not men" argument that is precisely what the OP is about and it is a LIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity