Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2016, 07:05 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
That's an unfounded assertion.
Actually it is not. Nothing cannot be the cause of something. Life cannot be the cause of lifeless elements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Either you have NOT read the entire Bible and its descriptions of the OT God and His motives, actions, commands, desires, and psychological weaknesses that strangely mirror our own human ones - OR - your values about what constitutes a worship-worthy, good, decent, caring, loving Creator are strangely warped.
I have read the entire Bible many times. I have yet to find where Gods has a psychological weakness. Where did you find that He does? What were the motives of the God of the OT?

The God of the OT is the very same God of the NT. Have you not read John 1:1?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I doubt you'll grasp a clue from my reply but what the heck - I'll try anyway.

I don't denigrate my parents.

If you took offense from my post, that's on you.

The impersonators of a god being(s) in the bible are quite obvious: The certifiably insane, genocidal narcissist godling of the Old Testament. That case of arrested development who decided to drown every living thing out of personal pique. Not to mention too many other atrocities to count. Then we also have his pseudo-sacrificial dupe of a son and a ghostly presence of some sort, apparently permeating the insane one and the sacrificial one and sort of being part of each.

But there's only one.

Or something.

30,000+ denominations have been arguing about the nuances but I believe I captured the gist.
Rhetoric does not capture anything. The eternal destination, something you don't seem to believe anyway, did not change by them being killed in the flood. Their death kept them from spreading their evil and corrupting other generations.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:18 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Job was spiritually righteous based on his faith in God. He was not literally righteous. Rom 3:11

Now where does it say that?...

Iyov - Job - Chapter 1

1There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was sincere and upright, God-fearing and shunning evil.

Quote:
David was a man after God's own heart because of His faith in God, not on his conduct.
He was a man after G-d's own heart because he truly repented when confronted with his sin...
Quote:

Abraham believed God and it was counted (imputed) to him as righteousness.
What was it that he believed?...

Old 10-26-2016, 07:19 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
Either matter of God is eternal. take you pick.

If God was indifferent to us, us would not have been created.

[CENTER][SIZE=2]I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C.S.Lewis [/SIZE] [/CENTER]
You are not an authority on matter. You do not get to decide(for mankind) the origin of the universe or man. You are entitled to your opinion, but not what constitutes evidence or facts. And, even if these are the result of a creator, there is no evidence it is tied to the Bible.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nah.

I'll let you work out the puzzle of me.

If you can stop blowing your own horn long enough to pay attention to clues.
Personal,biased OPINIONS are not clues.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
The Bible gives the only logical explanation for the existence of matter and life. Jimmie is right, everything, has a cause, except what is eternal.

The heavens are declaring the glory of God.
Again, only your baseless opinion. No different than if I wanted to believe in Santa.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
We're only held accountable for what we know, so therefore Job in the beginning was still capable of being declared righteous by G-d's standard, but the processing brought more revelation to him to be accountable for, and he was STILL RIGHTEOUS because of his reaction to it. See? Peace
Job became righteous the same way Abraham did---by believing God.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is that because your "faith" and "religion" are empty and meaningless outside of scriptures?
But they are full and meaningful because of Scripture.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am asking you which is the road of affliction the narrow or broad way ?.
I would tell you, but you wont believe it, so why bother?

Why don't you tell us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity