Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 08:00 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I was inspired while diving off the coast of Niihau and Kauai, Hawaii:

"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his errors, when too deeply immersed in them."

In other words, a fish knows nothing other than the sea water that it is submerged in.
However, you are correct, as you do not take much thought in what others are saying.

Evidently, you are too preoccupied with your own thoughts to actually listen.

You do not have the ability to JUDGE that I am preoccupied with anything. Rom 13:3

If I am not listening, how can I refute what they say? It seems to me you are preoccupied with yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 08:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
How silly.

He knew what He said was the truth. Sometimes the truth is derogatory. You use a term and don't even know the correct meaning of it.
LOL....you are STILL saying that?!

Old 11-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Right and if what we have was not inspired by God, we would still not have anything we could put our conficence in.
Not when you have not encountered the Guide Jesus promised.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I can only go by what you post, you're just a bible quoting parrot. How do I respond respond to pcamps's posts ? I know! Just parrot bible verses at him.
2.can play that game and your bible proves you have no idea .
Evidently your intellect does not rise to the level that Bible needs to be capitalized or is that just your attempt to denigrate God's inspired and inerrant and infallible Word? It seems that your understanding of agape includes insulting those who have the audacity, to doubt your veracity, and you say I have no idea. How sad

Quote:
When I consider the heavens and the works of your hands

Great are the works of the LORD; They are studied by all who delight in them

"Look at the heavens and see; And behold the clouds-- they are higher than you
I quote Bible verses to show that what He and YOU say is not always Biblical. This is amusing that you have just parroted the Bible and have just accused me of doing that. Would like a cracker?

Even worse is that the verse you parroted are not connected to this subject.

Now will challenge you to post something from my Bible that shows I have no idea. I have just put only my prophecy hat and I predict oo9 will fail. If he does post something, I will show him he lacks understanding of even what he posts.

There is a man in our forum, who fails to use decorum
He thinks he is right and that's such a fright, for most of his thoughts are only a theorem.

He likes to insult others, even those he should consider brothers.
Hopefully one day He will learn, that at times the worm gonna turn
Then maybe the truth will abound that what goes around comes around.

Although it is terse, it comes from a verse, and if you don't believe it, it will be all the worse.

I will parrot it for you so you don't have to look it up.
It is found in Obadiah 15 in God's holy Book and you have to do is look.

Old 11-03-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Prove me wrong. Post what you thing a fundamentalist is.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Not when you have not encountered the Guide Jesus promised.
You do not have the ability to know I have not encountered anything, let alone anything to do with the Bible. That is judging. Do you know what Jesus said about that? All fundamentalist do. Since you are judging where you have no ability, and what Jesus said not to do, maybe it is you who has not encountered the Guide Jesus promised.

What has Jesus promised that I do not understand?

Thanks for continuing that you have no clue what a fundamentalist is. You can cure your ignorance by finding out. I even did it for you in post 1444. I forget what thread it was in but it was probably "the importance of the Bible."

Old 11-03-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Prove me wrong. Post what you thing a fundamentalist is.
Quote:
There is absolutely nothing new about this, and it has been noted more than once. What you are missing is that the FOCUS is on that "Inerrant" and literal elements of Bible interpretation in fundamentalism that have led to the denigration of LGBTQ and subordination of women as well as denial of evolution. EVERYTHING said about "Fundies" reflects this, and it IS a part of the definition, so it appears to me that you have just been blowing smoke.
I already did, when you posted the standard definition....which is familiar to all of us. Perhaps you missed this.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
You do not have the ability to know I have not encountered anything, let alone anything to do with the Bible. That is judging. Do you know what Jesus said about that? All fundamentalist do. Since you are judging where you have no ability, and what Jesus said not to do, maybe it is you who has not encountered the Guide Jesus promised.

What has Jesus promised that I do not understand?

Thanks for continuing that you have no clue what a fundamentalist is. You can cure your ignorance by finding out. I even did it for you in post 1444. I forget what thread it was in but it was probably "the importance of the Bible."
"By their fruit you shall know them." If you don't trust the Guide Jesus promised, it can ONLY be because you have not encountered that Guide.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:35 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
You do not have the ability to JUDGE that I am preoccupied with anything. Rom 13:3

If I am not listening, how can I refute what they say? It seems to me you are preoccupied with yourself.
If your purpose to listening is to refute then I suggest you are not listening at all. Shouldn't your goal be understanding someone not opposing them?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:41 AM

15,849 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Evidently your intellect does not rise to the level that Bible needs to be capitalized or is that just your attempt to denigrate God's inspired and inerrant and infallible Word? It seems that your understanding of agape includes insulting those who have the audacity, to doubt your veracity, and you say I have no idea. How sad

[b]

I quote Bible verses to show that what He and YOU say is not always Biblical. This is amusing that you have just parroted the Bible and have just accused me of doing that. Would like a cracker?

Even worse is that the verse you parroted are not connected to this subject.

Now will challenge you to post something from my Bible that shows I have no idea. I have just put only my prophecy hat and I predict oo9 will fail. If he does post something, I will show him he lacks understanding of even what he posts.

There is a man in our forum, who fails to use decorum
He thinks he is right and that's such a fright, for most of his thoughts are only a theorem.

He likes to insult others, even those he should consider brothers.
Hopefully one day He will learn, that at times the worm gonna turn
Then maybe the truth will abound that what goes around comes around.

Although it is terse, it comes from a verse, and if you don't believe it, it will be all the worse.

I will parrot it for you so you don't have to look it up.
It is found in Obadiah 15 in God's holy Book and you have to do is look.
Would this be an example of the mind of Christ? Is this your best usage of the spirit of agape (compassion) or are you of the mind that compassion does not extend to everyone? Why not show PC what you believe instead of tell him? Isn't your behavior and your ways of interacting with the rest of God's children the defining characteristic or is it how you got there by way of following Laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity