Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2016, 09:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I don't embrace any creator. As far as I know, we are here. We might have been created, we might have just evolved or we might have been seeded here. I don't know. I've seen nothing that proves a supernatural creator or being in existence. IMO, if there is a creator, it is indifferent to us.

I believe our perception of evil is founded in our natural need for sustenance and companionship. We need food, clothing shelter and companionship. These are not infinite easily attained resources. We have learned to produce and acquire them more efficiently, which has enabled man to evolve from a brutal past of competition for them. We have learned that laws and ethics help stabilize large numbers of competitors for resources. We are a product of our environment. We have likely created our own gods overtime.
Other animals don't need a perception of evil. Why is that? Why are humans the only species out of the THOUSANDS who have a moral consciousness?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 09:28 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Other animals don't need a perception of evil. Why is that? Why are humans the only species out of the THOUSANDS who have a moral consciousness?
I don't know, is the honest answer. Does this prove a god? Does this prove the bible is of a god? I think not.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:10 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,930 times
Quote:
Millions Jeff... MILLIONS!

I know that's hard to believe what with the Ark and what not.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:07 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times
Quote:
Animals don't have a soul. God did not breath into them the breath of life.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
And this is supposed to justify a loving God sanctioning brutal slavery?
Show us all where God sancioned slavery. Start by looking up the definition of "sanction."

Old 10-19-2016, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Which further proves we are not the creation of a loving creator. I've read the book. I came away with it being a blood fest and presentation of a dumbfounded childish super being.
Instead of just reading it, try studying it with an open mind.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
then it seems pertinent to ask what is the point of coming here? Seems pretty masochistic or something.
To contest the misinformation presented. As a sheeple Christian, I never knew the absurdities and contradictions in the bible. After honest reading and study I have found it to be just a book that is used to misguide vast numbers of people into believing bad things.

Bad things:

You owe God 10% of your income.
You are wicked if not saved.
You are worthless and only achieve through the sky fairy.
Selling daughters into slavery is ok.
Misogyny is ok.
Killing whole ethnicities is ok.
Read the full story of Lot.
Beating and owning slaves is ok.
Donkeys can talk.
Mass rape is ok.
Every species on earth was populated from a boat.
Unrepented sinners burn in hell forever.

What is important is that this book be exposed for what it is, just Jewish written nonsense.

Last edited by maat55; 10-19-2016 at 07:28 AM..

Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Instead of just reading it, try studying it with an open mind.
I did. Try it yourself.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Show us all where God sancioned slavery. Start by looking up the definition of "sanction."
Ive posted the scriptures numerous times.

Here's the definition of sanction.

sanc·tion
ˈsaNG(k)SH(ə)n/
noun
a threatened penalty for disobeying a law or rule.
"a range of sanctions aimed at deterring insider abuse"
synonyms: penalty, punishment, deterrent; More
official permission or approval for an action.
"he appealed to the bishop for his sanction"
synonyms:

Notice part 2.

Now, buzz off

Old 10-19-2016, 06:32 AM

Imo, this book has made it impossible for Christians to be intellectually honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity