Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 02:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And again, you didn't read or comprehend what I said. There is a difference between killing and murder. And yes, there are tares and wheat in each person. That is the microcosm view of the word. But there is a macrocosm view as well. Both witness each other, so you can't take one and call it righteous, and the other sin. Peace
When a human being kills because they believe "God said so", it's murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
now we're back to "God is a murderer," ignoring that God can make a seed, but you can't.
Quote:
just as the existence of Jesus cannot be definitively proved, equally God killing anyone, ever, cannot. Those are stories that contain truth, not meant to be taken for facts that can be proven imo.

You are all over the map.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:47 PM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You do realize that once you make these statements, you lose any credibility when defending your God, your Bible, and your religion, don't you?
No. Why?

Quote:
Using this logic you can not condemn any actions by anyone since they might be one of your God's "good purposes".
I did't use logic. I said it was MY OPINION.

Quote:
You cannot say with any credibility that the 9/11 hijackers committed horrible acts, since your God might simply be using them for "good purposes". Since "our ways are not his ways", how can you condemn child rapists with any justifiable reason? But, I do agree that your God's ways are not our ways, fortunately.
You illogic in this whole post escapes me.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
nonetheless, God is going to "kill you" someday, TD.
It was Job not God who said the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. You have to hand it to Job, no matter what he believed God was throwing at him, he was never going to curse him. I am pretty sure that eventually he understood that all that befell was down to himself........ That which i greatly feared has come upon me, he must have seen you cannot have an effect without a cause.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:49 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You are all over the map.
well, it seems God is anthropomorphised to make a point, when God is not a person, and does not have a personality such as we like to imagine. God cannot murder, because God is not a person.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
well, it seems God is anthropomorphised to make a point, when God is not a person, and does not have a personality such as we like to imagine. God cannot murder, because God is not a person.
So, what you had was people anthropomorphizing God and SAYING that God told them to kill, to make themselves righteous in their own eyes. I agree. It had nothing to do with God.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
That's right. Avoid the point.

There is no discernable difference between the nature of your God and theirs.
Of course there is. God says "love your enemies." Their religion says kill infidels

Quote:
There is no way to prove who is serving the "real" God. But based on "scripture", you're comfortable saying that it's okay for God (and those who are being obedient to God) to kill, and so are they. You and your Gods are cut from the same cloth.
When God orders a nation killed, it does not affect the final outcome of their lives and it saves the lives of the children under the age of accountability. If those children grow up, they would accept and worship the false gods of their parents and be lost. Dying before the age of accountability, takes them directly to God.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
How embarrassing it would be if a more advanced life form visited our planet to see so many worshipping a god that demanded animal sacrifices to atone for our natural ills.
If they were advanced, they would understand and believe in God. Sins are sins, not natural ills.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:03 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
We don't know yet, because we don't have enough evidence to make that determination. Do you know? If so, what is your evidence? If your answer is "your God", then how did he/she/it come from nothing?
At this point, a creator (of some sort) is the only answer we have. The creator/maker/designer is always greater than the created. Therefore, it is feasible that the creator exists on a higher plane and needs no creating. Infinite creator makes no sense.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
How sad - and sickening - that the barbarism of primitive beliefs still exists in primitive minds today.
You means like slaughtering innocent babies?

Quote:
Thankfully, the disease of fundamentalism is close to being cured by the extinction of these spiritual dinosaurs within a couple of generations.
Unfortunately bigotry will not be cured in our lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity