Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 03:21 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.049d8c8ed719

Leaked emails on starting a revolution within the Church. Evil people for sure.
A threat?

Nah, she will have her reward.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
hillary and trump represent exactly how far capt america is falling.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Atheist tend to have a much more accurate view of themselves. That alone makes working together with the average Atheist easier. A great number of Christians view themselves as "righteous" while their actions are anything but. Some of the most vile, angry, and hateful people out there also believe they are "saved" and "forgiven" by Christ. This election cycle is exposing countless "good" Christian people just like this.

I've said this before and I stand by it. Atheists aren't running people away from Christianity in America. Christians are.
Truth.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:21 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Atheist tend to have a much more accurate view of themselves. That alone makes working together with the average Atheist easier. A great number of Christians view themselves as "righteous" while their actions are anything but. Some of the most vile, angry, and hateful people out there also believe they are "saved" and "forgiven" by Christ. This election cycle is exposing countless "good" Christian people just like this.

I've said this before and I stand by it. Atheists aren't running people away from Christianity in America. Christians are.
Unfortunately this is quite true. But many are Christians running away from ORGANIZED religion. I'm one of them.

It is primarily because that snake, Satan, has invaded so-called "christian" fundamentalist churches and demands them to dominate everyone else.

As one of the "new" kind of christian (prefer Jesus follower), I have no problem with atheists or agnostics, primarily because their aren't any of them hateful in the name of God. They may be hateful, but at least they aren't the hypocritical kind as some on this very thread have proven to be.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:22 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
yup,

people don't like a group of people because of what some of those people do.

It aint that hard.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:38 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
hillary and trump represent exactly how far capt america is falling.
...and how about how far Christendom ( so-called Christian ) has fallen - Matthew 7:21-23
Since judgement starts with the religious ' house ' of God - 1 Peter 4:17, then it won't be long before the political surprisingly turns on the religious world - 1 Thess. 5:2-3.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:38 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Unfortunately this is quite true. But many are Christians running away from ORGANIZED religion. I'm one of them.

It is primarily because that snake, Satan, has invaded so-called "christian" fundamentalist churches and demands them to dominate everyone else.

As one of the "new" kind of christian (prefer Jesus follower), I have no problem with atheists or agnostics, primarily because their aren't any of them hateful in the name of God. They may be hateful, but at least they aren't the hypocritical kind as some on this very thread have proven to be.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:39 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Seems Hillary was really stupid for picking a solid Catholic as running mate, eh???

TIm Kaine:

1. Kaine was raised Catholic
Kaine was raised by devoutly Catholic parents in Missouri. In an interview with C-SPAN Kaine talked about the extent of his parents’ Catholic devotion, stating: “If we got back from a vacation on a Sunday night at 7:30 p.m., they would know the one church in Kansas City that had an 8 p.m. Mass that we can make.”
Kaine also attended a Jesuit all-boys high school. Catholic Jesuits, or the Society of Jesus, are priests who live by four oaths or principles, including obedience to worldwide mission. The Order focuses on issues of poverty, service, and justice.

2. Kaine served as a missionary in the Honduras
While attending Harvard Law School Kaine realized that he had been drifting away from the Catholic church and was uncertain about what he wanted to do with his life. Between 1980 and 1981 he decided to take some time off, and after appealed to Jesuits in Honduras they allowed him to volunteer in charge of a vocation school teaching carpentry and welding skills to teenage boys. Kaine said that his year in Honduras put him back on a path to service and Catholic worship.

3. Kaine and wife Anne have belonged to the same church for 30 years
Kaine and his wife, Anne Holton attend St. Elizabeth Catholic Church in a poor, predominantly black working-class neighborhood in Richmond, Virginia. It is the same church that they have been attending for 30 years, and where they were married in 1984. Kaine is also a Tenor in the church choir. In an interview with NPR, Father Jim Arsenault, the priest at St. Elizabeth, had the following to say about Kaine as church parishioner and member of the close-knit community:
This past Good Friday, we were about ready to start the procession for the veneration of the cross. And Tim was in back of church. And I said to him, hey Tim, we need your help. Help us carry this cross. It was sort of life-size. And he said sure. And gospel choir was singing some gospel spiritual songs. And Tim was there as people with tears in their eyes would venerate the cross. And they’d come up, and he’d help them up after they were kneeling or something. And he’d shake their hand, and he’d practically pull them up. And then they’d give Tim a nice hug. Everybody knows Tim Kaine.
4. Kaine struggles with the congruence of political life and faith
Kaine has grappled with “issues of congruence between life and faith” with regard to the death penalty. He has said that he struggled as Virginia governor in a state that not only uses the death penalty, but has done so significantly more than most other states. While he commuted one sentence of an individual on death row, at least 11 or 12 other inmates were executed, which conflicts with his church’s teachings about the sanctity of life.

Regarding school abstinence programs he said:
I like abstinence-focused programs, but I do believe (and the research confirms) that youngsters must also be given information about sexuality and contraception or the programs will not accomplish the goal of reducing sexual activity and unwanted pregnancy. Abstinence-only is more of a political statement than a true effort to help youngster.
It has been noted that Kaine’s struggle with abortion – namely that he is personally pro-life but politically pro-choice – is representative of the view that is held by many in America: a personal opposition to abortion, but a respect for the law and a woman’s right to make her own choices. (my own view exactly) Too bad that Kentucky clerk didn't have the respect for law that Kaine does.

5. Kaine supports women in the priesthood
Like Kaine, Pope Francis is a fellow Jesuit, and his efforts to modernize the Catholic church have included liberalizing views of homosexuality. When the Pope visited Washington D.C. in 2015, Kaine made an appeal to the Pope to allow women to be ordained in the Catholic church, arguing that allowing women to become priests would have a significantly positive influence on the world. He state:
If women are not accorded equal place in the leadership of the Catholic Church and the other great world religions, they will always be treated as inferiors in earthly matters as well. There is nothing this Pope could do that would improve the world as much as putting the Church on a path to ordain women.
(all material from Tim Kaine’s Religion: 5 Fast Facts You Need To Know | Heavy.com )

Janelle if you could be half the Catholic Kaine is, you might be considered as a replacement for Mother T.

Old 10-14-2016, 04:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Well done, Warden!

Old 10-14-2016, 04:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Shoot, Warden....I WAS going to vote for Hillary, but put a Catholic lover in the White House!???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity