Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 01:56 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times

Advertisements

Dan Savage is no expert on the bible. Even so is a hypocrite since he heads an anti bullying project, but uses that speech to humiliate and bully Christians in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao0k9qDsOvs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 03:33 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Dan Savage is no expert on the bible. Even so is a hypocrite since he heads an anti bullying project, but uses that speech to humiliate and bully Christians in public.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao0k9qDsOvs
So this is surprising? Many students would walk out on a Christian speaker praising the bible..

Old 10-15-2016, 04:09 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Still only less the 1% walked out , as Dan Savage got it wrong about his pro-LGBT views ..... See marriage between one man and one woman is never a bigoted idea like supporter of the current government may believe , as it is the foundation of natural laws which come from natural reason .....

Old 10-15-2016, 09:14 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Such people will be held accountable for their mockery of His Word, the Holy Bible.
The Spirit of truth said:

Matthew 12:36
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:22 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,455 times
k, well i wouldn't get it twisted, homosexuals were being oppressed, by people calling themselves Christians, and although the pendulum will swing now so as to reflect even the militant ones, i think for the most part these people were just seeking equality, equal treatment. You might be fighting God here.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So this is surprising? Many students would walk out on a Christian speaker praising the bible..
A Christian speaker that uses profanity and advocates behavior that the Bible openly condemns? I honestly don't know what you think qualifies one as a "Christian", but I would never dream of using that kind of language when I spoke of the Bible or my religion.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:35 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Of COURSE he was attacking the elements of the Bible that are used to BULLY, that's what his project is about.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Of COURSE he was attacking the elements of the Bible that are used to BULLY, that's what his project is about.
And he's bullying in the name of anti-bullying.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:13 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And he's bullying in the name of anti-bullying.
At least he is willing to acknowledge when he has stepped over the line...

On "Bull****" and "Pansy-Assed" - Slog - The Stranger

"I would like to apologize for describing that walk out as a pansy-assed move. I wasn't calling the handful of students who left pansies (2800+ students, most of them Christian, stayed and listened), just the walk-out itself. But that's a distinction without a difference—kinda like when religious conservatives tells their gay friends that they "love the sinner, hate the sin." They're often shocked when their gay friends get upset because, hey, they were making a distinction between the person (lovable!) and the person's actions (not so much!). But gay people feel insulted by "love the sinner, hate the sin" because it is insulting. Likewise, my use of "pansy-assed" was insulting, it was name-calling, and it was wrong. And I apologize for saying it..."

There's more. It's worth reading.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
At least he is willing to acknowledge when he has stepped over the line...

On "Bull****" and "Pansy-Assed" - Slog - The Stranger

"I would like to apologize for describing that walk out as a pansy-assed move. I wasn't calling the handful of students who left pansies (2800+ students, most of them Christian, stayed and listened), just the walk-out itself. But that's a distinction without a difference—kinda like when religious conservatives tells their gay friends that they "love the sinner, hate the sin." They're often shocked when their gay friends get upset because, hey, they were making a distinction between the person (lovable!) and the person's actions (not so much!). But gay people feel insulted by "love the sinner, hate the sin" because it is insulting. Likewise, my use of "pansy-assed" was insulting, it was name-calling, and it was wrong. And I apologize for saying it..."

There's more. It's worth reading.
Again...he is attacking people for having an opinion. Yay for him and his "anti-bullying" stance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity