Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 01:00 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I hope you are not texting, and driving?
Because your speech is a bit slurred.
It's not slurring.
It's talking in cursive.
And it's effin' elegant!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 07:44 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Of course, people take into consideration their faith when they vote. Our church has a voter guide for anyone who cares to read it.
Your church should be taxed to the gills.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:04 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,366,209 times
How I wish that we all showed more love to each other. This election has been a truly woeful one in regards to civility and common courtesy, starting in the primaries and continuing until now. It's amazing what just one man can do to lower the quality and level of discourse in a national debate.

I frequently say that supporting religious freedom is one of my bedrock political issues. And this means for everyone, Christian, of other faith, or the currently swelling group I would call disinterested in religion (some are true atheists, but a lot more seem to be agnostic or just not really interested in religion). My hope is that in respecting all groups now, that my own group would be shown similar respect now and in the future.

But, as always, I get the sense there aren't that many voters out there who think like I do, since our politics continue to get more divisive and polarizing and zero-sum as the years progress. I will keep trying to do my best as a follower of Jesus and only God knows what the future holds; He is in control.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:24 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
There are plenty of American MEN who really dislike that a black man served two terms in the WHITE House.
And yet he was elected twice.

Quote:
Why is it called the WHITE House, anyway? There are plenty of American men who don't care that the police across America have a licence to kill. It is extremely rare that a police officer could ever be charged with murder for shooting someone while on duty. Imagine how much that kind of power can corrupt a person? I'm a white lady, and at this point, I am afraid of the police. Why? Is it because I am doing anything against the law? NO! It is because I know that a police officer has been given the message that the public is AT THEIR MERCY and if they decide to pull their weapon and blow me to bits, nothing will be done about it. Of course I do have white privilege on my side, but that only makes me MORE empathetic to those who do not.
You have nothing to fear from the authorities, if you behave. Frankly, minorities wouldn't either.

Quote:
Speaking of slaves, we have more people in prison than any other nation. Did you know that in prison you lose your rights? The people in prison are routinely abused and treated like animals and they are rioting and unfortunately, all the corporate media are ignoring their story. When the corporate media ignores your story, the masses do not know what is going on.
Slaves are presumably innocent. Criminals are not.

Quote:
This world is a living hell for millions and millions of people. I don't think we are really that far from Armageddon, so just suffer a little longer, children because God is bringing the whole thing down. Of course this makes me sad on the one hand since I have four children who are in their 20s and 2 grandchildren, but I do not control the times and the seasons and those in power who have the most money have always abused their power and neglected the poor. God sees and he hears the cries that the elite try to cover up. Concerning the two party system - they are both corrupt through and through. Some of us tried very hard to get Bernie Sanders for President, but this corrupt society said NO. I think Bernie Sanders was like a modern day John the Baptist.
I feel the same way about Trump, although I did not vote for him in the primaries.

Old 10-18-2016, 10:57 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
Quote:
It seems Christians and religious need to shut up and sit down? Is that what our country is coming to----religious have no say? Very scary.
...Arrgh! Whats happening to me?! ...(Morphs into a believer in radical Islam)...Amen Sister! What is this country coming to?! I've been trying to get the implementation of Sharia Law in my county on the ballot for years and no one is listening even though us Muslims make up a huge percentage of our county's population! Very scary...

Old 10-18-2016, 11:43 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
...Arrgh! Whats happening to me?! ...(Morphs into a believer in radical Islam)...Amen Sister! What is this country coming to?! I've been trying to get the implementation of Sharia Law in my county on the ballot for years and no one is listening even though us Muslims make up a huge percentage of our county's population! Very scary...
Christian Sharia Law--NOT JUST FOR BELIEVERS...

Old 10-18-2016, 12:44 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
lol-zing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Religion has NO place in politics. Period.
i would reiterate that they are two sides of the same coin, while agreeing with you in spirit.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 10-18-2016 at 12:59 PM..

Old 10-18-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The laws should govern humanity; collectively, regardless of what someone believes. k
how's that workin out for ya, so far?

Old 10-18-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Religious have a say.
On how they conduct THEMSELVES.
They do not have a say about how other people conduct themselves.
don't kid yourself, imo, it is against the law to grow a garden in your own yard, collect rainwater from your own property, and refrain from immunizing your children, all because of "religious" people.

Old 10-18-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Of course, people take into consideration their faith when they vote. Our church has a voter guide for anyone who cares to read it.
how would Jesus vote, then, do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity