Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 10:10 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
was Christ being misleading telling the thief that today he would be with Him in Paradise or not, Jer.
Future tense, not present.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 10:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
He was crucified between TWO THIEVES: The MISTAKES of yesterday; and the FEARS of tomorrow.
And for the record, the day one dies. They go to the grave, not paradise or some heavenly realm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Their physical body goes to the grave. The soul stays trapped with whatever bondage it didn't overcome while still in the body, and the spirit returns to the one that sent it. It's basically a now unveiled (by the flesh) "divorce" that happened to Adam in the garden, and the re-UNION of the soul and spirit, is the first resurrection, which can happen while still in the body. It was Paul's superior resurrection.

And I know, because I was taken there by Him when He freed the soul of someone. Has no one ever noticed that in all the NDE's none of them ever make it through the gates of the city? There is a reason. Peace
Where exactly is this immortal soul trapped, Tartarus?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:14 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm quite fond of my carnal mind. We've had a lot of fun over the decades - eating, drinking, adventuring and loving.

And we ain't done yet.

Indeed, indeed.... it is only when that mind comes into conflict with our commitment to community that there is a problem.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:26 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm quite fond of my carnal mind. We've had a lot of fun over the decades - eating, drinking, adventuring and loving.

And we ain't done yet.

ya, none of that strikes me as "Carnal," either.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Future tense, not present.

lol, ya, that helps.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:13 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Well, I've bought the book. I may post more from it as I read.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:29 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
why is there a point at which it becomes "too late," tho, Rib? In English, please.

I don't understand your question. In English, please. Peace

Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Where exactly is this immortal soul trapped, Tartarus?

In it's own stony heart. Or have you not read that when He arose He brought those that were captive with Him, and they were seen of more than 500? He did, after all descend into the HEART of the earth (-en body). He did say in the 3rd day He'd be resurrected. I wonder what day it is and where He will be resurrected from? Then again, we could be standing around looking at the clouds, forgetting that the return will be the same way He came, ie. in a flesh body (many membered sons, who will declare His generation). Peace

Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I don't understand your question. In English, please. Peace
why can't a soul embrace "Good News" in the afterlife?

Old 10-24-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
why can't a soul embrace "Good News" in the afterlife?

Well this is one of the places where I leave the fundy label that so many have saw fit to stamp me with, to follow a path less traveled. It should be obvious, since He is no respecter of persons, that what He did for some, He will do for others. It should also be obvious that if the separation of the soul and the spirit is like a divorce, and the resurrection is the reunion of the two, that something happens in between to make this possible, because after all it doesn't say some don't resurrect, it says there are differences in their resurrected state.

The difference denoting a change of garments. Some will have the appropriate garment, some will not, but all will be present, save the son of perdition. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity