Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 06:12 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are nuts....

OK.... The next major health issue you have.... will you be ready to see God? Or will you dismiss it and attribute it to the ups and downs of life? You are talking now. Just be ready.

And what's the smiley face for? You think it's funny? Maybe a little nervous? God will handle you as He sees fit.
And you are bizarre, Rob. That's not tit for tat, I promise. I seriously wonder about your mental status religious-wise.

So explain to me why you would think I am nuts just because I want what God gave Paul? Unless you're just tired of the whole conversation, in which case feel free to bow out. No one will think the less of you, least of all me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 07:40 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,636,810 times
Thrillo, you mean to skip this one?

[quote=bbyrd009;45979913][quote=thrillobyte;45978881]Rob, this is the last time I'm going to say this; I feel like a friggin' parrot now: My door is open and Jesus is welcome to come in anytime he feels like it. If he doesn't want to come in that's his decision, not mine. Jesus is bigger than I am; he's God for God's sake so why should he expect me to do all the heavy lifting when it is he who should be making the first move if he's really that concerned for my salvation?
Quote:
"you know i believe It;
but i still
haven't found
what I'M lookin for..."
ya! F@#$ this!
wait, what do you need, again? sorry
i got excited

Old 10-28-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Definitely!!!!!!!!

If He was willing to do it to Paul why not me, especially since I fervently desire it?

The interesting thing is God had no compunctions or made any apologies about violating Paul's free will, did He? In other words God violates man's free will all the time when it suits Him and then leaves most everyone else high and dry when it suits Him. Seems to me He's just looking out for His own interests rather than His children's. Isn't that the very definition of a selfish absent father?
ok, you know Paul was a Zealot, right.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:24 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Thrillo, you mean to skip this one?

[quote=bbyrd009;45979913][quote=thrillobyte;45978881]Rob, this is the last time I'm going to say this; I feel like a friggin' parrot now: My door is open and Jesus is welcome to come in anytime he feels like it. If he doesn't want to come in that's his decision, not mine. Jesus is bigger than I am; he's God for God's sake so why should he expect me to do all the heavy lifting when it is he who should be making the first move if he's really that concerned for my salvation? Quote:
"you know i believe It;
but i still
haven't found
what I'M lookin for..."
ya! F@#$ this!
i got excited"

I don't mean to look like I'm ignoring you, bby. It's just that half the time I don't understand what you're posting, like that quote. What are you saying there. Like

"what I'M lookin for..."
ya! F@#$ this!
i got excited"

I have no idea what you're saying there, guy. Put in in English for me and I can give a coherent response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ok, you know Paul was a Zealot, right.
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? All I know is God knocked Paul on his butt with the power of the Holy Spirit. He can do the same for me, zealot or no zealot.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:33 PM

Rob, this is the last time I'm going to say this; I feel like a friggin' parrot now: My door is open and Jesus is welcome to come in anytime he feels like it. If he doesn't want to come in that's his decision, not mine. Jesus is bigger than I am; he's God for God's sake so why should he expect me to do all the heavy lifting when it is he who should be making the first move if he's really that concerned for my salvation?

what do you need?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with the price of rice in China? All I know is God knocked Paul on his butt with the power of the Holy Spirit. He can do the same for me, zealot or no zealot.
but Paul was a pure hearted person, who had been convinced that he was doing the right thing for the Jews, and you are not. Or, you might be, but prolly not, plus, you are taking an account from the early Church, when miracles were manifest to establish Christ's authority, not that Christ cannot be real to you, i mean, i am a serious sceptic, grew up Pentecostal, if anyone bailed it should be me. But you are asking for proof, and this demonstrates lack of faith. Forgive, and you will be forgiven, what's wrong with just keeping it simple. Because what you are asking for is possible, ok, but count the cost. Do you know what you are asking? Because the church never told you, because they don't know, the affiliated ones, the incorporated ones. All they can do is train scared people to sit on a fence with them.

Old 10-29-2016, 10:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thrill, may I ask what you would like (or would have liked) God to give to you, personally, that God has not?
Quote:
I just want Him to knock me down with the power of the Holy Spirit. I'd like to feel that spiritual awakening. And like I said He's welcome to do that anytime He wants. The fact that I have given Him full permission to do so shows my willingness to receive Him but so far...nothing. And for millions like me.....nothing. That's why they just give up the fight and walk away.

God is doing a splendid job of driving His children away simply because He chooses not to respond to their needs. And the funny part is He doesn't seem to give a damn. He just lets them walk and doesn't lift a finger to stop them. Here his church Body is dropping out by the millions and there's not a peep from Him. He just continues to let it happen. If He were a normal father He'd do something to stop it. But if He were an absentee dad who'd deserted his family then this is exactly how I'd expect Him to act: unaware, uncaring, no contribution to the child's welfare. Isn't that what you observe, Pleroo? Why are all these millions of Christians simply dropping out Christianity--would it be happening if their spiritual lives were so spiritually fulfilling in Christ????
Quote:
Thrill, it sounds like you are still wanting to be convinced that Christianity (the doctrines you once believed) is true, and for God to prove it to you. Am I reading that right?
So, Thrill, I don't know if you're just saying the things you are to make a point. If not, and if you're still wanting to be convinced that the doctrines you used to believe are true, then I'd just ask you why you're wanting to shove God back into that little box? I also don't understand why you seem to be insisting that since those doctrines are untrue, that means the only other alternative is that God must be absent. Why such a narrow view?

Ps. If you are wanting God to show up because that would convince you your former beliefs are true, maybe that's why God isn't showing up ... She doesn't want you going backwards.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:20 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
So, Thrill, I don't know if you're just saying the things you are to make a point. If not, and if you're still wanting to be convinced that the doctrines you used to believe are true, then I'd just ask you why you're wanting to shove God back into that little box? I also don't understand why you seem to be insisting that since those doctrines are untrue, that means the only other alternative is that God must be absent. Why such a narrow view?
Ps. If you are wanting God to show up because that would convince you your former beliefs are true, maybe that's why God isn't showing up ... She doesn't want you going backwards.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:44 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Rob, this is the last time I'm going to say this; I feel like a friggin' parrot now: My door is open and Jesus is welcome to come in anytime he feels like it. If he doesn't want to come in that's his decision, not mine. Jesus is bigger than I am; he's God for God's sake so why should he expect me to do all the heavy lifting when it is he who should be making the first move if he's really that concerned for my salvation?

what do you need?
And that is why the sower of the seed faithfully sows the seed knowing that the incorruptibility of the seed(the seed being spirit) sown will not give up on anyone, even beyond their time on earth. Hard for a fundy to understand because he thinks the seed is sown into flesh and blood.

Old 10-30-2016, 01:12 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And that is why the sower of the seed faithfully sows the seed knowing that the incorruptibility of the seed(the seed being spirit) sown will not give up on anyone, even beyond their time on earth. Hard for a fundy to understand because he thinks the seed is sown into flesh and blood.
I like this. It is a golden nugget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity