Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times

Advertisements

3 types of agape?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 10:58 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Agape love for God and each other - he says it many, many times.God IS Spirit. God IS agape love. What is higher than agape love who IS God????
Her claim of a higher form is vacuous. She cannot even describe the Spirit she claims to have within her, let alone establish that it is a higher form than the agape love Jesus revealed and unambiguously demonstrated.
Amen. How can you love a God you cannot see if you don't first love your fellow humans that you can see????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And, just like everything else pertaining to the Tabernacle and truth, you don't see there are 3 types and yet continue to try to flaunt what you DON'T HAVE. Peace
And you still pretend you know what I do or do not have even though you cannot describe what it is you THINK you have that I don't!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet if one does not have agape love--everything else is worthless until you do. Or perhaps you reject the greatest thing Jesus said about loving God and loving your neighbor--and that Paul wrote in that regard:
I Cor. 13:1-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6B_jYtjvME
Whatever you think you know--however many prophecies and great insights you think you have--they are nothing and cannot witness to any good thing until love becomes the center of your life. Your own spiritual life cannot advance regardless of what mystical things you may have seen until it is completely, thoroughly, and permanently the basis of all your thoughts and actions.
I John 4:8
Absolutely powerful post, Warden. you are my favorite Christian preacher!!!

Old 12-07-2016, 11:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Yet if one does not have agape love--everything else is worthless until you do. Or perhaps you reject the greatest thing Jesus said about loving God and loving your neighbor--and that Paul wrote in that regard:

I Cor. 13:1-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6B_jYtjvME

Whatever you think you know--however many prophecies and great insights you think you have--they are nothing and cannot witness to any good thing until love becomes the center of your life. Your own spiritual life cannot advance regardless of what mystical things you may have seen until it is completely, thoroughly, and permanently the basis of all your thoughts and actions.

I John 4:8

When it's the basis of all yours, get back with me. Peace

Old 12-08-2016, 09:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Mostly I don't read articles without a comment from the OP....
That's odd..I thought I was the only one!

Old 12-08-2016, 01:18 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,916,882 times
Quote:
You and SO many seem to think it is about RULES when it is about a way of life in relationship to God and man based on that "love" that Jesus taught. It is about a COMMITMENT to community.

My advice to the world---Learn and apply all that Jesus taught. Jesus did not come here to teach all he did so that mortals can pick and choose--all who do will lose. Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--years of going over and over it one still learns new utterances. How many bother?

Old 12-08-2016, 02:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
My advice to the world---Learn and apply all that Jesus taught. Jesus did not come here to teach all he did so that mortals can pick and choose--all who do will lose. Jesus taught---Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God= OT-NT--years of going over and over it one still learns new utterances. How many bother?
ONLY the ones who "pore over the Scriptures because (they) presume that by them (they) possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet (they) refuse to come to Me to have life.…

Old 12-08-2016, 02:48 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
to let us to know the real Big God the creator of heaven and earth !!!! .

https://www.facebook.com/harryconnic...SFEED&fref=nf#

there is no such thing as coincidence there is only God incidence.
get to know Him !

Old 12-08-2016, 03:28 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
ONLY the ones who "pore over the Scriptures because (they) presume that by them (they) possess eternal life. These are the very words that testify about Me, 40yet (they) refuse to come to Me to have life.…

Old 12-08-2016, 05:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
When it's the basis of all yours, get back with me. Peace
It isn't the basis of all mine. I'm a sinner like you. The difference is that I recognize my sin and concentrate on it rather than spend a lot of time on mystical ideas like the "tabernacle."

More than that--even if Satan were to preach the truth souls would be won! Call me Satan, I don't care--too often I have been--but I know what is spiritual truth---and so do a lot of others whom you dismiss as lesser than you.

When people realize they are sinners and that GOD is their rescuer they count everything but the love of God as nothing at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjd291QmiE

my favorite verse of this gospel song:

Now I live and breathe in freedom
With each breath of life I take
Loved and forgiven, backed with a living
I'm just a sinner saved by grace

How could I boast on anything
I've ever seen or done?
How could I dare to claim as mine
The victories God has won?

And once I was forgiven, it took me some years to see that the overriding message of Jesus was the love of God. Billy Graham spent a lot of time preaching on that very subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSgVWcv9Kug

Make the love of God your primary message and you will find that peace you wish on others.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You're bound to get there someday, however, you might need different teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity