Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 02:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Moving the goal posts, or just making your perception of accepting the Bible as the only valid way to see it? Jesus is "The Word of God," the Bible is a compendium of perceptions of men ABOUT God, not valid as authority on its own, but by the authority of the "Guide" Jesus promised as recorded in that book. What I do is measure everything by the Christ revealed nature of that Guide and hope my heart can be in alignment with it.
So, as I said...you toss it out the window and prefer to go by what your heart tells you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 02:40 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Numerous attacks from the adversary here...
It is NOT an attack to point our the REPEATED lies against us. He has been told too many times to count that what he says about us and our use of the Bible is an outright lie, yet he continues to accuse us. Why is correcting a lying accuser of the brethren an attack???

Old 10-26-2016, 03:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So, as I said...you toss it out the window and prefer to go by what your heart tells you.
Where did Jesus promise a book for our guide? So, basically, you toss His promise out the window and prefer to go by the doctrines you have been taught rather than that guide or even the Bible.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
@ Mystic......Maybe because he didn't lie? Why is there a curse in Revelation against those that either take away or add to, the Word, do you think? The posters he is referring to, including you, have repeatedly said the same type of things Viz quoted above, and you know it. So why do you try to hide when it's pointed out to you, and feign that you have been maligned, when it's EXACTLY what you are doing by your own admission? Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 03:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
@ Mystic......Maybe because he didn't lie? Why is there a curse in Revelation against those that either take away or add to, the Word, do you think? The posters he is referring to, including you, have repeatedly said the same type of things Viz quoted above, and you know it. So why do you try to hide when it's pointed out to you, and feign that you have been maligned, when it's EXACTLY what you are doing by your own admission? Peace
The word is Jesus Christ and fundamentalists are extremely guilty of adding and taking away from the exact representation of God he embodied.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The word is Jesus Christ and fundamentalists are extremely guilty of adding and taking away from the exact representation of God he embodied.

Both He and the written word have more than one facet, just like the precious gem they are. Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is NOT an attack to point our the REPEATED lies against us. He has been told too many times to count that what he says about us and our use of the Bible is an outright lie, yet he continues to accuse us. Why is correcting a lying accuser of the brethren an attack???
Quote:
@Rbbi . . . Yes, he did lie and he repeatedly does so. We do NOT toss out the Bible, we read it through the filter of the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit of agape love and what God has "written in our hearts" as we are instructed to do under the New Covenant. As for Revelation, anyone who purports to understand what that book has to tell us is skating on unbelievably thin ice. I am knowledgeable and highly intelligent and I would not claim to know what it is telling us or why it was included in the canon.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
@Rbbi . . . Yes, he did lie and he repeatedly does so. We do NOT toss out the Bible, we read it through the filter of the "mind of Christ" and the Holy Spirit of agape love and what God has "written in our hearts" as we are instructed to do under the New Covenant. As for Revelation, anyone who purports to understand what that book has to tell us is skating on unbelievably thin ice. I am knowledgeable and highly intelligent and I would not claim to know what it is telling us or why it was included in the canon.

But you don't read it through the mind of the Christ because IT IS the mind of Christ both hidden and revealed, including the OT canon.

I'm not surprised since Revelation is about what goes on in the temple. Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 04:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Both He and the written word have more than one facet, just like the precious gem they are. Peace
No, he is the exact representation of all that God is, sorry to break this to you, but anything that conflicts with that exact representation is not God, i don't care if that confliction is in the OT or NT or by the men who have taught you what you have bought into..........it ain't God.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
But you don't read it through the mind of the Christ because IT IS the mind of Christ both hidden and revealed, including the OT canon.
There is nothing hidden about Christ and His Good News. You try to merge His Good News with the primitive and barbaric Bad News of the OT and that is why you are confused. It is why you have to resort to unbelievable semantic machinations and symbolic terpsichore to pretend that they agree.
Quote:
I'm not surprised since Revelation is about what goes on in the temple. Peace
WE are the temple, Rbbi. It is all about what goes on IN our hearts and minds as we deal with the adversary (Serpent) within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity