Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 03:05 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He was a nasty, dark-hearted piece of work.

Good riddance.
Sounds more like the content of your posts to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 03:08 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Are you serious? Everyone who disliked his theology and practices are atheists filed with venom and bile? I bet you are probably voting for Trump and would defend him as well.
I know atheists hated him so much that they took time to create disgusting fake mockery Chick tracts. Really, don't they have better things to do with their time than to bash Christians?

Old 10-27-2016, 03:10 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Never heard of him , shows that he was a critic of Catholic church , which can be dangerous to people who cannot stop hate through forgiveness ...... See Jesus said ` the accuser of the brethren is caste down ` which some people who side with antichrist may not see , or people who have no answer to prayer may pass understanding that Jesus said to forgive when you pray so Father God will for give you so prayers can be heard ...... So If Jesus gives this man a pass into Heaven you will be sure to know that the rewards for unity may be short for this man , as Jesus is our Judge ....

Old 10-27-2016, 03:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I know atheists hated him so much that they took time to create disgusting fake mockery Chick tracts. Really, don't they have better things to do with their time than to bash Christians?
Chick bashed Catholics. Chick bashed Jews. Chick bashed Mormons. (Two of those groups are Christians. Which made Chick a Christian-basher.) He was a far-right religious extremist who promoted evil conspiracy theories about the faiths of millions of people.

Apparently Chick couldn't find better things to do with his time since he published tracts that bashed the people and religions he didn't like.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-27-2016 at 03:25 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 03:22 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Jack Chick? He was considered extreme by my conservative Protestant sect (the Missouri Synod Lutherans). And they are pretty far-right.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:41 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
File that under "didn't know they were still alive".

Probably like a lot of kids, my first intro to Chick tracts was on Halloween - there'd always be at least one house in the neighborhood where they were handed out in lieu of candy. Later on when I managed record stores, we'd always find Chick tracts stuck in the heavy metal section.

The website weirdcrap.com has an amusing parody of Chick tracts.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:52 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sad to hear of his passing. He was an incredibly talented artist with a unique style. I didn't agree with some of his content, particularly the 80s rock music scare (one of his books actually claimed Stryper was of the devil) but his tracts will definitely be missed.

The irony is that the venom and pure bile mocking hatred that atheists have shown for Jack who never did anything wrong to them only proves that he was on the right side of truth and righteousness.
Yea...I forgot...If you can annoy someone So much that they stand up to you it means you're on the right side...Go figure...

Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Chick bashed Catholics. Chick bashed Jews. Chick bashed Mormons. (Two of those groups are Christians. Which made Chick a Christian-basher.) He was a far-right religious extremist who promoted evil conspiracy theories about the faiths of millions of people.

Apparently Chick couldn't find better things to do with his time since he published tracts that bashed the people and religions he didn't like.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

No wonder jeff admires him.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Good grief. The man died. And your first response is to insult the guy? Great show of respect there, thrill.
He's dead. He doesn't care. Nor does he know. "Respect for the dead" is a silly concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity