Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 03:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Which are found in scripture.
And the writings of Nietzsche--sort of.

“Christianity is called the religion of pity. Pity stands opposed to the tonic emotions which heighten our vitality! It has a depressing effect. We are deprived of strength when we feel pity. That loss of strength which suffering as such inflict on life is still further increased and multiplied by pity. Pity makes suffering contagious. Under certain circumstances, it may engender a total loss of life and vitality out of all proportion to the magnitude of the cause…”

— Nietzsche, The Antichrist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 04:03 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
develop a real relationship with Christ and HE will give you understanding--YOU DO NOT EVEN NEED TO BEG.
Your insinuation that those who believe 2 Tim. 3:16 don't have a real relationship with Christ is patently false.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:07 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

“Christianity is called the religion of pity. Pity stands opposed to the tonic emotions which heighten our vitality! It has a depressing effect. We are deprived of strength when we feel pity. That loss of strength which suffering as such inflict on life is still further increased and multiplied by pity. Pity makes suffering contagious. Under certain circumstances, it may engender a total loss of life and vitality out of all proportion to the magnitude of the cause…”

More dross from Nietzsche?

Mat 18:33
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

Old 11-02-2016, 04:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
YOU like me! YOU REALLY REALLY LIKE ME!
Of course I do. God teaches in the Holy Bible how to like those who hate the truth and demean those of us who believe the truth in God's Word the Holy Bible.

Besides, you ought to know by now that I certainly would ignore the tiny-in-the-box jesus that I think you refer to often.

Quote:
So you do NOT believe or accept God gives away MERCY, JUSTICE and LOVE???
No I don't believe that tiny-in-the box voodoo jesus' you or someone keeps referring to.
That jesus is a demon masquerading as the truth by it's disdain for God's Holy Word the Bible and God's Holy Chosen People.

The true God teaches in the Holy Bible that in fact women really do matter to Him and to us Christian men as we want to live according to God's Holy Will for men and women of faith.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:34 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
i now believe all things. i just started, today. tell me a lie. try, try, try.
Quote:

Christ is that guy, i mean Jesus,

deep, or what. He just described our "charity," lol.

no offense to those who give to charity, btw,
the Clinton Foundation,
or Susan G Komen,
or Goodwill even
the "United Way," yikes.

it's what's in your heart that matters.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-02-2016 at 04:47 PM..

Old 11-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Your insinuation that those who believe 2 Tim. 3:16 don't have a real relationship with Christ is patently false.
then why, may i ask you--which may not describe you--do they keep begging sin? keep repenting for sins. re-repenting for sins. again and again.

i believe 2Tim3, with all 3 of me, btw.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
More dross from Nietzsche?

Mat 18:33
Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
so. there's a right way and wrong way to hear that, i guess-
or else i'm a mess.
but i see that he is talking about Pity, the spirit
and you are talking about pity, the emotion
from people, that makes things right.
"Goodwill" has "Pity," too. go compare them to Sally, and see what you see, Rbb.
i1 too

Old 11-02-2016, 05:05 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. EPHESIANS 5:22-23

So in essence, men are GOD LIKE!!!
When I used to practice religion (I'm now a non-religious Christian ) and went to church those sentences even though in the book were passed over/not recited so not to "offend" the women church goers.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
When I used to practice religion (I'm now a non-religious Christian ) and went to church those sentences even though in the book were passed over/not recited so not to "offend" the women church goers.
lol. it's good for you.

Old 11-02-2016, 05:55 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Which are found in scripture.
And confirmed by that Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity