Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 06:26 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
fools rush in, where angles fear to tread
What exactly do angels have to fear?????

That is not even a scripture is it???

Origin

'Fool' is now a more derogatory insult than it was when this proverb was coined, in the early 18th century. At that time a fool wasn't a simpleton, lacking in intelligence, simply someone who had behaved foolishly.

What did Charles Bukowski say about the foolish?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Very sure. And you should be, too. I wouldn't lie about something like this.
Just like a real cat with a mouse, Katz - just tell him about the spelling error!

Old 10-30-2016, 06:44 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Just like a real cat with a mouse, Katz - just tell him about the spelling error!
That would be much too easy.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
What do angels even have to do with it? We were talking about angles, weren't we?

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-30-2016 at 08:02 PM..

Old 10-30-2016, 07:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I read conflicting accounts of this.

Up until maybe 5 days ago,i thought God was omnipresent.

I restudied a chapter with Jehovah Witnesses,and well,now I know.

Here is an example I found:
To understand the pervasive effect of God’s holy spirit, picture the sun. It is at a specific location but distributes energy to a vast portion of the earth. Similarly, Jehovah God has a place of dwelling. But he can perform whatever his will is anywhere in the universe. Furthermore, Jehovah can use his holy spirit to perceive what is happening anywhere and at any time. Thus, 2 Chronicles 16:9 states: “As regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.”

I am actually kind of confused.

I was taught that God is not the ruler of the world by JW.

So really,people cannot blame God for evil because he does not rule the world.

My teacher also told me God does not intervene in this world unless to help those who serve him.

Divrei Hayamim II - II Chronicles - Chapter 16

9 For the Lord-His eyes run to and fro throughout the entire earth to grant strength with those whose heart is whole toward Him. You have dealt foolishly in this matter, for from now on you shall have wars.

Old 10-30-2016, 07:18 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Very sure. And you should be, too. I wouldn't lie about something like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

That is not even a scripture is it???
well, i'll be. a corruption of
Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools
i guess. hmm.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
well, i'll be. a corruption of
Do not be eager in your heart to be angry, For anger resides in the bosom of fools
i guess. hmm.

Old 10-31-2016, 12:04 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,833,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Divrei Hayamim II - II Chronicles - Chapter 16

9 For the Lord-His eyes run to and fro throughout the entire earth to grant strength with those whose heart is whole toward Him. You have dealt foolishly in this matter, for from now on you shall have wars.
His eyes are the angels?

Meaning that angels report to God what is happening on Earth.

If God was present everywhere,why did he send angels to investigate Sodom and Gemorrah?

Old 10-31-2016, 12:40 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,726,323 times
Quote:
God cannot be responsible for bad if he is not everywhere and does not rule the world.
true because the fall created a legally binding place God is not invited to be , unless he is invited to be and he is a legal or lawful God, because Love is legal and lawful and not a usurper . that space where he is not invited is where he calls death , we call it hell, but it is really an authority ( vacant space ) only in the minds and hearts of mankind and sort of where all the seeds of mans deeds is being stored up . thus only Jesus who entered in this death and became a fallen human and died then took the power of that place and so only HE overcame it and only he will judge it . but also only he can go in there and pull people who are willing out of there.

thus without destroying all in death at that moment , which he promised he would do after 6 long days , but only after pulling out of hell all willing to undo what the fall created and then judging all who like it there . thus they chose and then prove by their actions that they want to be restored to man's former state at creation or they do not .

and man is given 6(long) days to do that because Father will not deal with hell forever.. talk about a thorn in his side. who is willing to share in his sufferings ? only Jesus was.
but except for the minds of men unwilling he is everywhere and controls all he can with out usurping peoples will and he only controls ( not hearts and minds ) things for the righteous sake.

I mean if he tried to controlled the sinners hearts and minds now ( which he wouldn't do ) he would not do it, it would mean constant ongoing drama and trauma but for the righteous sake he is postponing that fight and control their souls only until the cup of wrath of men sins is full and then will do it all at one moment in time.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 10-31-2016 at 12:58 PM..

Old 10-31-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I read conflicting accounts of this.

Up until maybe 5 days ago,i thought God was omnipresent.

I restudied a chapter with Jehovah Witnesses,and well,now I know.

Here is an example I found:
To understand the pervasive effect of God’s holy spirit, picture the sun. It is at a specific location but distributes energy to a vast portion of the earth. Similarly, Jehovah God has a place of dwelling. But he can perform whatever his will is anywhere in the universe. Furthermore, Jehovah can use his holy spirit to perceive what is happening anywhere and at any time. Thus, 2 Chronicles 16:9 states: “As regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him.”

I am actually kind of confused.

I was taught that God is not the ruler of the world by JW.

So really,people cannot blame God for evil because he does not rule the world.

My teacher also told me God does not intervene in this world unless to help those who serve him.
It kind of sounds as if you just accepted everything the JWs told you. I don't know what your religious background is, but I can assure you that there is more than one way of interpreting pretty much every verse that causes confusion. Everything you say you now "know" is just another way of saying that you "know how the JWs interpret certain passages of scripture." There's nothing wrong with that as long as you realize that if you were to "restudy" a chapter with the Catholics, the Baptists or the Mormons, you may find yourself "knowing" something else entirely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity