Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 10:57 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What a load of crap. Whoever you are behind that screen name, you're sick. You constantly come on this forum trying to discredit Christianity, trying to shake peoples faith, trying to get people to believe as you do, and since you can't win people to your way of thinking, since Christians defend their beliefs against your claims, you claim that you are being abused. Get help. Go see a psychologist.
Wow, what did I say to bring that on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 11:02 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Peel the veneer off a bible coder and you'll find a broken spirit clinging to Yaweh's Special Snowflake status in an attempt to heal.

They're as sad a bunch as those babbling in tongues.
Hey, yeah ... that really describes what I was and what I was doing. When you've been told and believed that you're trash, only worthy of being thrown into God's cosmic burning garbage dump unless you are a true believer [special snowflake] you desperately seek any confirmation that you are one.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:30 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
So then see how one can be kicking a wounded dog here, ok, without realizing it. Dogs growl when they are afraid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Anyone with a modicum of common sense.
It is not common sense to you to test someone with a small thing, before you trust them with a big, important thing?

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-07-2016 at 12:45 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thank you ... you put into words what, to me, is the "red flag" that gets raised every time the "Bible coders" (for lack of a better term) refuse to speak forthrightly rather than in code. Whether there's any truth to what they say or not, BC focuses it's followers on something that does not appear to produce a generosity of spirit.

BC, as it has been presented on this forum and elsewhere, repels me now. It USED to be quite the draw for me -- that thrill of "epiphany" -- until I realized that it had become an obsession and was choking the life/love out of me.
i do not put much stock in that stuff, myself, and surely it can be taken too far, like anything else. But i wonder if the best reflection of it, BC, is not in the Story about the Jewish guys accused of drinking wine in the morning, who were not. Or the story about Jesus' family considering putting Him away, after all they had been witness to.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:42 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Seriously, pin, you spout mindless blurbs not knowing at all what you are saying. If you have something to counter my claims throw it out there and let us see it.

Here's my proof: The says of Krishna were written a full 500 years before Jesus. Below are just some of the sayings from the gospels that Jesus stole wholesale from Krishna:

Krishna: I am the way, supporter, lord, witness, abode, refuge, friend. (Ch. IX. 18)
Jesus: I am the way the truth and the life. (John XIV. 6.) I am the first and the last. (Rev. 1. 17)

Krishna: They who worship me with true devotion are in me and I in them. (Ch. VI. 29)
Jesus: He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, lives in me, and I in him.
(John VI. 57)
Krishna: Be assured that he who worships me, perishes not. (Ch. IX. 31)
Jesus: He that believeth in me shall never perish, but shall have eternal life. (John III. 5)

Krishna: I am the beginning and the end of things. (Ch. X. 20)
Jesus: I am Alpha, Omega, the beginning and the end. (Rev. I. 8)

Krishna: I will deliver thee from all sin; do not grieve. (Ch. XVIII. 66)
Jesus: Son, be of good cheer, thy sins are forgiven thee. (Matt. IX. 2)
Seriously, pin, you'd have to be deluded not to see Jesus' exact replication of what Krishna said 500 years earlier. Jesus knew who Krishna was; he probably studied Krishna's saying, that's where Jesus got his theology. Either that or your rose-colored glasses are so fogged with fundamentalist drivel that they've blinded you. [/quote]

Now in all sriousness. Are you sure you want to share notes with someone like me. After all I have far less an education than you.

Old 11-07-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
yes. it is a codependent relationship, it has every hallmark, only no one knows what codependency is, just like no one knows what Word is, for the most part; most think It is the words.

Wadr if you--or them; but whoever starts it first is goint o be perceived as the one who grew up first--begin replying with what a person needs to hear--um, like you just did there, i guess! HA. Because, after all, there was no chattering woman in that post; there was no accusation, or condemnation, not that i can see--and listening to what they are trying to say--again, very nice--then you will either begin communicating, or it will become obvious why not, to everyone. Even the other, at some point. It always works, It never fails. And they will come to you, you will not have to go to them, for the reasons you have already so succinctly outlined. You will have the "hand," which brings its own set of problems lol, but that is another thread. Peace. And ty.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:00 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
I am of a mind that the only thing that is hidden from us is our true identity and that is not hidden intentionally, it is hidden by race belief,many religious beliefs, biases, prejudices and mis conceptions(all of which kept the fundy of Jesus' day seeing what he taught), that all need chipping away at so that which is hidden is revealed. Michelangelo's David was already hid within that slab of marble, all he did was chip away at the slab until David appeared.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Boy, i'm pretty sure i was fine, until i got told to start adulting.
Quote:
oh, i see though; now. You just got crapped on, is all.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:01 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
You're looking in the wrong place.

Let me explain: a Christian board like this is the very metaphor (? right word) of an abusive relationship: the skeptics like rafius and myself are the abused spouse; the fundamentalists are the abusers. The fundamentalists are guided by nothing but dogmatic beliefs however wild and nonsensical that have been hammered into them from the cradle. Consequently a skeptic cannot talk common sense to a fundamentalist as you've all witnessed. This is analogous to an abused spouse trying to convince an alcoholic or drug user that their drug use is destroying the marriage but the abusive spouse won't listen. But the skeptic is like the addicted dependent who stays with the abusive spouse; we keep coming back for more, repeatedly trying to make the fundamentalist see reason only to get beaten and abused over and over. You'd think we would learn our lessons but there's something that compels us to return. Think I'm wrong? Try leaving this board for one year and see how far you get. You'll be back inside of one month. I know; I've tried it and yet I keep coming back for more abuse from the fundamentalists. I cannot explain the phenomenon except to say it's the very paragon of an abusive/abused couple.
I like what you've written here thrill - it is brutally honest.

I was doing ok, staying away from here, but felt like I was sort of encouraged to return and have got back into it. I hopefully won't repeat the errors of my previous stay, from which I nearly got banned (I kind of enjoyed it as well) - to some degree it was pride keeping me away anyway. Maybe it is what Abba wants me to do, as and when...

But when I read your paragraph here, I immediately thought of Stockholm syndrome, so here is the wiki reference. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

We subject ourself to the abuse because of a survival instinct - afraid that we will lose our source of supply, or even our life, if we escape from the one we have become subject to. It's just our mortal mind mentality and the propensity it has for becoming conditioned.

There is life outside of city data. Dare I say it, even spiritual life.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:38 AM

i thought so, too. An accurate reflection, inclusive of self, not flattering anyone, not condemning anyone. I am prolly the fundie up there, more or less. I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity