Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 05:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In the context, "accept" and "decide" do mean the same thing. I don't decide anything. The question of if they're Christians or not is not up to me, it's up to God. The difference is that I look to what God says, you look to the person.
WOW..so does this god of yours look at what is supposedly said, or does this god look at the person???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Nearly wiped out in the holy land
Christianity could be EXTINCT in Syria and Iraq in months due to ISIS | World | News | Daily Express

Old 11-03-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Let us pray..

Old 11-03-2016, 04:00 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
WOW..so does this god of yours look at what is supposedly said, or does this god look at the person???????
I'd suggest you consider what God has already said about it. It's not complicated.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'd suggest you consider what God has already said about it. It's not complicated.
Only to the simple-minded.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:26 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Why can't xians accept gods plan for getting xians to heaven?

You're all just jealous that gods plan is keeping you from your eternal bliss.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:57 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,366,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine
glad they are fighting back you can only turn so many cheeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You must have a really unusual Bible.
While no, I dont condone violence, I think you guys are confusing turning the other cheek for "rolling over and dying." Did Jesus say, the Pharisees are nice wonderful people? No he said they are hypocrites, who devour widows houses. The Bible preaches nonviolence, but also preaches taking action and justice. Speaking out about evil.

Islam could be decent if it allowed reform and free thought. It does not, and is not. It is a group of scum-sucking violent *******s who rape women and kill men, especially those who would never raise a hand against them.

The US has been blamed for the Islam hatred. Surely we have done terrible things to them, right? Wrong. We have been in wars with them. But during peace time, we send food, medicine, clothing. Money. We have sent billions of dollars to help this region. We are in national debt because of this. It all gets taken by the state before it can reach the common people. Does the state buy more food or clothing or set up education systems? Build houses? No. They buy more weapons, and kill more people, including their own citizens. Honestly, if we gave them what we deserved, it would be a giant "screw them", lock them all up on a remote island like Pitcairn and take away all wood they could use to escape. But we've given them far better. And they have abused this gift, and blamed us for their own stupid issues.

If even 5 Muslims learned modern farming, this region could be a land flowing with milk and honey. It is not our fault you guys aren't productive. It's this entitlement culture of yours. We aren't taking your wealth. Your backwards culture is.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:42 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
You guys take the template of the world... apply all of it to God's people... and when it doesn't work, you supply plenty of accusations and blame and fear. The template of the world will never fully work for the people of God.

The world hates Jesus Christ - and if they hate him, they will hate us as well. People in this forum hate Christ. You can see who some of the accusers are in this thread.

Matthew 24:9 - Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

There will always be times of suffering and persecution for those in the family of God.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You guys take the template of the world... apply all of it to God's people... and when it doesn't work, you supply plenty of accusations and blame and fear. The template of the world will never fully work for the people of God.

The world hates Jesus Christ - and if they hate him, they will hate us as well. People in this forum hate Christ. You can see who some of the accusers are in this thread.

Matthew 24:9 - Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.

There will always be times of suffering and persecution for those in the family of God.
I have NEVER been attacked in public or anyplace where I have gone and "shared" the God I know...I think the problem is that so many evangelical's suffer from persecution complex OR it is their jesus that hates the world?

Old 11-04-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

While no, I dont condone violence, I think you guys are confusing turning the other cheek for "rolling over and dying." Did Jesus say, the Pharisees are nice wonderful people? No he said they are hypocrites, who devour widows houses. The Bible preaches nonviolence, but also preaches taking action and justice. Speaking out about evil.

Islam could be decent if it allowed reform and free thought. It does not, and is not. It is a group of scum-sucking violent *******s who rape women and kill men, especially those who would never raise a hand against them.

The US has been blamed for the Islam hatred. Surely we have done terrible things to them, right? Wrong. We have been in wars with them. But during peace time, we send food, medicine, clothing. Money. We have sent billions of dollars to help this region. We are in national debt because of this. It all gets taken by the state before it can reach the common people. Does the state buy more food or clothing or set up education systems? Build houses? No. They buy more weapons, and kill more people, including their own citizens. Honestly, if we gave them what we deserved, it would be a giant "screw them", lock them all up on a remote island like Pitcairn and take away all wood they could use to escape. But we've given them far better. And they have abused this gift, and blamed us for their own stupid issues.

If even 5 Muslims learned modern farming, this region could be a land flowing with milk and honey. It is not our fault you guys aren't productive. It's this entitlement culture of yours. We aren't taking your wealth. Your backwards culture is.
Did Jesus say PETER, ROUND UP THE TROOPS, THERE'S GONNA BE SOME KILLIN' GOING ON...

NOT..Jesus said PUT AWAY THAT SWORD--I HAVE ANGELS AT MY CALL AND CAN ANNIHILATE THIS ENTIRE MEASLY HUMAN WORLD IN ONE WORD__INSTEAD I WILL NOT FIGHT FOR IT IS GOD'D WILL...

I think some people confuse following and trusting in GOD with the innate desire to LIVE...what did Paulie say about dying?? That is was better to be with the Lord....yada yada yada..

Yet evangelicals REFUSE to accept God's will at every turn and try to impose their interpretation of what they WANT God's will to be instead...

Time to LET GO and LET GOD....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity