Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you accept the Trinity (as described in the Nicene Creed)?
Yes 20 39.22%
No 23 45.10%
Undecided 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 05:11 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
All the more reason to throw the doctrine out, and the more people that realize this the better. I have never known of a non-Trinitarian, unconnected to any denomination that has an axe to grind, or a precious doctrine or creed to protect, who has ever committed acts of violence against anyone in the name of their personal beliefs. It is only when one is a member of a large group who like to pretend that they all believe exactly the same thing and that they need to protect against those who believe differently, that you find a desire for the use of violence for this purpose. I know that the majority of non-trinitarians, such as Biblical Unitarians who have a wide range of beliefs about various subjects other than the nature of God, which is their only necessary point of agreement, do not believe in eternal torment, so they wouldn't wish other believers or anyone else to burn. There is definitely a definitive answer regarding all points of scripture. The only question is whether our pursuit of those answers is successful.
nice

and i thought so, too, until just a second ago...hmm.
see link above, if you like

Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I am a Biblical Unitarian. Though there are a number of different denominations or flavors under this banner, it is not itself a denomination, but a theological understanding about the nature of God which is derived solely from scripture. We follow no man-made creeds and derive our beliefs from our personal understanding of scripture alone guided by God's holy spirit, who is not a separate person but the active power and wisdom of God himself that we have access to through personal study of his inspired scriptures, and a personal relationship with Him and His people. The Spirit does not directly give us answers, but instead helps to guide our lives to make the answers available both for our knowledge of His word, and to benefit our personal walk with Him.
Blasphemy!!! :lol

no, but seriously, though; have you really read, do you know the Book of Truth?

(danger)

Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
...our knowledge of His word...
do you know what God's Word is, brother Nivram?

Old 11-21-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Do you really think that God's truth ever allows acts of violence to be done in its name? The Trinitarian Church both, Catholic and Protestant, have not only committed bloody acts of Violence, they have stood up for them and defended them as necessary. Truly knowing God's will and following it is the only sure protection against the commission of such violence in the name of supposed truth. Those who know the truth and believe it in their hearts cannot commit such acts.
hmm. we'll see, brother Nivram. But what is violence, spiritually speaking? i wonder?

Old 11-21-2016, 06:19 PM

331 posts, read 167,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
hmm. we'll see, brother Nivram. But what is violence, spiritually speaking? i wonder?
Do you actually have point? Or are you just trying to get a rise?

Old 11-21-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Wil we? Hou? hmm. wow, ya got me thinkin' nou. Demr sum deep thots. landa goshin. whoowee! Yu a blakbyrd 'r a blubyrd? Rut ro possible avian racial connotation. danger!

Old 11-21-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Do you actually have point? Or are you just trying to get a rise?
yes. no. rises i do not care about.
i don't do pointless rises, like you mean there, no.

Apostasy, i do. care about, that is. wadr.

Never hurts to put your beliefs on the grill, eh?

We can do mine next, if you like

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-21-2016 at 07:35 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Wil we? Hou? hmm. wow, ya got me thinkin' nou. Demr sum deep thots. landa goshin. whoowee! Yu a blakbyrd 'r a blubyrd? Rut ro possible avian racial connotation. danger!
wow, blackbirds, 3 times in one day! hmm. But now i think you're squirming, wadr.
Quote:

(danger)
Quote:
Quote:
these are simple questions, bro. Here, i will go first, for me, ok, from my pov, iow put my name in where yours is.

Quote:

(danger)
no i have not, really, and do not know It.

Quote:
yes, i do know that One.

Quote:
hmm. Teaching that people cannot hear God, cannot be led by the Spirit, or that the Bible is the Word, and people are to be led by It...all contrary to Scripture...any of those. All lies.

Sorry. Don't mean you are lying, though, ok.

How can you even hold "trash all doctrine" and "be led by the Book" at the same time?

And ps, surely we are just mostly having a difference in definitions of terms, i bet.
almost surely, probably

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-21-2016 at 07:41 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
wow, blackbirds, 3 times in one day! hmm. But now i think you're squirming, wadr.
Sorry, I just thought we were speaking gibberish, no?
Squirming? I still haven't even discovered what your point is, why would I squirm?
Respect? Really? That's what you're showing here?

Quote:
these are simple questions, bro. Here, i will go first, for me, ok, from my pov, iow put my name in where yours is.
These are cryptic questions imho. and mockery. Once again, state your point!

Quote:
hmm. Teaching that people cannot hear God, cannot be led by the Spirit, or that the Bible is the Word, and people are to be led by It...all contrary to Scripture...any of those. All lies.
Who teaches that people cannot hear God?
Who teaches they cannot be lead by the spirit?
Who calls the Bible the word? I call the Bible the scriptures, which simply means writings.
People are lead by lots of things, but mostly by their own understanding. They can certainly learn from the scriptures and allow what they learn about God's will to guide their actions. Does that offend you?

Quote:
Sorry. Don't mean you are lying, though, ok.
I suspect you do! imho

Quote:
How can you even hold "trash all doctrine" and "be led by the Book" at the same time?
I'm sorry, what does "trash all doctrine" and "be led by the Book" at the same time mean, and what does it have to do with anything I have written? If you have a problem with any of it, why don't you just spit it out, you're not going to hurt my feelings. The most I can do is tell you I think you're wrong!

Quote:
And ps, surely we are just mostly having a difference in definitions of terms, i bet. almost surely, probably
I can't say I have any idea what you're talking about! Why don't you just lay your cards on the table?

Last edited by Nivram; 11-21-2016 at 09:20 PM..

Old 11-21-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
yes. no. rises i do not care about.
i don't do pointless rises, like you mean there, no.

Apostasy, i do. care about, that is. wadr.

Never hurts to put your beliefs on the grill, eh?

We can do mine next, if you like
Just what is it that you think is apostasy?

Apparently you think I have committed it, so what is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity