Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you accept the Trinity (as described in the Nicene Creed)?
Yes 20 39.22%
No 23 45.10%
Undecided 8 15.69%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 04:37 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Same me? Yes. But if you're trying to draw an analogy, I'd say that you're really going out on a limb. If I had hair where my bones should be and bones where my hair should be, I'd be pretty darned messed up. You're going to have to do a better job than this of proving that all three members of the Godhead are the same thing.
but you have "you" in all of those places. The universe is "one thing"?

There actually is no things. Right? take things down to 0 Kelvin and they blend together. I think hindu does a better job of describing it with the term "facets"

Old 11-04-2016, 04:50 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
but you have "you" in all of those places. The universe is "one thing"?

There actually is no things. Right? take things down to 0 Kelvin and they blend together. I think hindu does a better job of describing it with the term "facets"
I always figured that is why His plan was up to 2000 ++++ degrees ! just to blend it all up .. yes because hot and cold have about the same results and it ain't life . but the hot side just make things just more gaseous which probably is closest to the truest nature of humanity.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:01 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
but you have "you" in all of those places.
All of my body parts make up me. I would agree with you on that.

Quote:
The universe is "one thing"?
I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

Quote:
Maybe for you it does; it doesn't so much for me.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
All of my body parts make up me. I would agree with you on that.

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here.

Maybe for you it does; it doesn't so much for me.
I am getting at that the universe is one thing, nothing we can do about that truth.

Well, there is no things. It is not not what it means to us or not, its a fundamental understanding at the base of everything we know. not even gluons are a "thing", they are an "average over time". Look up what most of your mass is and how small is it video 5. great stuff. its the stuff that literal atheist start dismissing in favor of personal meaning and lack of belief in anything, no matter how measurable and repeatable.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
I am getting at that the universe is one thing, nothing we can do about that truth... Well, there is no things.
If you say so.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:22 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
What, specifically, did it "clear up"?

LOL! There is a ton of debate on it, Vizio. How can you possibly claim there isn't a lot of debate on it? As a matter of fact, on this thread alone, people's opinions seem to be pretty definitively divided.

What word am I pretending doesn't have a meaning?
As I said...there is no debate. Either one believes what Christianity has taught for 2000 years or they don't. If a person doesn't believe it, then their religion is something else. It's not complicated. To be a Muslim, I have to believe what Islam teaches. To be any religion, one must believe what it teaches. We don't get to make up the meanings to words as we go.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
If you say so.
no, yo changed what I said here.

Its not what "I" say, its what "we" say. I also suggested you might want to go look at the material so that "if you say so" doesn't come up like it equalizes things like baseless belief with repeatable observations.

Gaseless beliefs only have legs in a cloud of ignorance. Here just meaning "you don't know yet".

Its only a bad thing if you choose not learn more. I learnt that from jesus.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:48 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Okay, this is a poll for people who consider themselves to be Christians. I realize I can't do anything to stop anybody else from voting, but I really would appreciate it if those of you who do not consider yourselves to be Christians do not vote on this question.

The Nicene Creed is commonly considered the document which (in 325 A.D.) formalized the doctrine of the Trinity. It describes a God that is three persons in one substance.
Yes. I do believe in the Trinity, but a perfectly good case can be made for non-Trinitarian Christianity.

It isn't mentioned once in the Bible. And I personally don't see the huge deal of seeing the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit as separate. I don't, but I was brought up to believe it. Since the belief never troubled me I accepted it.

I know that Oneness Pentecostals (United Pentecostals) do not. The split between the Congregational Church (now the United Church of Christ) and the Unitarian Church (which is still a Christian religion in New England, depending upon the particular congregation)

Katzpur, what is the LDS teaching about the Trinity? I am guessing that your church rejects it as polytheism. But I could be wrong.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
As I said...there is no debate.
Well, if Vizio says it, the matter is definitely settled once and for all.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Its only a bad thing if you choose not learn more. I learnt that from jesus.
Trust me, I hope to never stop learning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity