Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 07:45 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't think so, all those writes over all those centuries were writing a book about a temple being design in the design of a virgin's human anatomy and how she becomes pregnant and yet none of the authors knew that the towers were the legs, the priests were the ribs, the veil was a veil of a virgin, and behind that veil a uterus, and none of the authors contradict this story they were not even aware of, once a year a priest LITERALLY put on a costume that would make him look like an actual sperm trying to get past the veil of a virgin where there was no door, and everyone of these were dressed in their seed, trying to plant a seed in that uterus behind that veil never having succeeded until a true temple came, and a true temple got pregnant and began in new body, a new Temple where the first son of Earth will be followed by many sons as according to the plan set up at Mount Sinai.
The shield and spear of a war god.

Quote:
That Jesus was planted in the earth as a seed, and became the first born son.
Quote:
But let us say none of this matters.
Quote:
What we have is snow falling on the 3 peaks of Hermon and that snow goes down into the Jordan river where it comes into the Sea of Galilee of the nations and then through the Jordan to the Dead Sea.

Just the fact that this is the cycle the entire bible is teaching, MUST give a person pause.

None of the writers knew the dead sea was the lowest part of the Earth.

Is it sheer coincidence that so much, and so many of the stories end in the lowest place on Earth?

How is it that so much of the bible is about snow going into a river, through a lake and through a river to the Dead Sea, and this just happens to be the lowest of the Earth?
Death Valley isn't even that low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 10:05 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
ah. well, at some point i think it is pertinent to come to a view that it does not matter whether it actually happened or not; it is ancient mythology, meant to relate timeless truths to millenia of humans. The whole Book may be related to, in this way. Even Paul. Paul does not care if you get ritually dunked in water. Those are stories that convey information, while also providing a sword to divide hearts. Ergo, if you read that i must get baptized according to your understanding of Paul, in order that i be saved, after reflecting upon the Word alluded to in the rest of Scripture (Love your neighbor; that'll do, etc), then i am provided with the knowledge that you do not know what you are talking about, and have not found Word. I don't have to debate with you, about which words need to be said during your ritual baptism, or even whether baptism is the Law unto salvation, see; all i have to do is smile, and say "ok, ty," and go find a congregation that is not led by an apostate.

As for Free Will; go out into your shed, and get a hammer...lol. This "is there free will or not, because omniwhatever" is a bunch of crap that is easily resolved in your interactions with family, peers etc. You are "omniscient" where your children are concerned. Do they then not have free will, because you "know" them well enough to anticipate what they would do in a given yadayada? Of course not. They can still surprise you, and we even have Scripture for this. God is "perfect," this is a related tie-in, wherein we hold God up to our ideas of "perfection," ie "perfectionism," which is also crap. Nature alone, extinctions, tell us that our ideas of "perfect" are not God's ideas. Oh imo, ya, forgot that part. Creation is messy, sometimes.
I won't ask you another question.

Every time you write Word, for some strange reason I end up thinking of Carman, an 80's gospel singer fella. He had a track called Resurrection Rap, which had the phrase "Word Up" in it.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:57 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
so, did the hammer convince you, or was it being the nail that did that? i simply do not get how people can say they have no free will in one breath, and seem to also evince no faith in God in another. So surely i have misunderstood. could you tell me which position you believe there? strictly so that i might grasp where you are coming from, so to speak? ty

Old 11-14-2016, 02:08 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
oblivion? what definition are you using?
I remember a bit out of the O.T.- the dead they sleep they know nothing. I mentioned that some do not want eternal life - that one life in this world is enough. I had a conversation with a billionaire. He said...some people do not want to be saved. Maybe he was talking about himself? He had a full life....great power...great wealth and family.

On earth as it is in heaven. This world can be and probably was designed to be a heaven...but there are people who would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven as they say. Perhaps this billionaire ruled in hell and knew he had forfeited salvation and was resigned to the fact that he would blend into the darkness and enter oblivion and be forgotten in time by man and God?

The term oblivion actually does not mean just the void of emptiness but to be forgotten.

God will always be a mystery. The little I understand and the proof I see of an existence that is not some random accident...when I study nature - it is astounding....this is a miracle we live in. We are submerged in GOD.

If I enter into oblivion...the endless non existence- to be forgotten by man as billions are in time...I will be frightened. I really do not know...but I do feel deep in my heart that God will sustain you eternally....all you have to do is ask...all you have to do is know what you want...and to know all is possible.

So what is GOD.... I really do not know- But I love this force. I once asked to see the face of God...I saw the face of a new born child. Then I thought how much does he love me...answer...the same way we love the bright blessed face of a newborn...and that is all I know...It is enough.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
so, did the hammer convince you, or was it being the nail that did that? i simply do not get how people can say they have no free will in one breath, and seem to also evince no faith in God in another. So surely i have misunderstood. could you tell me which position you believe there? strictly so that i might grasp where you are coming from, so to speak? ty
i have, like, mild Asperger's or something? so i'm taking it as a given that i misunderstood lol. i just can't pidgeonhole you alla sudden ty

Old 11-14-2016, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I remember a bit out of the O.T.- the dead they sleep they know nothing. I mentioned that some do not want eternal life - that one life in this world is enough. I had a conversation with a billionaire. He said...some people do not want to be saved. Maybe he was talking about himself? He had a full life....great power...great wealth and family.

On earth as it is in heaven. This world can be and probably was designed to be a heaven...but there are people who would rather rule in hell than serve in heaven as they say. Perhaps this billionaire ruled in hell and knew he had forfeited salvation and was resigned to the fact that he would blend into the darkness and enter oblivion and be forgotten in time by man and God?

The term oblivion actually does not mean just the void of emptiness but to be forgotten.

God will always be a mystery. The little I understand and the proof I see of an existence that is not some random accident...when I study nature - it is astounding....this is a miracle we live in. We are submerged in GOD.

If I enter into oblivion...the endless non existence- to be forgotten by man as billions are in time...I will be frightened. I really do not know...but I do feel deep in my heart that God will sustain you eternally....all you have to do is ask...all you have to do is know what you want...and to know all is possible.

So what is GOD.... I really do not know- But I love this force. I once asked to see the face of God...I saw the face of a new born child. Then I thought how much does he love me...answer...the same way we love the bright blessed face of a newborn...and that is all I know...It is enough.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."

No one knows to where they are going
or from where they came.

that is a powerful incentive to live life in the now

Old 11-15-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
It's OK. I wasn't sure how to take your answer, so I didn't pay attention to the nail or the hammer. Apologies. I like things simple, not in the reductionist sense, i.e. how to boil the complex down into something meaninglessly simple, but rather, I like my bread or meal broken down, so it is easier to digest.

My position would be summed up broadly in the following article, as regards man's belief that they choose everything they do or believe:

Is Man a Free Moral Agent - J. Preston Eby

The mind and heart of man is but a filter for what passes by it in the spiritual realm, and 'salvation belongs to the Lord', so He chooses our moment and the circumstances of our new birth. And if Abba knows all, is all powerful and omnipresent, how can we possibly have free will - it can only be an ILLUSION, if we do indeed believe we have it. This is what dying daily means - ego death, so that Christ can live - God, I AM, in me. How much free will does a dead man have? (....rhetorical, but you're truly free to answer it, or not ). All we have to do is get in the flow of 'taking no thought', and we will be guided by Abba.

Old 11-15-2016, 12:57 AM

i dislike this, because i am responsible for the part above ground, above the root, and imo God is not looking for lock-steppers. All those uncomfortable thoughts, that flash by like some bizarro carnival option, that everyone has? Ya, they are never going away, ok, and falling stars are the lesson there. Free Will is the option you act on. imo, if i dint aready say that

Old 11-15-2016, 01:44 AM

Quote:
i dislike this, because i am responsible for the part above ground, above the root, and imo God is not looking for lock-steppers. All those uncomfortable thoughts, that flash by like some bizarro carnival option, that everyone has? Ya, they are never going away, ok, and falling stars are the lesson there. Free Will is the option you act on. imo, if i dint aready say that
Oh yea, it feels like responsibility alright! I'm not saying it doesn't feel like one chooses; of course it does. But the choice is a spiritual one; mostly between fear and faith, and He helps in that, right?

btw, uncomfortable thoughts require the 'are you of fear or of faith?' questioning reference frame holding against them, in love. Falling stars are illicited for what they are in that Spirit, and their foothold is loosened, Amen. As per Smith Wigglesworth's response to a manifestation of the devil in his bedroom one night, ..."it's only you". And he turned over and went back to sleep.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 11-15-2016 at 02:10 AM..

Old 11-15-2016, 03:43 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post

I am ok with this.

I would be careful bringing a child in because of how that affects us emotionally. When it comes to my kids, or any kid, I tend to lose sight of logic.

"forgotten", after I die I don't care. But I getcha while we are alive.

I asked to see him too.
I was shown the periodic table in everything.
Including how I felt when I held an infant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity