Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
yeah I woudnt eat pork. Rather just sit back and let them root and find all those beautiful roots.

They even help with tilling.
eat all the pork you like, lol. eat scavengers too, if you want; there is no condemnation. yes, you will be showing ezackly where you are in the plan, on the road; where did i read in here, CD, about there won't be any manifestations of poverty in a house of wealth, though?

So iow, why make a law that will only serve to hide the Truth, when the Truth will manifest the Law? fulfill It?

pigs are much smarter than dogs, btw; and even have more personality. but don't get me wrong, i love dogs, but funny how both are portrayed in Scripture, yet we make one our babies, and eat the other. Huh.

go ask a farmer, who loves his pigs, and goats, too. you only have to show them something once, twice tops.

So iow yes, i totally agree with you, since that is prolly not clear.

and furthermore, we don't just eat pork, pigs, we eat CAFO pigs, tortured pigs, pigs who never had a good day, not a single one. so, we torture them first, all their lives, and then eat them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 01:18 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
eat all the pork you like, lol. eat scavengers too, if you want; there is no condemnation. yes, you will be showing ezackly where you are in the plan, on the road; where did i read in here, CD, about there won't be any manifestations of poverty in a house of wealth, though?

So iow, why make a law that will only serve to hide the Truth, when the Truth will manifest the Law? fulfill It?
Why consume something without knowing the purpose the Lord has givin them?

Maybe if I were to sit still for a moment even you might not even see an intention.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Just scratching the surface, it looks like most of the more stringent interpretations were medieval scholars, but the "traditions of the elders" would probably have prohibited cooking meat in milk.
Whereas God could likely not care less, on some level.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I don't see it .
i am wanting to follow, but this is not following for me, from the prior post, sorry. and so i don't grasp what "it" is, wadr. ty

Old 11-14-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I don't see it .
I see men and you see patriarchs were there is none .
those men were not alive when she was.
and she had 5 husbands.
I think they were 'real' husbands and they all left her .
everyone spiritualizes something and you all spiritualize your patriarchs.
and you all just spiritualized this into a code that puts everyone back under things that you all never could keep
meaning that the parable of the Woman at the Well is just a story about multiple marriage, and divorcing? is that what you mean here? Doesn't that read more like a law, a dead law, so to speak, that i can read in any current Christian philosophy? that is an obvious concept iow? Guess i am misunderstanding, perhaps.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
A mistake. It is actually a part of the protocol for the sacrifice of "first fruits."
so, strike two, at least. but i would not restrict it to some historical admonition to not mix pagan abominational things, which are even disgusting to us today, like making dogs fight or something, with the spiritual ritual that we are reading about--the sacrifice of first fruits--which frankly i do not even have a spiritual analogue for yet. What does that even mean? Spiritually, i mean, i get the "tithing" part.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Why consume something without knowing the purpose the Lord has givin them?
because i am hungry, and there is a pig, and i have a verse, more than one, saying that it is ok, perhaps. Need. but more often, actually, just desire. Bacon can be made from beef, too, salt cured. no reason not to have beef bacon. but see that i am playing DA here ok.
Quote:
Maybe if I were to sit still for a moment even you might not even see an intention.
boy, no kidding, that is me to a t. but being as how i agree with you, i was, again, just playing DA, and speaking for the others, taking the other side, iow. examining the intention of those who eat pigs that have been tortured their whole lives, instead of using a pig for what they are best at. truffles. and rewarding them with chocolate, which they like at least as well. take a pig's truffle, and give him some chocolate, right away. one time. and see what happens. that pig is going to be bringing you truffles in your sleep, lol. of course no one does this, though.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
I don't see it .
I see men and you see patriarchs were there is none .
those men were not alive when she was.
and she had 5 husbands.
I think they were 'real' husbands and they all left her .
everyone spiritualizes something and you all spiritualize your patriarchs.
and you all just spiritualized this into a code that puts everyone back under things that you all never could keep .

I understand what you are saying, but Hannibal and I are speaking from a conviction that we were ALL to be grafted in to Judah, there never should have been a breach (not that it caught Him off guard). The Spirit was given so that the law can be fulfilled, spiritually, while walking the law out in shoe leather. The letter and the Spirit are needed to form Him in us. We walk in the letter as much as possible given there is no natural temple, and spiritual things are revealed and made life in us that we would not have known any other way, nor had performed in us. This is really happening in the Spirit right now, I can testify because it's happening to ME. Peace

Old 11-14-2016, 02:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:

pigs are much smarter than dogs, btw; and even have more personality. but don't get me wrong, i love dogs, but funny how both are portrayed in Scripture, yet we make one our babies, and eat the other. Huh.

go ask a farmer, who loves his pigs, and goats, too. you only have to show them something once, twice tops.

So iow yes, i totally agree with you, since that is prolly not clear.

and furthermore, we don't just eat pork, pigs, we eat CAFO pigs, tortured pigs, pigs who never had a good day, not a single one. so, we torture them first, all their lives, and then eat them.

There is no condemnation to those that are IN Christ Jesus, which means, walking in His Spirit. So if He leads us not to eat it, why should any condemn us over it? See?

The Spirit some say (not directing that at anyone in particular including you) that is paramount in their walk, just tripped them up, because they made a "law" independent of the Spirit's imput, that "law" being in their minds "that we don't have to eat kosher, we just decided to do it to be under the letter."

A lot of the Jews after the flesh under the letter missed Him the first time, because they weren't paying attention to what the Spirit of G-d was doing, and make no mistake about it, a lot of those that think they are spiritual Jews independent of the letter now, are making the same mistake, not paying attention to what the Spirit is doing in this hour.

And I might add, that those that are under the altar in Revelation crying out for their brethren to die in the same way they did, is not a bad motive of the heart. Peace

Old 11-14-2016, 02:11 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
meaning that the parable of the Woman at the Well is just a story about multiple marriage, and divorcing? is that what you mean here? Doesn't that read more like a law, a dead law, so to speak, that i can read in any current Christian philosophy? that is an obvious concept iow? Guess i am misunderstanding, perhaps.
so your saying it didn't happen irl but it is a parable ? I think she was IRL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity