Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:45 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
...let those wash over you. Now go Bsearch "Milk Book" and "Meat Book," and then try "Milk Bible" and "Meat Bible," and see why i post no links for those. Haven't tried, um, i dunno, "Milk...what? i'm out of ideas. Milk+commandment" Or "Law," maybe? :lol
did you catch that you cannot connect milk or meat to Book or Bible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Forgive me richard.
I love you. More than you could know.

After all. Who knows better than an enticer.

I'll say it once more.
You have 29 days.
apostasy is ingrained, very difficult to escape

Old 11-14-2016, 06:55 PM

619 posts, read 311,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's Richard, where I would delete and edit, Richard usually don't. I try and fix what I can fix fast.
That whole episode started when someone else said that gdiy meant cheese in the passages for which this thread is concerned. I used En-Gedi as an example as for why gdiy or gediy does not mean cheese by way of the unanimously and commonly accepted knowledge that En-Gedi means something like kid-goat-fountain, (because everyone knows that fountain of cheese would be ridiculous). R1965 then stepped in and stated that Ein-Gedi means "eye of the goat", (completely ignoring or missing my point). I then posted a picture of the oasis of En-Gedi and in another post around the same time suggested it could also be something like a watering hole, (perhaps like the resemblance of the circle of an eye but would still be called a fountain rather than an eye). R1965 has egg on his face, (yet another popular modern idiom ), and was only trying to save face even though it was clearly too late. The overall point being that gdiy-gediy does not mean cheese in the passages related to the topic of this thread.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:13 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,052,927 times
Deut 14:21
Ye shall not eat spoiled meat: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for you art an holy people unto the Lord thy God.
You shalt not coagulate curds in people's milk.
You shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Exodus 23:17
Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord God.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the milkfat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God.
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights

The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a curd (cheese)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
cheese: גְּבִינָה

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_milk_products

Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three curds (cheeses), and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

bread, wine, and cheese. All made with microorganisms

Old 11-14-2016, 07:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
What made you change your mind? Was it the picture of an oasis I posted? There are plenty more all over the net. Nice to see someone willing to admit his error.
I didn't admit an error...Just look on a map and find En Gedi, you'll see that it is the name of an Oasis...As for the meaning of En Gedi, it means Eye of the Goat...

Last edited by Richard1965; 11-14-2016 at 08:52 PM..

Old 11-14-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's Richard, where I would delete and edit, Richard usually don't. I try and fix what I can fix fast.
What in the world are you talking about HF?...

Old 11-14-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
That whole episode started when someone else said that gdiy meant cheese in the passages for which this thread is concerned. I used En-Gedi as an example as for why gdiy or gediy does not mean cheese by way of the unanimously and commonly accepted knowledge that En-Gedi means something like kid-goat-fountain, (because everyone knows that fountain of cheese would be ridiculous). R1965 then stepped in and stated that Ein-Gedi means "eye of the goat", (completely ignoring or missing my point). I then posted a picture of the oasis of En-Gedi and in another post around the same time suggested it could also be something like a watering hole, (perhaps like the resemblance of the circle of an eye but would still be called a fountain rather than an eye). R1965 has egg on his face, (yet another popular modern idiom ), and was only trying to save face even though it was clearly too late. The overall point being that gdiy-gediy does not mean cheese in the passages related to the topic of this thread.
Hmmm, it helps when one is a Jew and knows Hebrew...Hmmm...

Old 11-14-2016, 07:41 PM

lol
Quote:
lol

miffed daqq

serve it cold

Old 11-14-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Deut 14:21
Ye shall not eat spoiled meat: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for you art an holy people unto the Lord thy God.
You shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Exodus 23:17
Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord God.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the milkfat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God.
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights

The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a curd (cheese)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
cheese: גְּבִינָה

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_milk_products

Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three curds (cheeses), and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

bread, wine, and cheese. All made with microorganisms
wow ty

straight code there

Old 11-14-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What in the world are you talking about HF?...
you only have an hour and a half
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity