Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Nah, line upon line, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT, all flow together if you have the keys. Peace
You don't study Torah, you just read it and supply whatever "spiritual" interpretation suits your fancy. I doubt seriously that you ever crack Mishnah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2016, 03:46 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Nah, line upon line, PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT, all flow together if you have the keys. Peace
Yes maam.
Amen

Old 11-12-2016, 04:17 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
I guess reality is in the eyes of the beholder, isn't it? To some, the spiritual IS reality. Peace
I'm curious, do you separate milk and meat in your refrigerator, Rbbi1? ty

Old 11-12-2016, 04:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You don't study Torah, you just read it and supply whatever "spiritual" interpretation suits your fancy. I doubt seriously that you ever crack Mishnah.

He's trained me to look for the spiritual. If you choose to look for the natural, just so you can reject it, what's that to me? Nada. Peace

Old 11-12-2016, 04:24 PM

Rbbi1, are you selectively answering posts, to suit yourself here? Because i am detecting some yeast, wadr. ty

Old 11-12-2016, 04:27 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
I'm curious, do you separate milk and meat in your refrigerator, Rbbi1? ty
I remember my grandmother actually had a custom kosher kitchen. It was set up galley style, with two separate kitchen areas (appliances, sink, countertop, utensils, cookware) opposite one another in the same room. The running joke was asking why she didn't have 2 separate mops and brooms.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:27 PM

I just replied to you on another thread about the above....didn't I??? Peace

Old 11-12-2016, 04:30 PM

lol.

prolly. ya, no. you missed it there, too :/ ty

Old 11-12-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
lol.

prolly. ya, no. you missed it there, too :/ ty

Yeah, I did; good, I thought I was delirious for a second there.....

I asked you if you saw anything in there that told me to do it. I don't see seething script as being synonymous with separating milk and meat all the time. I think the former, at it's core, speaks of mercy for the babes, IMO. Peace

Old 11-12-2016, 11:08 PM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
Quote:
What does this mean? You can go search the phrase, and get many returns for it; some go on for pages. Literal theses, that go on at length, about what seething a kid in its mother's milk is not. Not saying that there isn't one that is correct, but i haven't found it yet.

The Book is teaching lessons to you, full of knowledge for you, and it is you who is being cautioned, 3 times, not to seethe a kid in its mother's milk. And the symbolism for all of the terms, "seething, kid, mother, and milk," are all so obviously apparent, to even a God 101 student, that they do not even need to be repeated here, do they?
Deut 14:21
Ye shall not eat spoiled meat: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for you art an holy people unto the Lord thy God.
You shalt not coagulate curds in people's milk.
You shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Exodus 23:17
Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord God.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the milkfat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God.
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights

The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a curd (cheese)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
cheese: גְּבִינָה

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_milk_products

Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three curds (cheeses), and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

bread, wine, and cheese. All made with microorganisms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity