Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 01:30 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Deut 14:21
Ye shall not eat spoiled meat: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for you art an holy people unto the Lord thy God.
You shalt not coagulate curds in people's milk.
You shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Exodus 23:17
Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord God.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the milkfat of my sacrifice remain until the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God.
Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.
You shalt not offer the juice of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
The best of the firstfruits of thy land you shalt bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.
And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights

The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him so that he tore the lion apart with his bare hands as he might have torn a curd (cheese)

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
cheese: גְּבִינָה

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermented_milk_products

Then shalt thou go on forward from thence, and thou shalt come to the plain of Tabor, and there shall meet thee three men going up to God to Bethel, one carrying three curds (cheeses), and another carrying three loaves of bread, and another carrying a bottle of wine:

bread, wine, and cheese. All made with microorganisms
nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would think a kid is referring to a goat, and a goat is not a sheep. A goat will go where he wants and clings to the high places where sheep stay in the valley.

The milk NO DOUBT is referring to a teaching and this of his mother.

Maybe it is speaking about how we should treat a GOAT/SINNER, BECAUSE the teaching of his mother was of goats and not of sheep, and so maybe it means that we should not be mean to a person born in another religion?

A prophet will have fire in his mouth to destroy anyone who comes against him and this is just flat out wrong, the priest will care for the people and stand in the breach between people and God.

Maybe it means that we should not disrespect people of other faiths as to kill them{fire from our mouths in judgment} because of their mother's teaching and they are now a goat instead of a lamb.
how about you shouldn't burn some neutral young person who is still seeking, but has not made a commitment--or maybe they even have, but they are just "young"--with Fundamentalist visions of a Vengeful God and hell, "seething" them in the milk of the Word?

Old 11-13-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Deuteronomy: 22

6"If you happen to come upon a bird's nest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young; 7you shall certainly let the mother go, but the young you may take for yourself,{A great blessing on how your life will go} in order that it may be well with you and that you may prolong your days.…

WHY?

Why such an importance and why such a blessing?
dunno--why?
wow huge amount of hidden work here, again, Hann. ty! It will make The Book of Hannibal Flavius a little harder to follow, though; the paperback anyway...lol

Old 11-13-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Mental images and spiritual understanding imparted in an atomos of time (twinkling of an eye) have nada to do with each other. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Yet, you use imagery (figurative language) and imagination to comprehend the Spiritual?
yes. That imo is Word, how Word is heard. just. like. that. Just like Paul's description of "caught up in the air," which was surely a historical event for him.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:01 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
yes. That imo is Word, how Word is heard. just. like. that. Just like Paul's description of "caught up in the air," which was surely a historical event for him.

Of course it was. Anything we receive from the Spirit is worked into us. Paul couldn't know what he was speaking of without having had experienced it via the womb of the morning. Neither can we truly know (as to be one with, as in Adam knew his wife and they were one flesh) anything of the Spirit without becoming one with it.

Just as in the natural to be able to CONCEIVE means the woman was impregnated with new life, so too the Spirit impregnates us with the new life of the mind of Christ (on a matter-it's a process), which also bears fruit or new life, every seed reproducing after it's own kind.

Conversely, this is why it says that when sin has CONCEIVED (in the womb of our mind), it bringeth forth death, because death is the fruit of sin. Peace

Old 11-13-2016, 02:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Just like Paul's description of "caught up in the air," which was surely a historical event for him.
We are caught up to a higher place of understanding, even while we yet live. Now, that's reality.
It has nothing to do with our imaginations, which are not real, in and of themselves.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:46 PM

619 posts, read 311,891 times
Quote:
I would go with what Daqq said elsewhere about seething a kid, but just respect alone does it for me in the natural sense of the thing.

''The Rights of an Apostle
…8Do I say this from a human perspective? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing? 9For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.†Is it about oxen that God is concerned? 10Isn’t He actually speaking on our behalf? Indeed, this was written for us, because when the plowman plows and the thresher threshes, they should also expect to share in the harvest.…''

Judaism 101: Treatment of Animals
Proverbs 12
A righteous man knoweth the soul of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

There are laws for animals that are different amongst other nations, and the person who disrespects of abuses an animal either physically or mentally is generally a person who should not be a shepherd.

It is the shepherds who are the great men in the bible and their sheep know his voice and it's funny how sheep are so much like dogs. A shepherd would name each of his sheep and they can be grazing together and a shepherd can call out for just one to come running by name and the sheep knows his name and comes running to his shepherd because if he can't respect animals, who would make him a shepherd of people?

Whether you look to the first born of cattle dying, oxen, calves, it is really speaking in symbolism, but the law itself teaches some sort of respect towards animals that other nations did not teach and I just suppose it would be a very disrespectful thing to cook a kid in it's mother's milk.

And yet, does it speak of a beast or of me?

It is written for me.

21Ye shall not eat of any thing that dieth of itself: thou shalt give it unto the stranger that is in thy gates, that he may eat it; or thou mayest sell it unto an alien: for thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.
Whatever this means, milk is teaching, but I think it has much to do about respect.

Milk is something that a child is to be weaned from.
It really is pretty simple when we boil it all down:

Deuteronomy 30:11-19 (Also quoted in Romans 10:5-8)
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.
15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;
16 In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17 But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18 I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of Elohim should come, he answered them, and said, The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation:
21 Neither shall they say, "Look here!" or, "See, over there!" For behold, the kingdom of Elohim is within you!

To choose the external physical interpretation of the scripture is to choose death, (Romans 8:6-13).

Old 11-13-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Of course it was. Anything we receive from the Spirit is worked into us. Paul couldn't know what he was speaking of without having had experienced it via the womb of the morning. Neither can we truly know (as to be one with, as in Adam knew his wife and they were one flesh) anything of the Spirit without becoming one with it.

Just as in the natural to be able to CONCEIVE means the woman was impregnated with new life, so too the Spirit impregnates us with the new life of the mind of Christ (on a matter-it's a process), which also bears fruit or new life, every seed reproducing after it's own kind.

Conversely, this is why it says that when sin has CONCEIVED (in the womb of our mind), it bringeth forth death, because death is the fruit of sin. Peace
nice. ok well, hideous at the bottom, imo, lol, got my fill of talking about sin in 30 years of Funditude, but i get you. Yet i sin, and do not die; so i think we should adjust our def of sin away from "bad" and toward "miss the mark," as in "shoot some arrows, already, and quit using your perfectionism as your guide. You are going to miss the bullseye. A lot, at first. Change, get better, refine your program, accept forgiveness--by offering forgiveness--after owning up, and offering to make it right, and evincing rebound/works, and understanding death in the spiritual sense; Separation; which always accompanies missing the mark, you should even be able to see it reflected in their faces, of those you 'sinned' against." etc. And stop obsessing, and getting frozen, on this death-centered "sin" thing.

And if there is no one to apologize to, don't let some apostate retard tell you that you have sinned.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
how about you shouldn't burn some neutral young person who is still seeking, but has not made a commitment--or maybe they even have, but they are just "young"--with Fundamentalist visions of a Vengeful God and hell, "seething" them in the milk of the Word?
or "your warped conception of what you think the Bible says, that you hold because your control agenda," iow.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:23 PM

10,042 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
It really is pretty simple when we boil it all down:
Deuteronomy 30:11-19 (Also quoted in Romans 10:5-8)
Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of Elohim should come, he answered them, and said, The kingdom of Elohim does not come with ocular-visual observation:
21 Neither shall they say, "Look here!" or, "See, over there!" For behold, the kingdom of Elohim is within you!

To choose the external physical interpretation of the scripture is to choose death, (Romans 8:6-13).
Isn't Romans 8:12 directed to those who would be Jesus' "brothers", Jesus' "brothers" of Matthew 25:40 ?
They ' those brothers ' are the ones chosen to go to heaven - Luke 22:28-30
They are adopted sons of God to be Jesus' brothers, and reign with Jesus - Revelation 20:6
They were Not choosing death, but to gain everlasting life in Heaven with Jesus.
Whereas, the majority of mankind can gain everlasting life on a paradisical Earth under Christ's reign over Earth.
So, neither those who are resurrected to Heaven, or those who will have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to life on Earth, are choosing death, but choosing everlasting life either in Heaven for some, or choosing everlasting life on Earth as was originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Jesus was addressing his enemy Pharisees at Luke 17:20-21. Surely Jesus was Not saying the kingdom of God was within or inside of those hate-filled enemy Pharisees. Rather, Jesus, as king-to-be of God's kingdom, was within their midst, Jesus was within their reach, but they rejected Jesus. Starting with verse 22 of Luke 17:22, after Jesus concludes what he says to the Pharisees, then in verse 22 is when Jesus addresses his followers.
Jesus teaches them (and by way of extension us) at Luke 19:11-15 that Jesus would first have to go away to a far country (heaven) before he would return in kingdom glory at the future glory ' time of separation ' of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
The figurative humble 'sheep' and haughty ' goats will be judged on the basis of how they have treated Jesus' "brothers" mentioned at Matthew 25:40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity