Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 03:11 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
hmm. um...whew. hence "Gotta Get a Lexicon?" ya. because that is ezackly what sin is, imo, we'll see, i guess.
Yeah, I guess we will.

Quote:
Inerrant
Infallible
Inspired
Since you posted these three words without comment, I'm not really sure what kind of a response you're looking for.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-15-2016 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Witness, please.
so then, you should have no problem bringing me your Absolute Doctrine, right there, with the Witnesses, so we can put them thr...shed a little light on the subject, then, yeh?
I have no desire whatsoever to bring you my "Absolute Doctrine" (capitalized or not). I am always willing to answer specific questions about what I believe, and I will post to any thread on which I feel I can contribute something worthwhile. I already said, "What I don't believe is that any one group holds a monopoly on [absolute doctrine] or that any individual can legitimately claim to know what it is." What I won't do is be backed into a corner by someone who just wants to "shed a little light on the subject." I can recognize baiting when I see it, and I don't play by those rules.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:08 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well that's what they say so it MUST be true, right?
now you're gettin it; if it's what they say, and they aren't tryna lie, then it must be the truth. for them. got any issues there, still, or is that clear now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
But the truth is I differ majorly in some points, like the "rapture" you mention above, for instance, and there are others. Peace
well, we aint worried about that unimportant stuff no more, huh, so let's get to the important stuff now

Old 11-15-2016, 08:23 PM

So, there is no Absolute Truth, as you may amply demonstrate to yourself, any time you like, by just posting your favorite Sacred Cow online, and declaring it to be a Law Unto All Mankind, and see how fast somebody comes with an equally valid other Law, with the appropriate Witnesses, that contradicts yours. Or by all means, let's hear your vain apostate Law, your doctrine, about what i gotta do, or what needs to be said when, that you just know is what is saving you from the pit of fiery hell, even though you can't find any fire when you look, except God, the All Consuming One.

There is no Law but Love,
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law,

ty, mensaguy.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:18 PM

Quote:
So, there is no Absolute Truth, as you may amply demonstrate to yourself, any time you like, by just posting your favorite Sacred Cow online, and declaring it to be a Law Unto All Mankind, and see how fast somebody comes with an equally valid other Law, with the appropriate Witnesses, that contradicts yours. Or by all means, let's hear your vain apostate Law, your doctrine, about what i gotta do, or what needs to be said when, that you just know is what is saving you from the pit of fiery hell, even though you can't find any fire when you look, except God, the All Consuming One.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

ty, mensaguy.
I'm assuming this post is addressed to me. (It would have been helpful had you quoted me, just so that I could be sure.)

When I said I believe in "absolute truth," I was not implying that I know what it is any better than anyone else. Truth exists independently of whether anyone believes it or not. Someday, we'll all be privileged to know what it is. For now, all that is expected of us is to walk in faith, living our lives with integrity and respecting the differences that exist between us. And to demonstrate that I mean what I say, if you disagree with my, I am willing to respect your opinion as well-considered, but just different from mine.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 AM

nice. ya, i was just making a general observation. you can hold all the doctrines you want. i have doctrines, too, i can't say that i don't. but i recognize that they are just some framework i have erected, from tilling my own soil, like Cain, whose harvest is rejected, instead of being among the flocks, shepherding--which is a kind of slippery word because it might suggest authority to some, when i think shepherds can also be shepherded, it's maybe more like a 'looking after each other' thing--other people.

so, i think Word is Truth, the only absolute truth, and what is the Word? it is tempting to seek an "answer," "42," when any concept of "the Word" ends up recognizing the fluid nature of the Word, this one absolute, that has no definition. i mean, define "Word" lol, it's like trying to define "Gospel."

so, although i don't get this, Word leads me to see that i need a covering, absolutely need some cover, a skin shield, so i won't be "embarrassed." so that is absolute. then i see whole nations who walk naked, and are not embarrassed, we can see them in Nat Geo, those types, naked and unembarrassed. so my AT kind of...goes out the window, then.

so then i'm back to "no absolute truth," which is where Word keeps leading me.
so i guess i agree that there is AT, but defining it will be like trying to define Word, or Gospel.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Amen! Against agape love there is no law. As long as we love God and each other we are "born of God" and know God, period.

Old 11-17-2016, 04:51 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity