Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 11:51 AM

619 posts, read 311,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don't see any links to this information that you cut and pasted...You do know that Ge'ez is a Semitic language, don't you?...
Quote:
I'm not the one making a buffoon of myself...It is you who are...Since it is believed that the Gospel was written in Greek, the Greek denotes singularity with the word "epi", so it would be "epi theon"...But, let's stick with your interpretation, and we have a polytheistic god...IOW, perhaps the Copts did what the watch tower did and translated it the way that they wanted...No surprise there...

What do you know, look at this, a Greek translation of the Bohairic, Joh 1:1 ᾿Εν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος.

And G-d was the Word...
Yes, you are again making yourself look foolish. I never said anything about Greek in the post that apparently set you off on your high horse once again. Here again is the post you responded to which I posted to bbyrd, PLEASE LEARN TO READ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
If you had that statement translated for you from one of the oldest manuscripts in the world, that is, the Coptic, (Boharic), Text, and you inserted "BIBLE" in the way that you do, it would look something like this:

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS A GOD.

Just an interesting tittlebit . . . :-)
Where did I say anything about Greek? Where did I translate any Greek? Where did I say anything about any modern translations of Greek? Where did I question any Greek translation of John 1:1 into English? You clearly read my words in the same exact way you read the scripture because you clearly only see what you want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 11:59 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Yes, you are again making yourself look foolish. I never said anything about Greek in the post that apparently set you off on your high horse once again. Here again is the post you responded to which I posted to bbyrd, PLEASE LEARN TO READ:

Where did I say anything about Greek? Where did I translate any Greek? Where did I say anything about any modern translations of Greek? Where did I question any Greek translation of John 1:1 into English? You clearly read my words in the same exact way you read the scripture because you clearly only see what you want to see.
Oh, how cute...You're attempting to play mind games, awww....

Old 11-21-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Richard1965, it is you who began the attack, like you always do, seeking to establish your Authoritay, with your "you are wrong" crap, and don't think you are fooling anyone, ok. And trust that daqq will think i am Mr Hyde, if he does the same, because that is just the kinda guy i am, trust me. I will defend you as quick as him, push come to shove, ok?

your precious is being challenged, and you react, like any Apostate would, wadr.
Lol...ok...Sometimes you make no sense...I can hold my own...I am not trying to establish anything...It's DQ that comes here as a newby thinking to teach everyone instead of discussing and learning and growing...

Old 11-21-2016, 12:27 PM

619 posts, read 311,813 times
Quote:
Oh, how cute...You're attempting to play mind games, awww....
Mind games now? You appear to have no reading comprehension for as far as the eye can see. Everyone can see exactly what just happened: you thought you saw an opportunity to make someone you disagree with look stupid, (me), and jumped into oncoming traffic before you took the time to look both ways and actually read what was said. It is not mind games just because you opened your mouth and inserted your own foot into your mouth.

Quote:
Lol...ok...Sometimes you make no sense...I can hold my own...I am not trying to establish anything...It's DQ that comes here as a newby thinking to teach everyone instead of discussing and learning and growing...
Oh, how cute, the jealousy of Cain as the boil in your forehead begins to fester, awww....

Old 11-21-2016, 12:35 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times
Quote:
haven't noticed him turning your name into a joke though

Old 11-21-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Mind games now? You appear to have no reading comprehension for as far as the eye can see. Everyone can see exactly what just happened: you thought you saw an opportunity to make someone you disagree with look stupid, (me), and jumped into oncoming traffic before you took the time to look both ways and actually read what was said. It is not mind games just because you opened your mouth and inserted your own foot into your mouth.

Oh, how cute, the jealousy of Cain as the boil in your forehead begins to fester, awww....
Like I said, how cute...You are the one that proffered that John 1:1 said that the word was a God and posted links which I read and found one to show that you were being dishonest...The comparison between Ge'ez and Greek, I can read Greek, and what you offered shows that it said in the Greek "And G-d was the word.", not at all what you were trying to sell...You are the one that seems to be ranting...You seem to live in a fantasy world where everything around you has biblical implications were there are none...Instead of trying to teach people what you think is the truth, why not involve yourself in a two way discussion and maybe you'll learn something...

Old 11-21-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
haven't noticed him turning your name into a joke though
You do notice what he does when someone disagrees with him, don't you?...

Old 11-21-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
You do notice what he does when someone disagrees with him, don't you?...
yes, i have witnessed the difference in disagreeing, and being an bleep, too.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-21-2016 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: language

Old 11-21-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
ps, ironic that you came to my thread with this, huh? and just so you know, one word from an OP of another thread that i am blathering on, and i will leave it for good. A simple "Mark, do you mind?" is all it takes, k.
and for that matter, even if you are not the OP, and even if it is my thread, for that matter, if i am interrupting, please say something.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:53 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
ya ok, work on this

IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE BIBLE, AND THE BIBLE WAS WITH GOD, AND THE BIBLE WAS GOD.

and have a good day.
By your WORDS you'll be justified and by your WORDS you'll be condemned.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge,namely the words I have spoken that is what condemns him on the last day.

Walk in the light so you will live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity